Sikh Revenges Hindu Priest's "secret Wedding"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, is this what we should do everytime someone marries out of the quom? I understand the guys anger but the real besti here is that the community hasn't been able to create an environment where Sikhs grow up aware and invested into their heritage.

This failure guarantees more incidents like this.

Anyone applauding this behaviour is warped, just as warped as all the parties in this unfortunate incident. You talk about dastars being in mittee?! Your condoning of this type of rubbish leaves ALL of our dastars in mittee, but I shouldn't be shocked, fundamental zealots with a warped sense of thinking come to religion like a moth to a flame, happens in every faith, and obviously there are more than a few nutcases in Guru Ji's saroop on this forum.

Why in the world would you encourage others to kill innocent people. Blame the girl that ran off with the Hindu man. The preist or the witness were not at fault here. Teach discipline to our sister's first and then if they still run off with some hindu or whoever, there is really nothing you can do about it. The more we fight with our sisters the more they will run away.

Give them the right to voice their opinions and then reason with them using Sikhi's teachings. Don't have double standards for guys and girls where the guy is allowed to go out and the girl isn't. Trust me this fills some girls with rage and they lash out by going out with a non-Sikh or messing around with guys. Alot of these problems stem from treating women unfairly and expecting them to just listen to Punjabi cultural practices that make no sense at all.

The guy did good in my book only thing he did was not to have planned it properly hence the reason for his arrest. The Hindu priest clearly knew that it was a secret wedding and that the girls' family would not approve. The same is the case with the Muslim witness. Whatever the outcome of the trial what do you think that priest will do when he is approached again to perform a secret wedding? Chances are that if he has any sense he will refuse and the same for the Muslim women who nearly became a kebab!

you make me sick proactive!

the guy did good, people like you cause hate in the sikh community!

We should applaud these youngsters for trying to uphold the Izzat of their family.

Well Done, I say!

The acts they committed may be classed as criminal however at least they did not sit by and watch their Father's Dastaar role around in Mittee.

If this was the case with most brothers in our community we would be much better off.

The law and the media has termed this Sikh Honour Killing attempts etc, however maybe the law should look at the real culprits of Honour killings...the people who killed Princess Diana???

If a white person had done this, it would merely be classed as a revenge attack or jealousy.

However as soon as a Sikh does it, it classified as honour killing etc.

The law of England has no honour, they will never understand our principle of "Thee, Bhen Di Izzat" this is why people like Sant Jarnail Singh Ji, in the eyes of the western world, will always be classed as Terrorist.

you need mental help!

''Well Done, I say!''

The Izzat 'honour' was lost when the family decided not to educate the girl with sikh values and principles, and not educated in sikh history like most of the girls and boys in the community.

we dont know that, they may have tried their best. she may have been religous but love drives some people crazy. as for the guy in question, someone i know did something similar and never got caught. its only a crime if you get caught lol!

The guy was right in what he did for too long we have turned a blind eye to our girls running off with Hindus,while we have a problem with Islamics taking our girls,our community seems to think it is okay for a Sikh girl to marry a Hindu,if the boy is a Christian of Muslim all hell breaks loose.

Im glad Sikh brothers have woken up to the issue of Hindus marrying Sikh girls hindus marry Sikh girls more than any other faith - THATS FACT

This has become a more and more common problem in the UK now.

SIkhs are meant to respect their mother and father and family.

They are meant to do things in line with their parents wishes.

Clearly the parents of this sikh family Strongly disagreed with what had happened. They felt they had been wrong and their honour taken away.

THe way to deal with an honour issue like this is by taking firm action , regardless of whether or not the girl went willingly or not, thats besides the point.

The people in the firing line were obviously going to be those who assisted in this act against the rooprai family. So it would make perfect sense for the Hindu priest / Pundit to get done over by whoever is able to do so from the rooprai family.

There is no cowardice in that.

Its simple revenge against the priest who conducted this secret wedding which smeared and dishonoured their family name.

As for the muslim dude who was witness at the wedding...

His house got attacked for daring to bear witness.

I bet he was all toooo happy to see a sikh girl marrying out of sikhi. So i dont see nothing wrong with him being a target. Its collatoral damage.

SO many people complain nowadays that sikhs have become WEAK.

well are we suprised???? Because everytime we get young sikhs taking things into their own hands we start complaining or condenming them. we need to start praising them, to let people know that sikhs are not no pushover, or hindus will continue poaching sikh girls.

Sandip Singh Rooprai's actions are admirable. Infact i have great sympathy for this sikh lad who unfortunately got caught. I can speak from experience because I know some close to me that went to prison over the exact same thing.

Our people are too busy giving siropas to politicians like verinder Sharma, who apprently gave ladoo out when the golden temple was attacked. How bout we start backing SIkh youths who do something for their family honour.

I respect A man who takes action in a situation like this, as opposed to just sitting around and being inactive over it.

Sandip Singh Rooprai should have a SIROPA given to him when he gets out of prison as far as im concerned. get the SIROPA ready. THere i said it..

i'm only condmening him because he got caught. if you want to do these things, use your bloody brain. at least the article gave the main things that will be used against him, so take note. plenty of people do it and get away with it.

Like I said I understand, I know in East Lodon, Pakistanis went through a mad phase in the late 80s early 90s to proper slap down their women who did such things and very quickly the message got across. But our lot are different.