Prohibitions In Sikhism

Guest Jacfsing2

I am surprised no one wants to mention the great work baru sahib baba ji is doing and the growth of their schools. The youth are being taught kirtan and pagh and punjabi in great numbers.

Baru Sahib does help a lot for assisting Sikhs; however, the school is both hypocritical in its rules; and the location in Himachal Pradesh and not Punjab; (the Damdami Taksal Daas assumes is a better institution than Baru Sahib is for Sikhs).

On many visits to the panjab over the years I've seen the problem get worse and worse especially in the villages. Indeed some of my relatives are addicted to drugs. It's so bad that it's kind of becoming acceptable in the villages for men to just sit in the fields with like-minded friends just doing drugs. They get Bihari's and the like to do the work in the fields (because that is beneath them, in their own eyes). But the biggest thing that made me despair (and realise how stupid panjabis are) is that there is cannabis growing everywhere in the Punjab, it's literally everywhere, growing for free, but the druggies continue to sell their possessions to enrich the corrupt people who let all the drugs into the panjab. I know drug use is bad and not a good thing but this level of stupidity surprises me. If there was weed growing everywhere in the UK, most of the illegal drug trade would collapse.

Baru Sahib does help a lot for assisting Sikhs; however, the school is both hypocritical in its rules; and the location in Himachal Pradesh and not Punjab; (the Damdami Taksal Daas assumes is a better institution than Baru Sahib is for Sikhs).

How is it hypocritical? It is a great Sikh alternative to the Christian convent schools or the arya samaji dav schools. Today Baru Sahib affiliate schools can be found all over North India.

And mountainous areas have a spiritual atmosphere. For thousands of years Saints have gone to the mountains for deep meditations.

Guest Jacfsing2

How is it hypocritical? It is a great Sikh alternative to the Christian convent schools or the arya samaji dav schools. Today Babu Sahib affiliate schools can be found all over North India.

For one, they seem to not give Sikh students any financial assistance compared to non-Sikh students, Baru Sahib charges on nationality not religion. All the Christian schools do give some benefits for Christian students. Also Damdami Taksal charges way less than Baru Sahib, plus it was actually founded by the Satguru himself. What if some poor kid who can't afford the tuition wants to go there, will there be any benefit for a Sikh student; in the same way Christian and other faith schools give their financial aid?

For one, they seem to not give Sikh students any financial assistance compared to non-Sikh students, Baru Sahib charges on nationality not religion. All the Christian schools do give some benefits for Christian students. Also Damdami Taksal charges way less than Baru Sahib, plus it was actually founded by the Satguru himself. What if some poor kid who can't afford the tuition wants to go there, will there be any benefit for a Sikh student; in the same way Christian and other faith schools give their financial aid?

from my understanding, kids who cannot afford it are given discount or even given admission free. But those who can afford it are charged regular fees

On many visits to the panjab over the years I've seen the problem get worse and worse especially in the villages. Indeed some of my relatives are addicted to drugs. It's so bad that it's kind of becoming acceptable in the villages for men to just sit in the fields with like-minded friends just doing drugs. They get Bihari's and the like to do the work in the fields (because that is beneath them, in their own eyes). But the biggest thing that made me despair (and realise how stupid panjabis are) is that there is cannabis growing everywhere in the Punjab, it's literally everywhere, growing for free, but the druggies continue to sell their possessions to enrich the corrupt people who let all the drugs into the panjab. I know drug use is bad and not a good thing but this level of stupidity surprises me. If there was weed growing everywhere in the UK, most of the illegal drug trade would collapse.

The druggies in Punjab are not on cannabis that's a minor drug, they're all on nastier harder stuff like heroin, crack , cocaine, amphetamine, LSD, opium aka pheem.

The ones that can't afford proper drugs are hooked on drugs meant for animals like horse tranquillisers etc. Dodgy pind doctors also sell synthetic drugs to amlis to get rich quick greedy fools.