Watch Out Nindaks

Mehtab Singh

UKGuptKaur,

If you say "Because Guru Granth Sahib Ji says to believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji", that's a non sequitur.

". Resting Guru-ship in the Guru Granth-Guru Panth

This Bir was then taken to Sri Hazoor Sahib, NandeR, in 1708 by Guru Gobind Singh jee. On 20th October, a day before Guru Gobind Singh jee physically passed away, he asked Bhai Daya Singh jee to bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee and do Parkaash (ceremonial opening). Guru jee placed a cocunut and 5 coins in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee and bowed his head before the Shabad Guru and announced that from now on the eternal Guru will be Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Guru jee told the Sangat: “With the directive of the Almighty, initiated is the Panth. All the Sikhs are decreed to acknowledge Granth as Guru. Believing in Khalsa, epitomises the Guru as corporeal. Sikhs desirous to achieve me, (may) search in them.”"

???

BTW when you go to Gurdwara, do you metha thek to Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee or Bachittar Natak?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

expose ? expose for posting Gurbani - you know the one Guruship was given to by Guru jee.!

By the same logic i ask you

Where it written that gurgaddi was given to Guru Granth sahib?

Someone does not agree with you and you label them kala afghana?

It is kala afghana who devised this theory you are forwarding here. i am stating truth only.

If you do not believe any other thing of sikhi except SGGS, from where did you get title kaur?

UKGuptKaur,

If you say "Because Guru Granth Sahib Ji says to believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji", that's a non sequitur.

This Bir was then taken to Sri Hazoor Sahib, NandeR, in 1708 by Guru Gobind Singh jee. On 20th October, a day before Guru Gobind Singh jee physically passed away, he asked Bhai Daya Singh jee to bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee and do Parkaash (ceremonial opening). Guru jee placed a cocunut and 5 coins in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee and bowed his head before the Shabad Guru and announced that from now on the eternal Guru will be Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Guru jee told the Sangat: "With the directive of the Almighty, initiated is the Panth. All the Sikhs are decreed to acknowledge Granth as Guru. Believing in Khalsa, epitomises the Guru as corporeal. Sikhs desirous to achieve me, (may) search in them.""

???

BTW when you go to Gurdwara, do you metha thek to Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee or Bachittar Natak?

Show us the link where it is written.

Of course we consider Guru granth sahib as our Guru. Dasam Granth is not in parkash in most of Gurudwaras and then from where question of matha tekna came.

THis is art of propaganda wherein poster brings irrelevant questions.

No one is disputing the primal Granth of the Sikhs-Guru Granth Sahib.

However during the times of Guru Gobind Singh there was several manuscript copies of the Sri Dasam Granth.

These were taken to the Takhts hence why one of the oldest manuscript copy's of the Sri Dasam Granth is at Sri Patna Sahib.

There are handwritten copies of Sri Dasam Granth at Takht Hazur Sahib.

Historical sources tell us that when Sri Guru Gobind Singh went to the Decan they stopped and recited Dasam Bani so

that means Sri Dasam Granth was taken to Takht Hazur Sahib.

Last year at the 300th year Guru Granth Sahib Celebrations at Hazur Sahib it was about unity of the Sikh scriptures.

See the following link:

http://www.sikhnet.c...nds-hazur-sahib

That is why we have Nitnem, that is why we have Khanda De Pahul which combines banis from both Granths.

Special bonus DIG at the Ragi Darshan Singh

There are many manuccript copies of the Sri Dasam Granth at the Toshkhana at the Durbar Sahib yet Ragi when Jathedar

must have know this but he chooses to igonore this evidence.................roll on Dec 5th.

Mike singh ji

It is no more question of proving authenticity of Dasam granth sahib.

These gurnindaks are disowning our four Gurus especially Guru gobind singh ji.

They are disowning Sikh rehat maryda.They are disowning amrit sanchar.

They are disowning sikh rehat.All they need to do is surrender their kakkars if they have any.

take hair cut and form a separate sect.

Logic do not work with them.

I am posting part of an article from a blogpage http://manvirsingh.b...i-diwas-of.html :-

Quote "October 20th marks the Gurgaddi diwas of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee, when the Tenth Nanak, Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaaj rested Guru-ship in the eternal Guru of the Sikhs, Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Saariaa nu Gurpurb di Vaadhaayee Hove!.

.. Resting Guru-ship in the Guru Granth-Guru Panth

This Bir was then taken to Sri Hazoor Sahib, NandeR, in 1708 by Guru Gobind Singh jee. On 20th October, a day before Guru Gobind Singh jee physically passed away, he asked Bhai Daya Singh jee to bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee and do Parkaash (ceremonial opening). Guru jee placed a cocunut and 5 coins in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee and bowed his head before the Shabad Guru and announced that from now on the eternal Guru will be Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Guru jee told the Sangat: "With the directive of the Almighty, initiated is the Panth. All the Sikhs are decreed to acknowledge Granth as Guru. Believing in Khalsa, epitomises the Guru as corporeal. Sikhs desirous to achieve me, (may) search in them."

Read the above again Inder and tell me who is the real pervert and the real nindhak.

"ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਚੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਲਧੀ ਭਾਲਿ ॥ : Vaahu vaahu baanee sach hai guramukh ladhhee bhaal ||: Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani of the True Word. Searching, those who have become Gurmukhs have found it (sggs 514)."

This True word is Gurbani and can only be found in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

Quote "The terms Shabad, Naam and Bani (pronounced Baanee) are essentially synonymous and refer to the Divine Essence Divine Word, Divine Name or Mantra. As indicated in the Gurbani (Sri Guru Granth Sahib, SGGS), the Transcendental Spirit perpetually expresses through the Shabad (Naam or Bani). Therefore, the Shabad is God and God is the Shabad. The Guru and God are also indicated to be one and the same. Hence, the Shabad is the Guru and the Guru is the Shabad."

This definition of "Guru bani/Gurbani" will not be found in Charittro Pakhyan and Hakayats.

Nor would I metha thek to them.

UK guptkaur

SGGS was given gurgaddi in 1708.

What sikhs were doing when it was Not compiled yet?

quote "During the "Sidh Gosati" (sggs 938), the Sidhas posed many questions to Baabaa Nanak. Three of these inquiries were: "Who is your Guru? How do you become a disciple? Where does this Shabad reside?" Baabaa Nanak responded as follows:

• ਸਬਦੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਧੁਨਿ ਚੇਲਾ ॥: Shabad Guru surti dhun chelaa ||: The Shabad is my Guru. By focusing consciousness on this Shabad, I become a disciple (sggs 943)."

That link is written by a person who is living now. I am asking for a historical refrence.

In other words quote contemporary books of that time when Guru ji passed away.

When you quote sidh gosht here then your logic quoting of SGGS fails completely.

Can you let us know what do you understand by shabad guru?

UKGuptKaur,

This Bir was then taken to Sri Hazoor Sahib, NandeR, in 1708 by Guru Gobind Singh jee.

I asked you why you believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and you quoted Manvir Singh's blog post again.

So, why do you believe what Manvir Singh says? Is he a Guru? (No disrespect to Manvir Singh.)

Second, I guess this confirms that you don't believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji because Guru Granth Sahib Ji says to believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Rather you need something external to Guru Granth Sahib Ji to validate Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Yet, anything external to Guru Granth Sahib Ji is automatically "kacchi bani". So you're caught in a paradox of your own making.

I think you may believe that Manvir Singh's blog post proves Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Gurgaddi to Guru Granth Sahib Ji, but your own epistemological stance rules out that possibility. Epistemology is the theory of knowledge. I.e., how do we know what we know? What do we accept as valid? Your stance is that everything outside of Guru Granth Sahib Ji is invalid (kacchi bani). So, by definition, even Guru Gobind Singh Ji saying to accept Guru Granth Sahib is also invalid. The Singhs at Hazur Sahib coming to Punjab and telling Sikhs that GurGaddi has been given to Guru Granth Sahib is also invalid and their words are kacchi bani.

By the way, it's OK to for Inder Singh to believe that Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Gurgaddi to Guru Granth Sahib because he doesn't deny our faith community's oral history.

Finally, I find it interesting that you want to accept Guru Gobind Singh Ji's words given at Hazur Sahib. I would imagine that you would want these words to be preached in every Gurdwara in the world. And, maybe you would want these words to be written down somewhere so Sikhs won't forget what their 10th Guru said. So, why are you so against the words uttered by Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Poanta Sahib and Anandpur Sahib being written and recited?

UKGuptKaur,

This Bir was then taken to Sri Hazoor Sahib, NandeR, in 1708 by Guru Gobind Singh jee.

I asked you why you believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and you quoted Manvir Singh's blog post again.

So, why do you believe what Manvir Singh says? Is he a Guru? (No disrespect to Manvir Singh.)

Because he writes well and saves me from typing.