question about high school

Sister

okay singh jee to be most frank and honest

we only go to ask those people for permission who we respect for their authority as a servant of God

our principal, prime minister, president, boss, leader, is Guru Gobind Singh

it's totally up to you - but i would say, if you are a Khalsa, property of the Sovereign King Guru Gobind Singh --- whose permission do you need to wear your kirpan? Only Guru ji's.

In my humble opinion it's not worth it to "request permission" from worldly authorities.

If they find out, then it's time to make allies and friends with them, and educate them.

It's good to be proactive - but not in cases where you'll end up getting bitten by your school for following the Sache Patshah's orders.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

vaaheguroojeeeekeeeeeeeefathehhhh!!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay singh jee to be most frank and honest

we only go to ask those people for permission who we respect for their authority as a servant of God

our principal, prime minister, president, boss, leader, is Guru Gobind Singh

it's totally up to you - but i would say, if you are a Khalsa, property of the Sovereign King Guru Gobind Singh --- whose permission do you need to wear your kirpan? Only Guru ji's.

In my humble opinion it's not worth it to "request permission" from worldly authorities.

If they find out, then it's time to make allies and friends with them, and educate them.

It's good to be proactive - but not in cases where you'll end up getting bitten by your school for following the Sache Patshah's orders.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

vaaheguroojeeeekeeeeeeeefathehhhh!!!!

Thanks a LOT Bhai Sahib ji.

I was actually thinking Bhei, Khalsapreet ji kihte ge :T:

Listened to the Kirtan Guru ji made u sing in Cali - AmAZING :WW: :WW:

I will surely take your advice - as you've got a good point :lol:

thanks a lot for your advice :(

altho I'm not YET a Khalsa blush.gif - hopefully soon :wub:

thanks for your amazing advice.

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

because we arent really supposed to wear kirpans to school and even if we are ... the school officials tell us not to show it to any one... so wat would you tell the person wat a gathra is?...

Let me get this straight, you only wear the gatra and not the kirpan? That's no different than wearing a janeo as a brahman.

If you can't follow in rehat then you're not a Sikh. Don't be scared of what people might think, but of what Guru Gobind Singh ji will think.

Search on the board for kirpan related issues, its been discussed numerous times.

Khalsa jio,

That is not bhainji meant ...

She is saying that since they are not to wear kirpan at their school, if they do, they cant show it. But she is saying, since no one is not to see her kirpan, someone would see her gatraa, so what would her response be to that ?

I wasn't a singh in high school so I never had to deal with this. What if you just wore a shorter gatra so it won't stick out from under your shirt and tie a kamarkasa type thing over it? Like one of those back support belts with velcro on it. That way nobody will see it, even by accident. Or maybe try wearing a snug undershirt with the kirpan underneath.