The Sikh Channel

satty2007

fateh harjet singh as i made clear in my previous post ofcourse namdharis and i believe the tuk to be valid. it is gurus bani. i know what you are getting at so i will explain.

Without the True Guru, there is no Guru at all; one who is without a Guru has a bad reputation. ||13|| (SGGSJ, Ang 435)

If a hundred moons were to rise, and a thousand suns appeared, even with such light, there would still be pitch darkness without the Guru. ||2|| (SGGSJ, Ang 463)

this is refering to the guru in the human form and no its not refearing to the shabad in the form of guru becausethe next guru guru ram das ji wouldent have been given the guru gadhi it would have been the shabad e.g bani of guru

baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee anmrith saarae

gur baanee kehai saevak jan maanai parathakh guroo nisathaarae ||5||

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him. ||5||

when u quote this say the full line and read PRTAKH GURU the guru in person is the 1 who can guide u to sach khand.

fateh

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you be happy if the 'dera sucha sauda baba' was doing katha BUT didnt say anything anti-sikh? The answer is simple - no one would be happy with that.

the danger is ppl are going to see naamdharis on tv and think its the norm and ok....this is proven by the earlier posts....

There is 1 Satguru for all.

If your guru is the true guru, then he must be merged with akal purakh, as only satguru can lead us to sach khand.

fateh harjet singh as i made clear in my previous post ofcourse namdharis and i believe the tuk to be valid. it is gurus bani. i know what you are getting at so i will explain.

Without the True Guru, there is no Guru at all; one who is without a Guru has a bad reputation. ||13|| (SGGSJ, Ang 435)

If a hundred moons were to rise, and a thousand suns appeared, even with such light, there would still be pitch darkness without the Guru. ||2|| (SGGSJ, Ang 463)

this is refering to the guru in the human form and no its not refearing to the shabad in the form of guru becausethe next guru guru ram das ji wouldent have been given the guru gadhi it would have been the shabad e.g bani of guru

baanee guroo guroo hai baanee vich baanee anmrith saarae

gur baanee kehai saevak jan maanai parathakh guroo nisathaarae ||5||

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him. ||5||

when u quote this say the full line and read PRTAKH GURU the guru in person is the 1 who can guide u to sach khand.

fateh

If your Guru is the true Guru, Then he must be merged with waheguru right? But then that would mean your guru is perfect? But if you guru is perfect then why has he got so many wrinkles?

Don't want to offend you or anything, i know he is old. But still He should be perfect. Guru Amar Das ji was very old to, he didn't have many wrinkles on him infact he had none, and im not just saying that from paintings. And your guru has a hunched back, that is a sign of weakness. That is not perfection. God is perfect no less. I only accept perfection as my Guru.

I am childish, but atleast Satguru ji is perfect.

I must say, what a joke this thread is!

Has anyone hear ever read Bhagat Farid Ji's Saloks. I suggest everyone reads the last ten saloks and reflects on the message being taught there.

This discussion board seems to be nothing but a nindiya, chuglee section. If the Namdhari SIngh said something wrong or offensive that an objection should be raised but from what i heard there was nothing insesitve stated but the reaction on this board is nothing but fascist!!!

IIf the Namdhari SIngh said something wrong or offensive that an objection should be raised but from what i heard there was nothing insesitve stated but the reaction on this board is nothing but fascist!!!

Actions speak louder than words, they don't have to say anything to offend. I know i have been harsh but i sincerly beleive Guru Gobind Singh ji passed Guruship over To SGGS. If anyone says anything otherwise fine by me, but don't you dare preach to a sikh. That is when there is problem. They may not have directly said anything wrong. But indirectly they have a load of negative connotations. That to me is slander to the real guru. How can you let a slanderer of the Guru preach to Sikh's of the guru. The namdharis wouldnt like it if a Sikh preached to them. And they aren't liking it.

harjeet singh does your question even deserve to be answered. i strongly suest you think before you post such comments. yes the guru is perfect in everyway as e is merged with akaalpurakh itself. serously what a stupid commentto say "But if you guru is perfect then why has he got so many wrinkles?". in that case would you say that guru harkrishan sahib ji was not a gurur because he had smallpocs. would you say that guru tegh bhadur sahib ji was not a guru because he ;eft the world by letting his head seperate from his body. the guru is beyond materialastc things not to say that this body is a materialistic object as well. if you have noticed our gurus have come in the human form therefore areplaying by the rules of nature e.g aging they do not stay yound=g forever or do not let their kes turn white. however never underestimate the guru as in certain circumstances they will defy the logics of science or whatever u want to call it such as guru arjun dev ji clearly showed.

fateh

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa. Vaheguru jee kee Fateh.

We are aware of the issues and Sikh Channel panel decided to give the speaker a chance.

We had conditions which he adhered to. If anyone wants more information, they can send us a PM on this forum and we can provide you with more information.

His parchaar, his speech was actually quite good and having personally sat there and listened to it all, i learnt a lot from it myself.

To summarise a few points, the speaker was willing to say the Guru's fateh (beginning and end) and we vetted his entire speech before he went on - the producers were sitting with their fingers on the cut button ready to cut in case anything wrong was said at all. He even changed his appearance there and then for us.

He is on youtube :

Part 1 :

Part 2 :

If anyone can find him doing parchaar which is pro-naamdhari or anti-Sikhi, then please let us know.

If not, lets look beyond the looks and take away something positive from the parchaar.

There are a lot of friction between organisations and individuals in the panth. Its our policy to give people chances. Yes, there are certain groups which are blatently ex communicated from the panth and as such, we do not allow them on despite them attempting to get on air.

Forgive our mistakes and please continue to keep helping us. We do value your input and all suggestions and comments in this thread and others are taken on board.

http://www.panthic.org/news/131/ARTICLE/3090/2007-02-07.html

Sri Akal Thakt Sahib has banned Kukeh from performing at Gurdwareh / Panthic stages the same should be for the Sikh Channel,they insult Guru Maharaj by claiming Jagjit is Guru,while making lies that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji hid for 200 yrs,devi worship, worship of fire havan dehdhari guru burning angs of bani and so on

http://www.beantpatshah.info/

Just look at the crap that goes on in the videos on this site this is pure anti gurmat and a challenge to Gurgaddi of Maharaj

We are aware of the issues and Sikh Channel panel decided to give the speaker a chance.

We had conditions which he adhered to. If anyone wants more information, they can send us a PM on this forum and we can provide you with more information.

His parchaar, his speech was actually quite good and having personally sat there and listened to it all, i learnt a lot from it myself.

To summarise a few points, the speaker was willing to say the Guru's fateh (beginning and end) and we vetted his entire speech before he went on - the producers were sitting with their fingers on the cut button ready to cut in case anything wrong was said at all. He even changed his appearance there and then for us.

He is on youtube :

Part 1 :

Part 2 :

If anyone can find him doing parchaar which is pro-naamdhari or anti-Sikhi, then please let us know.

If not, lets look beyond the looks and take away something positive from the parchaar.

There are a lot of friction between organisations and individuals in the panth. Its our policy to give people chances. Yes, there are certain groups which are blatently ex communicated from the panth and as such, we do not allow them on despite them attempting to get on air.

Forgive our mistakes and please continue to keep helping us. We do value your input and all suggestions and comments in this thread and others are taken on board.

To the Management of The Sikh Channel,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Many thanks for responding and also the detailed PM you sent me.

With Guru Ji's kripa the management are doing a great sewa and the TV channel is having a massive impact in our household, there's no questioning that. Now, with this great bakshish comes a massive element of responsiblity, which I know you are fully aware of.

The Sikh Channel is a massive platform for Sikhs and a medium which is sill very new to us. Potential audience ratings are large and messages can be spread quicker and with more personal depth as the TV is a big part of peoples daily life. It's almost like having a Gurdwara diwan in your living room and for some people this may be the most influential exposure to Sikhi they get.

Although we already have a number of Sikh celebraties (via T-Series recordings etc), the channel has huge potential of building the profile of anyone who manages to get a slot on the channel. Basically the Sikh Channel can incorrectly authenticate a parcharak's credability and raise their profile within the Panth. There's also no doubt that parcharaks and keertanis will try to get a slot on the channel in order to promote themselves.

It is easy to vet someone's parchar on the TV, however, one-on-one the person has full freedom to openly talk about their beliefs. The danger of allowing a naamdhari on your stage is that you are building his profile within the audience (the sangat) and almost authenticating anything they may say afterwards in a disscussion within another environment.

Please think extremely carefully before giving the blessed Sikh platform to anyone, regardless of what they commit to on that specific day.

Thank You once again for your great sewa.

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!