A Buddhist Can Immolate Himself Peacefully To Protest Oppression ... Is This A Proof Of Their Kamaai

It's okay to disagree, there's nothing wrong with that imo. The Buddhists had warrior spirit and did a very brave thing even though it wasn't Gurmat. That doesn't matter to me, I will respect their spirit to lay down their lives.

The whole world knows of their sacrifice and they won't be forgotten. Just because something isn't Gurmat, it doesn't make it bad. It just doesn't make the individual a Sikh.

Agree with a little bit of everyones views here. It could maybe called suicide. But it was still a brave act for him and according to the time. agree with singh559 too. the original question was about their kamaee, there must have been a high level of kamaee or mind control of some sort to withstand this. I read the other thread about this too, and agree with that pesron who said, in sikhi there is the ability to have varyig views but some similarity in all of them. i personally respect this individual however.

Its against gurmat to commit suicide, its not against gurmat to die for righteousness.

In his panth he done the right thing, he was a well respected baba, would guru arjun dev ji give him a smack, no he wouldnt but i bet guru ji would respect him for trying.

I bet most of the heros on this website that talk 1984, khalistan and by the sword would run a mile when faced with a difficult situation.

This man did not commit suicide. He died because he thought this was the best way to deal with a problem his community faced. This was a sacrifice not a selfish act.

I am sure people will find baba bir singh naurangabad shaheedi(self sacrifice) not gurmat as well..he knew dogra's were coming, he instead fed them langar and attained shaheedi doing so.

Then our vary guru sahiban- Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Shaheedi on tati tavi not gurmat /sri guru tegh bahudar ji(god forbid in no way i m comparing beloved maharaj shaheedi with above or anyone else) just trying to make an point.

Are we thinking some joe blow ruler of that time have power to make sri guru arjan dev ji sit on tatti tavi by force or convince them to do so? Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, could destroy rulers kingdom with blink of eye....so maharaj didn't follow some rule of that time No. Maharaj ji followed hakum of Nirankar and showed us attributes of patience and vahiguroo's raza by saying gur mukvak during the process of sitting on tatti tavi- Teraie Kiya Mitha Lagaie, Har Naam Padarath Nanak Mangaie ||

In sikhi both types of shaheed is parvan (self sacrifice and shaheedi in battle field) raising an sword and attaining shaheedi and sacrificing oneself while showing an attribute of patience and hakum.The problem with new age youth order is, they will big up one form of shahedi yet totally ignore/belittle other form of shaheedi which our gurus, and our soorma's like baba bir singh ji naurangabad attained.

The claim that person committed an suicide is laughable , need to watch it carefully again, this guy is in smadhi while being burned until sareer gives up, in fact his disciple is pouring gasoline and matched it.

He seemed to be in trance meditation. This is an live example, I was shocked see the video at first, when his disciple was putting gasoline on him(imagine how hard it must have been to follow that hakum of his master), but his lack of movement, sitting firm in meditation while he ignited himself and when others namaskar to him. I don't know i felt sense of calm knowing he didn't feel any pain and knowing he was in naam simran, how calm he was, this is live example and practical example how naam simran/abhyaas can control the senses beyond any pain. This video is extremely effective, can have an profound effect on people regardless of dharam who are on this path of simran sort of reinforce their belief in naam simran.

Lets shift the topic little bit, I wonder if instead of buddhist monk, if it was a singh's video in front of road Indian parliament, self immolating himself in purpose of protesting and bought some change in policies like buddhist monk did?, would it still be called suicide? or all of sudden- shaheedi? Obviously, cham has everything to do with opinion of some people.

Its against gurmat to commit suicide, its not against gurmat to die for righteousness.

In his panth he done the right thing, he was a well respected baba, would guru arjun dev ji give him a smack, no he wouldnt but i bet guru ji would respect him for trying.

I bet most of the heros on this website that talk 1984, khalistan and by the sword would run a mile when faced with a difficult situation.

This man did not commit suicide. He died because he thought this was the best way to deal with a problem his community faced. This was a sacrifice not a selfish act.

Emotional people only understand the emotions of it. Those that want to push an anti gurmat agenda here use emotions to push a person into accepting anti gurmat practices.

There are yogis who have been sitting for 100 years in meditation. But Satguru is not moved by such displays. Maharaj can "save" the world in a instance. So why appluad someone for going against Gurmat? We all read the Swaiyve doesn't Maharaj directly tell us there is nothing in winning. Why call the butcher bad when Maharaj is doing everything? Maharaj throughout Gurbani is telling us not to be emotional and when you are not emotional, then you understand what kirpa means. We don't respect Bhai Mani Singh because he was cut to pieces and didn't show no emotions. We respect Bhai Mani Singh ji because he understood Maharaj's Hukam and lived in it. Where is the glory in defeating the bodies pain, this is all an show of how much ego the person has in them. Nothing is higher than Kirpa of Satguru and this is what we are told is Gurmat.

In fact, all the cyber kharkoos on this board would puke out everything they know in front of Punjab police even before they were handcuffed :lol2:

Mehtab Singh, your post above, and gsinghysingh's post, also attached to you post above, is probably right. I find these statements like yours, and gsinghysingh's post, are the best, because they show that you truly believe that the Punjab Police is a brutal Police force which abuses it's powers, and unfair advantage, to carry out some serious human rights violations on innocent people! Saying people are scared to speak up for human rights against a murdering cowardly Punjab Police force which only fights when it out numbers Singhs, is the most honest acknowledgement of the Punjab Police's murderous ways! Well done to you both!

By the way, where did you get gsinghysingh's post from, the one in your post above, I can't find it on any thread?

Our people(punjabi sikhs- i blame punjabiyaat for this as i come from punjabi family so i know) are soo self absorbed in themselves, that they don't come out of box and see the diversity of world. They think they are entitled and feel high sense of entitlement- choose ones (saviour/self righetous)ones from birth, every one else its manmatiya, karam khandi...!!!

It's quite unfortunate bunch of narrow minded punjabi have held on to sikhi in the closed box and anyone who wants to study sikhi gets put off by these narrow minded punjabis who have pendufied sikhi and who think their punjabi tribe are choosen ones by vahiguroo.

Puratan samparda's - nirmale, taksal (thanks to sant gurbachan singh ji khalsa bhindanwale), udhasi, nihangs have spread sikhi all of india and to all group, people from all walks of life, and these new age goons wants to limit sikhi to "bunch of arrogant self righteous supremacist" and put huge closed door on sikhi by suppressing "diversified gurmat" and scream - anti gurmat, manmat when they see something different, or when they see something which challenges them or make them and their ideology insecure.