ALCOHOL being served in GURUDWARA

Mkhalsa

Phone : (916) 689 1153

Is this confirmed by Satpreet?? Can any other Sikhs also confirm Satpreetji's allegations?? (not that we are questioning your integrity)

If this is the Gurdwara, we need to start the campaign. Some suggestions below, what does the sangat think?

1) Start by bombarding them with phone calls, letters etc? This way the Global sangat can get involved too

2) A Jatha of local Singhs/Singhnees arrange a meeting with the committee? Firstly, observe and discuss the allegation of anti-gurmat practices taking place in the Gurdwara Sahib. Get an outcome from the committee. Ensure they make efforts to change the bad practices or present themselves to the Akal Takht.

3) Release a press release/advertisment in your local punjabi/sikh newspapers magazines outlining what goes on at this Gurdwara. Name & shame, it's the best way.

4) Film what goes on so that you have proof.

Any other ideas??

Guest mehtab

Tried to call but no one picks up. I have emailed and PMed a number of of Cali Singhs/Singhnees. Just waiting for their response. Remember its just 9 AM now so its gonna be a few hours before something happens. Also like Gursa veerjee said, we need proof like pics or videos to back up what we say.

ok khalsa jio

I still have no response from some cali singhs who were contacted, but oh well the word is out and I can't hold back anymore.

I feel I must clarify one thing about the "alcohol." It is not actually officially alcohol. It is not bought in the store in a bottle with a label on it like Black Label or Royal Crown.

Actually it is some kind of herb stuff. It comes in some indian stores, I don't know if it comes in american stores. I think it is called Kava. In punjabi or hindi they call it "nihgona." It is some kind of powder substance or clumps of it which are then mixed in water in a big dish. I don't know how it smells or tastes, I don't go near that stuff. It is probably not as powerful as real liquor but if you keep drinking you will eventually be drunk.

I have seen and heard personally that when group of guys were walking to parking lot after drinking one man asks the other man if he's gonna drive. The other man says no I don't drive after I drink nihgona.

Men who do kirtan during the program are sitting there drinking nihgona in either of two places. One is area between langar hall and gurdwara. Other place is on the other side of the langar hall where no one will see them unless person goes there especially to see them. Only men drink this stuff, not women or children.

Whether it is really alcohol or not, it doesn't matter. It is a NASHA that they are doing. Doing nasha is not allowed at all in gurdwara property area.

aight, if I get more on this substance I will post.

thanx for responses everyone ^_^