Interfaith Marriage At Gurdwara Happening

Guest sat

at the cost of repeating myself -

My solution is to ask the couple to practise a shabad for like 2 months on tabla and harmonium and sing it on the day of their wedding .... music is a very powerful force and being a part of sangat (regardless of their background) - will eventually nudge them (the couple) towards a sikh lifestyle

ORDERS FROM AKAAL TAKHT SAHIB DO NOT NEED TO BE REPEATED, ONLY ENFORCED BY ALL GURDWARAS.

lets have it right from the moment go. Anand Karaj can only be done with Guru de Sikhs or do you all disagree with Surjit Singh Ji's comments on the video I uploaded? If you accept having monas take part within the Anand Karaj then the argument for inter faith marriages will shortly come up as well.

Nobody said that. I know the above to be absolutely true. My issue is solely to do with the hour or so the groom is before SGGS Ji.

Not you bhaji, I was referring to a comment by panthicunity ji.

If you guys stop "monahs" from marrying at gurdwara, that isn't gonna make them want to become sardars. Instead, they will form their own committee and make their own gurdwara. Maybe they will call it something like Sehajdhari Sikh Center. They could possibly end up forming their own sect, or breaking off from Sikhi like the Ravidassias. So much for panthic unity.

• 1 month later...

One more quick thing...maybe you don't know him and in reality he yes a sikh at heart but hire family us Hindu and maybe he is young and doesn't know how to convey this to his family? And maybe before accusations and plans are put into motion to ruin a beautiful arrangement you should know these things in their absolute and entirety

wow i hardly think a muslim should be lecturing on tolerance, you guys protest over cartoons

Not you bhaji, I was referring to a comment by panthicunity ji.

If you guys stop "monahs" from marrying at gurdwara, that isn't gonna make them want to become sardars. Instead, they will form their own committee and make their own gurdwara. Maybe they will call it something like Sehajdhari Sikh Center. They could possibly end up forming their own sect, or breaking off from Sikhi like the Ravidassias. So much for panthic unity.

Better to have quality rather than quantity...you cant dilute or adapt Sikhi to suit those who cant be bothered to follow it properly.