Gang War

virk30

Bakshi's article is merely a sloppy journalistic attempt by a bhappa to score political points by blaming the canadian gang war problem on jatt culture. She reaches that conclusion for her white employers and largely white readers, but fails to mention how that same jatt culture in even larger communities such as the UK produces youngsters that are famous for being law abiding and having very low levels of crime.......much lower than the average.

Having spent alot of time in Canada, with half my family living there....and observing how the Toronto Sikh community have the same low levels of crime and drug abuse as UK Sikhs....I have seen with my own eyes how the Vancouver problem is simply about money. Money corrupts....and it can corrupt any group of people from any background. The fact is the Americans can't get enough of the locally grown cannabis of Vancouver called BC Bud and are prepared to pay top dollar for it. That makes the BC Bud industry worth more than the Columbian cocaine industry. I think the UN valued it at $8 Billion.

Trouble is, because most people imagine Canada to be a boring place with ice and polar bears and maybe a few eskimos....but no roads or towns, very few of us can understand the sheer amount of money that is involved with the drug trade there on the west coast. Once we do, the extreme levels of violence start to make sense.

jgill,

It's funny you still haven't figured out that oranges are not apples.

Renu attacks Sikh community when it is the punjabi community, which happens to follow punjabi culture.

Your ignorance is truely bliss man.

Go lay down and when your calm come back and write something that is reasonable.

lol so non of these ppl are sikhs, non of them so your one of those idiots who say's if your not gursikh your not sikh, or if you cut your hair your not sikh lol yet ppl like you expose your hypocracy and stupidity when you guys claim ranjit singh and kartar singh as sikhs

but according to your definition of sikhs then you should believe sikhs never had an empire only punjabis under ranjit singh did and that the most famous freedom fighters against the british like kartar singh and udham singh were punjabi not sikhs, thats what you should believe and tell others dumb as you to believe

but me i believe these guys were sikhs

but like i said its idiots like you and your thinking who run the gurdwaras and why more sikh youth are falling away from sikhi rather then towards sikhi, then you guys are dumb enough to think your getting khalistan at the rate your going at

More nonsense from a this guy. I told you man leave the anger out. Calling us names will not help your case, neither is your reasoning helping right now, but you seem to think so it is.

Define for us the difference between GurSikh and Sikh as you have done in your post. And then present Gurbani to back up these claims.

Also you keep saying our community. Define this for us aswell. Who are you refering to as 'our community'?

I hope your able to respond to these questions and bring up actual references for the first one. If not then the four or 5 pages of your post are just jargon and a rant.

Ranjit Singh this Ranjit that, why don't you go a learn the true history and then come back and give us a lecture on what kind of Sikh Ranjit was aswell as Kartar Singh and the rest you named.

FOr your own satisfication you are demeaning Gurbani, the True word. If you want to be a Sikh of your mind then go right ahead, but don't try to justify weak actions by saying Sikhi allows it or you are Sikh.

Open a new topic labeled Gursikh and Sikh if different in Gurbani and we can see what we come up with.

i have read history far better then you

tell me if ranjit singh kartar singh udham singh where sikhs, even though 2 of these men cut their hair and ranjit singh drank had many wives and ate meat

then tell me how you can call the family's and the children involved in these problems that the article points at as punjabis and not sikhs if you consider kartar singh udham singh ranjit singh to be sikhs??

cause right now im making you feel like a hypocrite, but answer these questions since i asked you earlier the same questions if you consider these men sikhs and if so how you can call anyone else a non sikh and rather a punjabi for cutting their hair or drinking or eating meat or whatever

cause if you can call ranjit singh udham singh kartar singh sikhs then your a dumb hypocrite for saying someone else isn't as sikh cause they drink or cut their hair

but yes are these men sikhs?

What don't you get it's not about you or me or another person. This is about SIkhi, Guru Sahib and how Shabad Guru defines a Sikh. I can't put it any other way and in such plain and simple english.

Again not about you or me. Get that straight and then answer the question. Tell us where in Gurbani SIkh and Gursikh are differentiated. Because in your post you differentiate them and this is completely writing against Sikhi. If you consider yourself a Sikh then you would consult Guru Sahib before making such of a statement and going against Gurbani. As this is an insult to Gurbani and distorting it. Remember what happened to one of Guru Sahib son for changing the mean of Gurbani for a Muslim.

If you are a Sikh of the Guru then you would stop this nonsense and have the integrity to act like one.

im going to answer your question in the other thread

but answer my question

why do you call kartar singh udham singh ranjit singh sikhs, when you said anyone who drinks cuts their hair or so on isn't a sikh yet these guys did those things yet you call them sikhs

do you see why ppl are begining to physicaly and verbally attack ppl like you at the gurdwaras and at family events and in personal life

but you my friend are just as bad as anyone who drinks since its ppl like you driving ppl away from sikhism

but actually ill give you a chance to defend yourself so tell me you call kartar singh udham singh ranjit singh sikhs, why do you call them sikhs, and anyone else who cuts their hair or drinks non sikhs

but i doubt you will

Having spent alot of time in Canada, with half my family living there....and observing how the Toronto Sikh community have the same low levels of crime and drug abuse as UK Sikhs....I have seen with my own eyes how the Vancouver problem is simply about money. Money corrupts....and it can corrupt any group of people from any background. The fact is the Americans can't get enough of the locally grown cannabis of Vancouver called BC Bud and are prepared to pay top dollar for it. That makes the BC Bud industry worth more than the Columbian cocaine industry. I think the UN valued it at $8 Billion.

Trouble is, because most people imagine Canada to be a boring place with ice and polar bears and maybe a few eskimos....but no roads or towns, very few of us can understand the sheer amount of money that is involved with the drug trade there on the west coast. Once we do, the extreme levels of violence start to make sense.

You are absolutley correct, there is a big drug culture in Lower BC and it is a massive industry, apparently it is one of best places grow Marijuana, I have heard that Snoop Dog has a place in Vancouver. Even though the Vancouver area is more spectacularly beautiful than say Toronto, from my observations that there is far less job opportunities in Vancouver compared to Toronto or Calgary and the drugs business is one of most lucrative ways to make money.

Have you ever past through the Hastings area in Vancouver, you can see a lot of Junkies there.