P@ki On Sikh Channel

StarStriker

I gather he's quite unpopular amongst his peers in the industry. Reading between the lines I get the impression they think he's a bit of a joke.

We need better Sikh journalists or at least better journalists of Sikh origin.

I think that this lack of Sikh journalists is the problem because it elevates the likes of Sunny Hundal.He becomes the go to guy, particularly with media that represents the left (BBC/Guardian/Channel4).

I do not think any Sikh would mind criticisms, heck we are very critical on this forum of our own quom shortcomings but it should be objective.

However being objective is not something that is done in modern journalism.

I think the Sunny Hundal talk is veering off the topic in hand.

We need better Sikh journalists or at least better journalists of Sikh origin.

I think that this lack of Sikh journalists is the problem because it elevates the likes of Sunny Hundal.He becomes the go to guy, particularly with media that represents the left (BBC/Guardian/Channel4).

I do not think any Sikh would mind criticisms, heck we are very critical on this forum of our own quom shortcomings but it should be objective.

However being objective is not something that is done in modern journalism.

I think the Sunny Hundal talk is veering off the topic in hand.

That's exactly the issue. First, whenever a Sikh does make it in the white man's world, he or she begins to look down their nose at the rest of us pendus, as if we've just popped over on the banana boat last week. Not many, if any at all, keep it real, lol. The status and the associated lifestyle goes to the heads of these people.

Secondly, modern journalism is completed funked up. You're either on the Left with its associated bakwaas like The Guardian, or you're a few steps removed from Nazism on the Right with papers like The Daily Mail. And if a journalist values his or her career they've got to tow the party line that the editor feeds his staff... unless one happens to be hugely successful in their own right and can't be dictated to. But rarely do our journalists become celebrity journalists, lol; they hover around the middle brackets, not daring to create any waves that will upset the higher ups.

I still wonder how this guy is Jugraj Singh's brother. (Vaheguru truly does work in mysterious ways).

It's a thought that's disturbed me since I discovered they were brothers a few months ago. :/

But then I remember Guru Arjan Dev Ji and Prithi Chand were of the same parentage, so it's not so hard to come to terms with such apparent anomalies that have precedence even in our Guru Sahib's lives.

It's a thought that's disturbed me since I discovered they were brothers a few months ago. :/

But then I remember Guru Arjan Dev Ji and Prithi Chand were of the same parentage, so it's not so hard to come to terms with such apparent anomalies that have precedence even in our Guru Sahib's lives.

remember steel gets stronger the more it is tempered ....best place start at home

There needs to be an awareness strategy developed for this type of thing in universities.

As a Sikh you need to prepare for every trick in the book and then some.

Every Sikh orgs in University needs to have this in place.

maybe have a pop quiz on the spot :

how many Guru Sahiban were there

what is the last bani in Guru Granth Sahib ji

what Is the mool mantar

who was Mata Sahib Kaur ji

etc ... if you have doubts , check it out . simples

They will poshen it up when necessary or they revert back to their original way of talking.

One has to admire your linguistic inventiveness old chap, but you are neither a Bush or American ...This simply will not do to convince the toffs :biggrin2:

I remember translating patois to Mum and Dad , we grew in Hackney , apparently I was a posh speaker when I moved there from Poplar... funny that.

I googled his name and the first picture that came up was Tommy Robinson or something. the EDL bloke. He's some bald guy which was a bit of a disappointment.