Paris Shootings: Many Dead In Multiple Attacks

JSinghnz

Geezer!! Most definitely!

I just pray that I'm not out and about when it happens, but knowing my luck... lol

The feeling of helplessness of finding yourself in such a situation would be mind-numbing. Knowing your life was coming to an end, in a situation you never anticipated could ever occur a few moments earlier, is quite sad to contemplate. Makes you realise how fragile life is; how we get caught up in so much superfluous nonsense when it all could come crashing down in a few seconds of madness.

The feeling of helplessness of finding yourself in such a situation would be mind-numbing. Knowing your life was coming to an end, in a situation you never anticipated could ever occur a few moments earlier, is quite sad to contemplate. Makes you realise how fragile life is; how we get caught up in so much superfluous nonsense when it all could come crashing down in a few seconds of madness.

I live in London mate, I've had to face that possibility a few times when on the tube. You just have to deal with it and hope and pray. How many times have I been on the tube and someone with suitcase is right there next to me. I remember the day after the bombings here and that Brazillian guy got shot, I had to do an exam and go on the tube which was pretty much deserted. It was scary. Not just because of terrorists but also the possibility some armed and amped up white policeman going overboard.

The reality of today is that you could be going to work on the tube and all of a sudden someone is being a 'terminator' in the next carriage. On top of that, potential retaliation from racist whites and the police is also something we have to face up to. I've had to talk to younger nephews about being mentally/psychologically and even physically prepared for ending up in these situations. You have to be sharp when out and about. Duck and dive and escape if possible.

That's where your dharam comes in too. God forbid, but if it is destined for me to go like that, then I just hope I've done enough good to have some favour with Guru ji and Waheguru.

That's where your dharam comes in too. God forbid, but if it is destined for me to go like that, then I just hope I've done enough good to have some favour with Guru ji and Waheguru.

Yeah, the above is exactly what I was alluding to. Nothing we do in terms of dharam is ever too much, but one would hope we've lived decent lives and conducted ourselves in the correct Sikh way that means if we do end up unexpectedly on the other side, this janam won't have been a waste.

This is why Guru Ji warns us in scriptures we should always be ready for death. How many of us listen to this and carry on with our anti-sikh antics? I know for sure most of our people dont listen and just carry on sinning and forgetting about our lord on daily basis.

When death comes it can come suddenly or can come as expected. Either way as Sikhs, as human beings we are in a lucky position we have made it in this life however if we don't practise Sikhi if we don't do naam simran and connecting to waheguru before life is taken away from us then every human will suffer a fate will be worse than death in the afterlife.

Oh jeez, I don't know, maybe because those are their countrymen? Their sons, brothers, sisters, mothers at war. Simple fact is if something shocking and unexpected happens in a white or non white country it does get coverage.

No, they SERIOUSLY under represented the civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan. Truth is that white deaths are considered more important than nonwhites.

Guest Jacfsing2

No, they SERIOUSLY under represented the civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan. Truth is that white deaths are considered more important than nonwhites.

People want to hear news closer and more related to them. Not saying it's right but that's just the truth. (In some news they did show the deaths of cases in the show of Hate Crime).