25th Anniversary Of 1984

Mr jagtar singh khalsa, i dont know if u were present or not at the meeting a few weeks back in Birmingham? But at that meeting Dal Khalsa Uk, Council of Khalistan and other organisations agreed to pledge full backing and were in favour of The event being held at Trafalguar square.

I was present at that meeting myself...so when you say that "other members of FSO have not made a decision yet", i am completely baffled.

I was not at the meeting, but feedback I received from the meeting suggests a final decision was not made on Trafalgar Square. I am sure some of the FSO members will be 100% behind Trafalgar Square and provide funds, but I do not think all have made a final decision. Send me your mobile number in an off-line message and I will speak to you to clarify matters. You also probably have my number.

I was at the FSO meeting before this in Birmingham and was tasked with others to:

i) produce options for the finish - three were mentioned as some were not convinced by the Trafalgar Square option

ii) a budget showing costs for the whole event (showing the additional costs of Trafalgar Square) - approximate figures were given based on the experience of previous years. At least one of the organisations stated they could only contribute £500 in total due to expenses elsewhere - the final decision on Trafalgar Square was deferred.

Following the last meeting I along with others have been asked to prepare the budget for the next meeting. If each FSO organisation committed to provide thousands of pounds for the 2009 rally/march that is great, presumably a budget was presented and approved and I received inaccurate information and need not take any action. But it would help knowing this as one of the FSO members only mentioned Hyde Park at the end of the event on 26 January outside the Indian High Commission. It may simply have been on oversight not to mention Trafalgar Square.

The Sikh Federation (UK) made the official booking of Trafalgar Square at the start of December 2008. We have made contact with those that provide the screens (main cost) - the costs are higher than in previous years.

We hope that the thousands of pounds committed by each FSO organisation at the last meeting have been paid to the FSO and will be forwarded to those incurring the costs.

'AK47 JATHA LION' see text in red above. I sent you my mobile number yesterday via an off-line message. Please ring me to clear up any confusion and to make the events this year a success

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so which of those things you just mentioned that we should do are you going to do?

what im trying to say is that we have a habbit of saying we should do this and do that but we dont do it ourselves. We expect other people to read what we are saying so they do something!

if someone says get posters made for distribution, you dont have to be no big graphic designer for it to happen, even paint can do the job, all we want to do is give the sangat that dont know about 84 the information they need.

bhul chuk maaf

Techno Singh

I actually know chatanga and what he does with limited resources, with a difficult comitee at the gurdwara he is based and on his own and its alot more then what most people do with 10 times as much resources. If someones saying the right thing why dont you just see it that way instead of trying to criticise.

Maybe you have that habbit but Chatanga doesnt, but knowing him he'll still say that he'd want to do more.

Whilst I attend the yearly ritual to London each year and say Fateh to the usual Babae and their boys, are the organisers going to have something more lasting than a '1 day get together'?

I mean, it is important to get the Panth together to commemorate the destruction to Sri Akal Takht Sahib, other historic Gurdwareah and the Shaheeds. Definately we must do this. However, we do need something more lasting like a hospital, school, memorial as a tangible that the Sangat and non-Sikhs can observe every day, every year -rather than a £50k 1 day rant and rave.'

Organisers please respond.....

As stated before in this topic, in addition to the Remembrance March and Freedom Rally, there are many professional level events being proposed and designed to take place throughout 2009 for the 25th Anniversary of the 1984 June massacre and November pogroms.

All like-minded Sikhs and organisations with Panthic views and concerns should support morally, financially, as well as work together to make these Panthic events a success.