The origin of 5 Kakaars

Keeping unshorn hair is natural when following Hukam, this has been the case since the origin of humans. The remaining four kakkars are spiritual tools given by the Guru ji. They may have been around in some shape or form in the past, that is irrelevant, nobody has a franchise or copyright on the kacchera.

The desperate person or one with an agenda will try to link it with this or that in history. The history prior to Guru ji formalising their status for his disciple, is irrelevant. Kakkars act as practical spiritual tools, that is all one needs to know. Indeed if you don't know why your are wearing your kakkars, that is a cause for concern ( hopefully none of us are wearing them blindly, they become rituals in that case).

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee has done the arths of this tukh as follows:

ਰੰਗੁ ਨ ਲਗੀ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਤਾ ਸਰਪਰ ਨਰਕੇ ਜਾਇ ॥੫॥

This is metaphor if i am not wrong :biggrin2:

ਚਿਤਿ ਨ ਆਇਓ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਸਰਪ ਕੀ ਜੂਨਿ ਗਇਆ ॥੬॥

This is metaphor if i am not wrong :biggrin2:

ਚਿਤਿ ਨ ਆਇਓ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਸਰਪ ਕੀ ਜੂਨਿ ਗਇਆ ॥੬॥

Yes !!

This shabad points to all the suffering and pain that one experiences in this lifetime.

This shabad is given as a reference to when people ask Guruji.... WHY and WHAT can I do to get away from all this DUKH and suffering with pain,tragedy, depression..etc...???

See full shabad on ANG 70 to confirm.

Yes !!

This shabad points to all the suffering and pain that one experiences in this lifetime.

This shabad is given as a reference to when people ask Guruji.... WHY and WHAT can I do to get away from all this DUKH and suffering with pain,tragedy, depression..etc...???

See full shabad on ANG 70 to confirm.

I know its on pg 70 when I posted tuks of shabad I posted with pg number :biggrin2: and my view is narak and sarap are metaphor in these tuks. Can't argue if antbody differ :biggrin2:

I know its on pg 70 when I posted tuks of shabad I posted with pg number :biggrin2: and my view is narak and sarap are metaphor in these tuks. Can't argue if antbody differ :biggrin2:

I agree with your point, but I was telling others to confirm by seeing ang70 if they need.

:biggrin2: :lol2:

The eternal hell is abrahamic. If you do paap and sin like crazy, then you will suffer here and there and it is very unlikely you will attain mukhti :nono: :angry2:

But you won't go to an eternal hell as such but you will go through the 84 lak joon to endure some good old pain and suffering! :omg:

But then Waheguru STILL gives you a chance as a human to cleanse your bad karma and attain jivan mukhti/ be gurmukh !!

So we should consider ourselves lucky to be NOT in an eternal hell.

The ONLY thing ETERNAL in Sikhi is after you merge with God and Akaal Purakh himself - everything else is NOT eternal. :strong:

I agree with your point, but I was telling others to confirm by seeing ang70 if they need.

:biggrin2: :lol2:

The eternal hell is abrahamic. If you do paap and sin like crazy, then you will suffer here and there and it is very unlikely you will attain mukhti :nono: :angry2:

But you won't go to an eternal hell as such but you will go through the 84 lak joon to endure some good old pain and suffering! :omg:

But then Waheguru STILL gives you a chance as a human to cleanse your bad karma and attain jivan mukhti/ be gurmukh !!

So we should consider ourselves lucky to be NOT in an eternal hell.

The ONLY thing ETERNAL in Sikhi is after you merge with God and Akaal Purakh himself - everything else is NOT eternal. :strong:

I don't think you understand the concept of Nark in Indic religions. sadly this is what I see in the west. Some people think hell is only an abrahamic concept. The difference between hell in Abrahamic and Indic faiths is that in Abrahamic faiths it is eternal damnation since they don't believe in reincarnation. In Indic religions, hell is a temporary place where a sinful soul will get it's punishment before reincarnating.

In the Hindu faith, you have the famous story of the Saintly Raja Janak going to hell and because of his immense Bhagti he was able to empty hell of all it's suffering souls. Buddhist and Jain scriptures are also replete with detailed references to Nark and the punishments the jeev gets for sins before reincarnating. So I don't understand where you and Gurdeep Singh Johal Jee are getting your knowledge of Indic religions.

You should first study about a subject before making statements that have no bases and in the process also misinterpreting Gurbani. One must adjust their thinking to Gurbani instead of making Gurbani adjust to their thinking. If Gurbani is saying one thing it is our Farz to believe it instead of saying 'well this tukh does not agree with my thinking so I will say this tukh is metaphorical'

Gurdeep ji, do you see maharaj jj Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as your living guru? You keep saying pg rather than ang despite hints from members..,.. Waheguru

Guru Granth Sahib is our Guru no doubt, but it has pages not body parts. If you want to show respect then you have to live life according to gurmat.