Should we choose a faction or remain factionless

singhbj singh

Guest Jacfsing2
5 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Akj's marry akj, 

The marriage excuse? Jatts marry Jatts, Khatris marry Khatris, Ramgharia marry Ramgharia, and Dalits marry Dalits, and the fact that you don't seem to understand is 95% of the time, it's the parents who choose everything about the partners, not the kids. And now you've gotten to the point of Mahapurukh Bashing, just so you know, Sukhdev Singh allowed non-Akj Sikhs to join his new Jatha, (in fact most of them weren't Akj). You actually have a higher chance of marrying someone of your own caste than you do of the same Jatha.

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The marriage excuse? Jatts marry Jatts, Khatris marry Khatris, Ramgharia marry Ramgharia, and Dalits marry Dalits, and the fact that you don't seem to understand is 95% of the time, it's the parents who choose everything about the partners, not the kids. And now you've gotten to the point of Mahapurukh Bashing, just so you know, Sukhdev Singh allowed non-Akj Sikhs to join his new Jatha, (in fact most of them weren't Akj). You actually have a higher chance of marrying someone of your own caste than you do of the same Jatha.

Then it means Neech Di Aulaad is Neech, Badzaat Di Badzaat ?

What is the point of studying Gurbani and Gurmat if there is no positive change !

Marriage & Employment are some of the advantages of joining a faction. 

2 hours ago, kangw said:

It's easier for illiterate masses to become a member of a faction simply because they can be easily programmed like robots!  Their nescience towards scientifically proven knowledge is easier to manipulate. The land where nescience exists on a massive scale it is not difficult to understand why there are inumerable factions.  These societies hold firm belief in the supernatural and fatalism. It is not a societal norm to question supernatural concepts for fear of ostrascization and assignation to a pariah/non grata status in these type of societies.

Are you talking about western society or punjabi ?

5 hours ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

I think, Sikhdom does not need anymore factions. It is indefatigably bogged down with too many and no one knows whether they are coming or going. It's very easy to assign oneself to a "faction" without the awareness of what this could lead to. Moreover, one simply cannot begin to understand dystopia unless one reads the comparative (literary) work of art by Sir T More. We can only (fully) appreciate factions in light of his great work of art!  I suggest you all read Sir T More to seriously come to grips with factions and the more serious dangers they represent.

All the factions that exist in Sikhs were & still are sponsored by politicians.

Only ignorant fools think that our jatha or Baba is right & pure when they all are on payroll.

The conflict occur between Akali sponsored factions & Congress or State sponsored factions & Central government.

Anyway I will take your suggestion and look into Sir T More's work.

Sir Thomas More was advisor to Henry the eighth and his fictional work 'Utopia ' is what is being suggested ...the common mistake is to think Utopia has roots in th greek words eu - good  topos -place ...but it is actually from ou- not   topos- place i.e. no place/nowhere emphasising the impossibility of such a place 

however Utopia of More is tainted with a priestly/scholar class to rule all and slavery

dys -topos deranged place ...increasingly the land where kalyug acts ...

8 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

I'm not concerned with what happened in the book or movie.

Just interested in the factions concept.

Take the case of Bhindranwale, trained to be a Granthi & Pracharak changed faction from Erudite to Dauntless.

Got misused by politicians (both punjab & center) due to superficial knowledge of politics, created chaos that ended in disaster.

De Facto, generalist-divergent ideology didn't work.

You let your mouth run too much. 

13 hours ago, kangw said:

I meant Punjabi, but without malice.

Oh I thought you were referring to divisions in Church, there are many

Catholic, Protestant, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran etc

Coming back to Punjabi society I think most factions were created on the basis of caste & region.

Literacy is a big issue but looking at kids & grandkids of migrants don't see a major change.

Just like ancestors they are stuck in old ways, can't choose their spouse or faction.

Son of Akj is akj not ddt.

Jat girl marrying a jat not ramgarhia.

So how are things any different ?