How To Attract New People To The Gurdwara

Big_Tera

Although this may not be a huge attraction, but I feel every Gurdwara in the west should have a small gym room for weight training and our youth/young men should be encouraged to get physically fit with strong arms and legs the way sons of Guru Gobind Singh jee should look. Along with this, gatka classes need to incorporate mma into their training.

Slough is a good example of this and some Gurdwarey up North. In a Utopian world, a full size professionally supervised sports centre for the larger Gurudwarey.

Although this may not be a huge attraction, but I feel every Gurdwara in the west should have a small gym room for weight training and our youth/young men should be encouraged to get physically fit with strong arms and legs the way sons of Guru Gobind Singh jee should look. Along with this, gatka classes need to incorporate mma into their training.

I would say turn this on its head and make the gym and classes available for the bibian as a major push , because every tej deep and harinder is offered these type of facilities as a first priority and the women usually are left as an after thought. Even having football/gatka/ mma teams in a gurdwara league would be a positive move for the youth

I would say turn this on its head and make the gym and classes available for the bibian as a major push , because every tej deep and harinder is offered these type of facilities as a first priority and the women usually are left as an after thought. Even having football/gatka/ mma teams in a gurdwara league would be a positive move for the youth

Nothing stopping the bibian from using the gym if they wanted to.

Nothing stopping the bibian from using the gym if they wanted to.

Hanji, there is nothing stopping them. But it's mostly used by males who are doing weightlifting etc more. A female would feel uncomfortable with a gym full of males, and vice versa, a male would feel uncomfortable with a gym full of females. Thus they tend not to go. If there were sessions for women then they would have the confidence to attend.

Hanji, there is nothing stopping them. But it's mostly used by males who are doing weightlifting etc more. A female would feel uncomfortable with a gym full of males, and vice versa, a male would feel uncomfortable with a gym full of females. Thus they tend not to go. If there were sessions for women then they would have the confidence to attend.

I find that quite strange how in a Gurdwara how everyone is supposed to be equal and there should not be any segregation.

Why do women of the subcontinent feel the lack of confidence to do anything that they need to be segregated yet at the same time demand equality?

Join your brothers in the gym and train!

I find that quite strange how in a Gurdwara how everyone is supposed to be equal and there should not be any segregation.

Why do women of the subcontinent feel the lack of confidence to do anything that they need to be segregated yet at the same time demand equality?

Join your brothers in the gym and train!

I don't have a problem with it. I'm all for equality and mixing together.

But also males join your sisters in gym full of them too, and let's see what happens then.

I don't have a problem with it. I'm all for equality and mixing together.

But also males join your sisters in gym full of them too, and let's see what happens then.

In my observations, a lot of males will train individually or with a gym buddy particularly when you need someone to spot you.

Females prefer group training, things like boot camp or circuit training. There are a growing number Sikh female personal trainers who offer these services.