ALCOHOL being served in GURUDWARA

Mkhalsa

nirankari are not sikhs, so they can drink and do what they like.

But if they start to disrespect Bani then thats some thing else.

Forget the Nirankaris & Namdharis for the moment.

There is a BIG need to focus on the beadbi that takes place in todays Sikh Gurdwara's. The following could be starting points:

1) Gurdwara committees that allow Guruji's Saroop to be taken into bars, banqueting halls or anywhere alcohol and meat are served.

2) Gurdwara's which allow meat and alcohol to be served

3) Gurdwara committees who open halls affiliated to the Gurdwara where alcohol & meat are allowed to be served

If you know of anyone who is doing the above beadbi of our Guruji then you MUST post the details on the forum or even PM me.

We need to start tackling this as a SERIOUS PROBLEM . The generation above us have just made mess of things and allowed this to happen for too long, it's up to our generation to put a stop to this!!!!!!!

It's up to us to make a difference.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I wouldn't know casue i'm from Coventry

But what we must understand is that the size of this probelm is huge and very deep rooted becasue there are many Gurudwara in Uk that have wedding halls attatched to them e.g the new million pound Gurudwara in Leamington was a party hall as part of the gurudwara complex, theres one in Leeds where on the night of a rehansbhai they had a wedding party going on, with sharabee people walking around on the Gurudwara complex. The Gurudwara are run as a business so for them this is a money spinner. We have serious issues that the youth are waking up to know.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

^_^

agree, the sikhi in the youth generation is sachi so we should stand as one and sort out these Jabronies running these halls :wub: )

we know that gurdwarae have followed the demand for greater halls in the past and now there is a growing demand among sehajdhari community for halls to be nearer to gurdwarae and to be lenient on this issue. But it is up to the committees to remain firm

Tarunjeet singh ji,

Are the Coventry Jatha aware that the Ramgharia Community Hall, just a few doors down from the Ramgharia Gurdwara Sahib on Foleshill Road allow alcohol & meat to be served. The tables and chairs are even stored in the Gurdwara Sahib complex itself. The kitchen utensils are sometimes shared between the Hall and the Gurdwara Sahib and can also be hired out for use for parties etc.

sangat ji, i dont wanna elaborate where this gurdwara is, but yes an alcoholic beverage is always available at this gurudwara.
you want sangat to do something on this issue, yet you have not given any details at all on where it is. the name MUST be given. and if they have their bisti done, they should never have drank in the first place.
Personally, I'm very against this and always give nice mean looks at them when they are sitting there drinkin. and then they leave their paper cups and mess all there for someone else to clean up  . my dad spoke to the secretary guy but committe pplz seem to have no power to stop this as they themselves also indulge in this fun activity.

a traditional comitee fight should be launched, but not attacking each other over power, but attacking the drinker for this act, for guru maharaj.

i don't understand why the bhai ji's don't say nothing to them, they ought to explain that it is anti gurmat....i guess they dont wanna lose thier jobs

they put their own jobs before guru maharaj? shameful.
i haven't emailed sgpc wale as i doubt they will respond, they never did when i emailed about a different subject last year. 

you tried emailing or phoning the jathedar of the akal takhat giani joginder singh vedanti, now he'll get the main priests and contact the gurdwara.

IF YOU KNOW THE GURUDWARA I'M TALKING ABOUT PLZ DON'T POST THE NAME OF IT! At this time I don't wanna bring disgrace to myself and my pplz, even though they not really my pplz 
why would you bring disgrace upon yourself, if it was disgracful, guru ji would not be happy. guru ji is unhappy right now, people drinking, a shameful act. yet no-one can say anything at all against these people. you think guru ji is happy your not taking a stand? those who do not preserve the honour of guru maharaj are just idiots and wil depart from this life as loosers. L.gif
so sangat ji, what is the solution to this disgrace happening within gurudwara property? how to make committe members stand against this activity even th

ough they take part in it as well? how to convince them to make sangat stop serving alcohol for their program?

you get two solutions....

a. lead an angry mob calling for the comitee wale to resign if they dont do anything.

b. be peaceful, talk on why they are serving alcohol.

and if all means fail...

c. get a group of singhs and attack the alcohol wale.