Interfaith Marriage At Gurdwara Happening

Guest sat

so an alochol consuming ------------

Sikhi is a philosophy not a religion

Read the shabad "gur satgur ka jo sikh akhaye " to understand the true definition of sikhi

If you know even the basics of Sikhi, you should know that Sikhi is not based on a philosophy. It is the revealed word. Sikhi is based on “dhur ki bani”, that is, Sikhi is based on the One Truth revealed to Guru Nanak Dev. If you call yourself a Sikh, you have to have accepted at least that much. (Shabad Guru - or the bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib is Piri, the spiritual aspect of Sikhi )

As far as the interfaith marriages are concerned, the Sikh mariyada is clear that “Anand Karaj ceremony infront of Sri Guru Granth Sahib can only be conducted between Sikh male and female”. The definition of Sikh in this regards also includes that both persons accept only Sri Guru Granth Sahib as their Guru and no other. Mariyada is part of Miri aspect ( wordly aspect) of Sikhi.. The Miri aspect of Sikhi is about the conduct of a person who affirms himself to be belonging to Sikh society. So in Miri, the Sikhs can include some things which are not in Piri to safeguard the cohesion and for the protection of Sikh Society.

its a fine line between the gori who changes his last name to singh in an effort to get married at the gurdwara and the punjabis who grow a small dhari then shave it off immediately after anand karaj!

It is the revealed word

Veer mahan have you studied the revelaed word yet ?

Veer kully - spirituality is a realm of loose definitions - the sikhi that gurus esposued was about universal love - once you ask this couple to learn keertan they will feel the love and might eventually join khalsa..... but alienating people will just leave them with bitter taste for all organized religion and drive them either to a faith that is more accepting or more likely athiesm.

Yes, I have. And I try to contemplate on it as much I can. However I must admit that I may not have done it to that level and extent as you might have done to call it just a “philosophy” or a philosophical concept.

You seem to be pretty confident in your conviction, so I would appreciate your enlightening us about what the source of epistemology (founding premise ) of Guru Nanak’s philosophy is; and the ontological representation that forms the body of that philosophy.

If you wish, you can start another thread so that this thread is not diverted from its original subject.

Veer kully - spirituality is a realm of loose definitions - the sikhi that gurus esposued was about universal love - once you ask this couple to learn keertan they will feel the love and might eventually join khalsa..... but alienating people will just leave them with bitter taste for all organized religion and drive them either to a faith that is more accepting or more likely athiesm.

If Sikhs were ok to marry to other faiths, then why did Maharajah Ranjit Singh get 50 plus lashes for marrying a Muslim. Why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji state in his 52 Hukams that a daughter of a Sikh will not get married to a clean shaven guy.

Why is it in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji it states that to beat the 5 main sins one must be a Sikh and to be a Sikh is to listen and follows the Gurus teachings, not cutting hair, consuming maas and all types of nasha, bad mouthing people etc is against Sikhis teachings.

In Guru Granth Sahib Ji it teaches there are only 2 types of people in life, Gurmukh and manmukh, Gurmukh follow the Gurus teachings and first and foremost do not cut their hair then they may call themselves Sikhs. Manmukhs are self willed. When you go to the Gurudwara, when you matha tek you are giving your head to the Guru, when you give your head to the Guru you agree to follow what Sikh teachings are. If your head belongs to the Guru what is it doing near scissors, if you wear the Kara, thats a handcuff to the Guru, so it should not be going towards nasha, maas, narcotics and doing bad against mankind if that hand belongs to the Guru.

The words in Guru Granth Sahib Ji are Gurbani, the Words of the True Guru, Waheguru. Taking Amrit to become Khalsa and one follows that path, that human being is a true perfect reflection of Waheguru ! The deeds are good and always selfless service to manking regardless of religion colour etc. Every Sikh is meant to be Khalsa or trying to be. There is no inbetween. Its because of the punjabi culture, Sikhs are becoming soft and bending Sikhi of its true values.

Guru Gobind Singh Jis horse stopped near a tobacco field and did not drink that water from that owner of the tobacco field. The owner followed and begged Guru Gobind Singh Ji to eat at his hous, Guru Gobind Singh Ji said take Amrit, become Khalsa and not only will you be mine, I will belong to you as well.

Coming back to the original subject, interfaith marriages should not be conducted in the house of the Guru in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

so an alochol consuming , drug addict, partying , lustful individual, completely ignorant to gurmat with a castist surname who is born to punjabi sikh parents grows a stubble on his wedding day and asks someone to tie a turban on his head is a sikh ?

Sikhi is a philosophy not a religion

Read the shabad "gur satgur ka jo sikh akhaye " to understand the true definition of sikhi

here is a video I would like you to watch. Sikhi teaches to accept any other human beings teachings and way of life but if one wants to be a Sikh, Gurmukhs should not hesitate in clarifying what a Sikh is;

Why is it in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji it states that to beat the 5 main sins one must be a Sikh and to be a Sikh is to listen and follows the Gurus teachings, not cutting hair, consuming maas and all types of nasha, bad mouthing people etc is against Sikhis teachings.

lets not make assumptions now...we dont want to go there

and maharaaja ranjit singh never actually got lashed...it was more to acknowledge and respect the authority of shriomani akaali bhudda dal and the akaal bunga...the punishment was receded after he acknowledged his mistake to jathedar akaali phoola singh ji

So if u guys do want to protest or stop this marriage ( I would advice against it)

then focus on the wrongdoers: the gurudwara prabandhaks.

Leave the girl and boy alone,

Tell the gurudwara leaders, that if u let this marriage happen, then .....

well fill in the blanks(protests, death threats, boycotts) ....I mean that's the only thing u can do to stop 'em right?