this forum is great

W!N and SikhSangat.com was created by the glance of Akaaal purkh vaheguroo, and guru sahib gave it power through gurbani/simran, and his continuous presence. He chose the khalsa fauj as his sevadaars, and as always did an amazing job. :TH: Thanks Vaheguroo ji!!!!!!!!!!! :nihungsmile: grin.gif :wub: )

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well it was actually just plane *luck* (or Kirpa) that i bumped into Sikhsangat.com. I had been to Vicky Singh's site Sikhpride.com and once i was there visiting, i saw a link to the discussion forum...and i was amazed to see how full the forum was...and how friendly the users. so i joined it.....it had a very good "flip-fade" funcion each time we loaded a page. really cool affect. but it got crashed, something happened to the place the old forum was hosted at. and for a while (perhaps some weeks or a month?) it was down.... blush.gif

before visiting Sikhsangat....i had only ONCE been to Waheguroo.com. I was like searching for Keertan...and bumped into Keertan.net and after that Waheguroo.com. it was at my school computer. it was about march 2003 or later...i donno. it was cold here...and snowing. man...i was just :| cause first time i saw it...it was like Yahoo! website...and after that i looked properly...and it said: Waheguroo!Network...i was like wow....a Sikh yahoo..or something...hehe.

so i visited saintsoldiers...listened to Jago! and some speechan. :D

also waheguroo!network had just started before that time....they were offering free hosting

to any Sikhi sites...

once the Sikhsangat.com forum crashed, i believe both of them contacted eachother...and agreed upon sharing space...and hosting under the same banner. so Sikhsangat.com joined Waheguroo!Network and W!N had a forum...where members related to the different sites linked to it, could chat. in other words, Sikhsangat.com was bound to be a succes. :wub:

at first i thought the previous forum affect (with the flip/fade function) was better...but whatever....this forum is perfect. and i have been here over a year.

i can just say one thing.....life has never been the same again. :TH:

The inspiration behind waheguroo! Network was a site that was run by a few sevadars when they were about 13/14. (which waheguroo.net/.org has wrongfully now stolen the layout of, after telling us years ago they would host us)

Thats where the waheguroo! search engine was first created, wasnt very good, just as today, it isnt very good, we are seeking programmers to redo it, unfortunately, nobody wants to take the seva up.

A few years after the original site (kirtan.com) had gone, we decided we need something for gursikhs online. a one stop shop, with everything from sakhis, to recipes to search engine, to even shopping, of course we have taken a bit of a different turn but we do want to go back to this mission soon.

A council or board was created to put this all together. Unfortunately this board had other interests and left. So the original sevadars just waited a few years and ended up creating a new board that has people from different panthic groups and views. This new council is what created the current waheguroo! network.

Since we started, we have been working day in day out to program new stuff, add new content. We are constantly seeking new sevadars and people who can help expand.

We are constantly going towards our mission. The addition of sites like sikhsangat and saintsoldiers really helped the network to have a place. When we started we did about 25 gb of traffic a month. Currently, we are doing over 300 gb a month. We have thousands and thousands of unique visitors and sangat support has been phenomenal. Thank you all for your seva and dedication to this project.

Its all guru sahibs kirpa.

Regarding p

osters, if anyone wants to design an 8.5" x 11" graphic we can use for advertisement, please do so by next week. We can start a good advertising campaign.

This forum is great :TH: . I only joined a few weeks ago and am now posting more on here than I used to on other forums.

The moderation level is great and does not stifle free speach as on other forums.

Every person I have debated with is great. They do not get personal just because I have a different set of thoughts to them.

hehe thats cause the moderators got rid of people who did personal attacks. we used to have so many fights (check out the closed thread topics) but fortunately we have a better atmosphere now.

I think some more debate would be nice, but only if absolutely necessary.