Sikh Revenges Hindu Priest's "secret Wedding"

whoever agrees with what he did are complete idiots. how exactly can you defend this. if a muslim had done the same thing you all would be going "what a horrible act, there kaum is like that"....but since its a sikh its alright <_< . the girl is 22, she has the right to marry whoever she wants....hindu, muslim, christian or sikh, it dont matter. if to some people the concept of letting a adult do what they wish is too hard to understand then they can go back to there caves and live there.

smh @ pindu thinking by our people.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously there are more than a few nutcases in Guru Ji's saroop on this forum.

a lot of nutcases in the panth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoever agrees with what he did are complete idiots. how exactly can you defend this. if a muslim had done the same thing you all would be going "what a horrible act, there kaum is like that"....but since its a sikh its alright <_< . the girl is 22, she has the right to marry whoever she wants....hindu, muslim, christian or sikh, it dont matter. if to some people the concept of letting a adult do what they wish is too hard to understand then they can go back to there caves and live there.

smh @ pindu thinking by our people.

exactly!

This is intended action of antisikh people to subvert the sikhi by intermixing of marriages or by exploiting the youngters .It is in the sikh community girls and boys marrying outside the community and make them them change their faith although I consisder marriage as persomal affiar, last year in Nagpur headquaters of RSS a sikh girl the docter came to local gurdwara to marry the hindu boy performing Bhangras but local singhs not only manhandled the president of gurdwara shaib but also bashed up some baratis and banned any such anti rehat actions in all gurdwaras in maharastra.In punjab sikh girls going around with biharis r quite common then such sikh girls end up in Darbhanga in bihar and from there these girls r sold to brothels of metros ,agra,lucknow. This is sad story of affairs in punjab no-one is bothered about it.

This has become a more and more common problem in the UK now.

SIkhs are meant to respect their mother and father and family.

They are meant to do things in line with their parents wishes.

Clearly the parents of this sikh family Strongly disagreed with what had happened. They felt they had been wrong and their honour taken away.

THe way to deal with an honour issue like this is by taking firm action , regardless of whether or not the girl went willingly or not, thats besides the point.

The people in the firing line were obviously going to be those who assisted in this act against the rooprai family. So it would make perfect sense for the Hindu priest / Pundit to get done over by whoever is able to do so from the rooprai family.

There is no cowardice in that.

Its simple revenge against the priest who conducted this secret wedding which smeared and dishonoured their family name.

As for the muslim dude who was witness at the wedding...

His house got attacked for daring to bear witness.

I bet he was all toooo happy to see a sikh girl marrying out of sikhi. So i dont see nothing wrong with him being a target. Its collatoral damage.

SO many people complain nowadays that sikhs have become WEAK.

well are we suprised???? Because everytime we get young sikhs taking things into their own hands we start complaining or condenming them. we need to start praising them, to let people know that sikhs are not no pushover, or hindus will continue poaching sikh girls.

Sandip Singh Rooprai's actions are admirable. Infact i have great sympathy for this sikh lad who unfortunately got caught. I can speak from experience because I know some close to me that went to prison over the exact same thing.

Our people are too busy giving siropas to politicians like verinder Sharma, who apprently gave ladoo out when the golden temple was attacked. How bout we start backing SIkh youths who do something for their family honour.

I respect A man who takes action in a situation like this, as opposed to just sitting around and being inactive over it.

Sandip Singh Rooprai should have a SIROPA given to him when he gets out of prison as far as im concerned. get the SIROPA ready. THere i said it..

In Punjab after bluestar a fanatic gave offered ladoo to a singh while distributing to others when singh asked that fanatic hindu reason for distribution of laddoos that narakdhari replied bhindrawale is dead and bharat mata has won, The singh took out his kirpan and chopped off the hand to which he was ditributing laddoos and both hand and laddoos dropped in the drain this happened in july 1984 in S.A.S NAGAR.Varinder sharma should remember it and also rember the faith of dancer protima bedi who gave big party to celebrate the bluestar and she got buied alive thouands of feets down in landslide while visiting a hindu shrine army officials watched helplessly while she was being going down the earth slowlyit happened in 1990 althogh I am not aware of the date.

this is pretty damn humilating and the brother is pretty damn stupid for going after

the priest, like i said if a girl has a good relationship with her family and the brother

and father are their to build her self esteem and she is educated on sikhism she would

of never married the guy in the first place, but for the priest to be attacked just makes them look like animals

Some Sikhs are becoming more and more like Muslim fanatics.

If an adult wants to marry someone that is her right - we live in a free society.

God help us if Khalistan ever comes into being it would be ruled by nutters if this forum is

anything to go by.

Why in the world would you encourage others to kill innocent people. Blame the girl that ran off with the Hindu man. The preist or the witness were not at fault here. Teach discipline to our sister's first and then if they still run off with some hindu or whoever, there is really nothing you can do about it. The more we fight with our sisters the more they will run away.

Give them the right to voice their opinions and then reason with them using Sikhi's teachings. Don't have double standards for guys and girls where the guy is allowed to go out and the girl isn't. Trust me this fills some girls with rage and they lash out by going out with a non-Sikh or messing around with guys. Alot of these problems stem from treating women unfairly and expecting them to just listen to Punjabi cultural practices that make no sense at all.

Well said above. Some of the comments are unbelievable! The reality has been and will continue to be that just because someone is kin, they will not necessarily share some significant values of their parents. It can be painful in many instances, but that is part of the complexity of human nature. Parents should of course do everything in their power to impart those values to their kids, but there will come a time when they let go, kids are adults and things take their course.

Those who have no tolerance for this reality and believe violence should follow are living in backward sexist casteist caves.

By some of our logic, those who joined the Khalsa hundreds of years ago would be seen as dishonoring their parents. In fact even today so many join the Khalsa against the wishes of their family, we do not see them as bringing dishonor to their families. Do we believe that their families should consider violence against them to restore honor?

How can you justify these kind of sick actions :6

no wonder that some of our Sikh girls have had enough of this nonsense

All this big tough guy talk whilst hiding in their boxroom afraid of the Black guy next door, of the Pakistanis down the street and the Polish in the High Street - even afraid of the 'freshies' who at least stick up for themselves- Their valour is only reserved for the Hindus the vast majority of whom dont even realise that they are supposed to be 'at war' with the Sikhs.

so the end result is a mini army of 'Samosa Singhs' fighting an internet jihad against the evil Hindus and talking smack about being warriors .Is is any wonder that so many Sikh girls are marrying Hindu guys?

How can you justify these kind of sick actions :6

no wonder that some of our Sikh girls have had enough of this nonsense

All this big tough guy talk whilst hiding in their boxroom afraid of the Black guy next door, of the Pakistanis down the street and the Polish in the High Street - even afraid of the 'freshies' who at least stick up for themselves- Their valour is only reserved for the Hindus the vast majority of whom dont even realise that they are supposed to be 'at war' with the Sikhs.

so the end result is a mini army of 'Samosa Singhs' fighting an internet jihad against the evil Hindus and talking smack about being warriors .Is is any wonder that so many Sikh girls are marrying Hindu guys?

Which nonsense are you talking about? I personally know many Singhs that ain't afraid of Kaleh, Polish or Pakis, so whats your point?

This question is to all people that are against this brother; would you have let your sister or any female of your family marry a Muslim? I bet all of you would be moaning. But now it is a Hindu, its all good. The Muslima wasn't only a witness but also made the girl take the decision of marrying the Hindu. (In other words she brainwashed her into doing that).

When there is this wordly love, even many 'Sikhs' educated about Sikhi get caught in Maya/wordly things and do bad things, so we can't keep blaming the parents at each and every step. It's hard to believe that the son is so worried about her families izzat and also that he doesn't want his sister to marry a non-Sikh, then how can the sister not be educated about Sikhi at all?

This brother didn't do it properly, and now he is a criminal. He should have planned it properly and undo any possible evidence (like the things they recovered on the PC, car etc).

Most of us that keep crying about girls of Sikh background running away with/marrying Pakistanis/Muslims but turn a blind eye when the person in question is a Hindu Indian (mostly Punjabi or Gujurati) or a Gora Christian. Why this double standards?

I ain't a fanatic, nor are my fellow brothers on this board (ProActive, Sarpanch, AK47 Jatha, HSD etc) who support this brother. I agree that he should be given a Siropa when released from jail.

But on a side note, what is UK Sangat doing to educate the youth? (Just curious, as I don't live in UK)

(This thread will be closed very soon)

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

In my opinion, very little is happening to educate the youth in UK now. By thisI mean reaching out to everyday people.

The average Sikh youth knows very little about his faith and heritage From what I understand about Canada, they have Panjabi lessons in school. This alone must have a major impact on Canadian Sikh youth. Most of the young Sikhs I meet now (3rd gen) can barely speak Panjabi. As a child of teh first gen here, we were compeled to speak Panjabi as our parents knew little English. Now I'm older and see what I do, I am so thankful for that.