Namdharis Coming Back Into Panth

jkvlondon

An Invitation… | Namdhari Truth 

most of my life as a kid I though naamdharis are just a sect of weirdos but over time I've realized they are contributed to panth a lot in preserving dastar, gurmat sangeet, etc.

they just became victim of the mass scale hinduization of sikhs in late 1800s by arya smajis (given khuli chhutti to do so by british) that compelled the singh sabha movement to take root 

Baba Raam SIngh and early naamdharis seem to be believers of sri guru granth sahib as shown by their jail chittian and the writings of other contemporary naamdhari scholars like Baba Dhian Singh, Baba Kala Singh naamdhari as given by the website above 

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

That really is very clean compared to the rest of India, looks very beautiful. That's the cleanest body of water I've seen in India, its so clear.  When I went Hazur Sahib, I went down to the Godhavri river, and the river was green! like a slimy green. I spoke to a fisherman there and he said its hard to catch fish because most of the fish are dead!  My cousin told me that not to far from the spot where we were standing there's factories releasing industrial waste into the river and pipes releasing sewage!

Interestingly the fisherman said that the Sikhs don't let people catch fish from the river and that they tell you off if your fishing. I thought Deccani Sikhs ate meat... 

Why don't naamdharis they drink tea? 

have you been to kiratpur sahib and seen the satluj daria

my mom was distraught after seeing the river (looks small) last time she went there was about 18-19 years ago before I was born when her grandmother passed away and she went to do the rusom 

looks really poluted 

Just now, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

have you been to kiratpur sahib and seen the satluj daria

my mom was distraught after seeing the river (looks small) last time she went there was about 18-19 years ago before I was born when her grandmother passed away and she went to do the rusom 

looks really poluted 

Yeah I've been there, it looks very polluted. 

Factories release so much sewage and waste into the rivers in India its no surprise that they are so polluted.

But you can't blame just the factories alone, even the general public treat rivers like a bin! 

Its funny because dharmic religions really stress the importance of the earth, nature and taking care of it, yet India is one of the dirtiest and most polluted countries on earth. 

But all its going to take is to just leave the rivers alone and nature slowly starts taking over again. Like in the last lockdown in India, when all the factories were closed and no industrial waste was being released into the Ganges, people spotted pods of the Ganges river dolphin, which is one of the rarest mammals on earth, and its an ancient species. All it takes is for humans to just stop spoiling it, and nature starts bouncing back in no time. 

During the lockdown in Punjab in the Beas river they spotted some Indus river dolphins after so many years. Who would think Punjab has dolphins, lol! 

Rare dolphins spotted in Beas as pollution dips

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Factories release so much sewage and waste into the rivers in India its no surprise that they are so polluted.

But you can't blame just the factories alone, even the general public treat rivers like a bin! 

Its funny because dharmic religions really stress the importance of the earth, nature and taking care of it, yet India is one of the dirtiest and most polluted countries on earth. 

But all its going to take is to just leave the rivers alone and nature slowly starts taking over again. Like in the last lockdown in India, when all the factories were closed and no industrial waste was being released into the Ganges, people spotted pods of the Ganges river dolphin, which is one of the rarest mammals on earth, and its an ancient species. All it takes is for humans to just stop spoiling it, and nature starts bouncing back in no time. 

During the lockdown in Punjab in the Beas river they spotted some Indus river dolphins after so many years. Who would think Punjab has dolphins, lol! 

all this talk on rivers reminds me of this documentary I saw a year or two back

I meant to post it onto sikhsangat but was held back by the regulations for months 

water is the most vital resource that belongs to Punjab and we must protect our assets and riparian rights at all costs 

the documentary showcases and gives a background to the bigger autonomous struggle of Punjab within India  as encoded in Anandpur da matta, I will post it as soon as I find it

it made matured me on just how deep the siyasat was to weaken Punjab 

with the Indira Gandhi canal taking water all the way to Jaisalmer (practically on border with Gujarat) and the canals transferring water from satluj to haryana being thicker and bigger in volume than the river itself when before 1947 only one canal transported our water out of Punjab and that was to I think Bikaner which paid us tax in return 

it is an riverlet in Punjab now and all this has an big economic impact on punjab that branches out into tons of other problems 

4 hours ago, puzzled said:

That really is very clean compared to the rest of India, looks very beautiful. That's the cleanest body of water I've seen in India, its so clear.  When I went Hazur Sahib, I went down to the Godhavri river, and the river was green! like a slimy green. I spoke to a fisherman there and he said its hard to catch fish because most of the fish are dead!  My cousin told me that not to far from the spot where we were standing there's factories releasing industrial waste into the river and pipes releasing sewage!

Interestingly the fisherman said that the Sikhs don't let people catch fish from the river and that they tell you off if your fishing. I thought Deccani Sikhs ate meat... 

Why don't naamdharis they drink tea? 

I think the Namdharis stopped drinking tea in resistance to the British. I believe Nihangs and Taksaalis don't drink tea/cha either. Speaking from personal experience, most of my family are hooked on cha and are addicted. I recently gave up on cha a couple of months ago. However, I would imagine most people traditionally used to drink shardai or shaheedi degh for an energy boost.

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Wow. That's amazing but also saddening because the pollution is only going to ramp up again. Reminds me when people were able to see mountains from Jalandhar because of the lockdown. Imagine how Panjab used to look like before industrialization and pollution. 

10 minutes ago, dharamyudh said:

I think the Namdharis stopped drinking tea in resistance to the British. I believe Nihangs and Taksaalis don't drink tea/cha either. Speaking from personal experience, most of my family are hooked on cha and are addicted. I recently gave up on cha a couple of months ago. However, I would imagine most people traditionally used to drink shardai or shaheedi degh for an energy boost.

my great grandfather didnt used to drink cha

neither did sant hari singh kaharpuri 

A group of hindus who wanted to destroy Sikhi. Instead of murdering the Sikhs, they decided to create a cult. 'Chery pick' components of Sikhi and mix it with Hindu traditions. Sikhs are so blind they won't even know.

Namdharis having raag kirtan is no more significant than the British having the Koh-i-Noor diamond. They are still a bunch of thieves.

Any person who bows in-front of another human thinking 'this human is God' goes to hell. The human they bowed to also gets dragged to hell. Every Sikh has a responsibility, if someone bows to you, you must re-direct them as a lost traveller that everything is to be found by bowing in-front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. (bachan of a gupat bhram giani).

9 minutes ago, Singh375 said:

A group of hindus who wanted to destroy Sikhi. Instead of murdering the Sikhs, they decided to create a cult. 'Chery pick' components of Sikhi and mix it with Hindu traditions. Sikhs are so blind they won't even know.

Namdharis having raag kirtan is no more significant than the British having the Koh-i-Noor diamond. They are still a bunch of thieves.

Any person who bows in-front of another human thinking 'this human is God' goes to hell. The human they bowed to also gets dragged to hell. Every Sikh has a responsibility, if someone bows to you, you must re-direct them as a lost traveller that everything is to be found by bowing in-front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. (bachan of a gupat bhram giani).

elder naamdharis werent like that they've been hijacked in the late 1800s as was the rest of the panth by arya samajis 

yet udasis, nirmalas, naamdharis haven't recovered from the destructive period of time where sikhi was at brink of extinction