CHAUR SAHIB SEWA

Sher Khalsa

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

There are some gurudwara sahib which are majorily organized by non sikh e.g. Sindhi and almost every gurudwara sahib in Pakistan including historical ones these Sindhis are doing sewa for the last so many decades.

Well I agree on Parchar issue that it should be done by an amritdhari Sikhs. Like once Bhai Chamanjeet Singh Lal, a very famous Raagi Singh in India who was earlier Chaman Lal was doing kirtan as Bhai Chaman Lal on the Vaisakhi and preaching Sangat about amrit & kakars etc.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the defination of faithfully

now JOIN the word faithfully to belief

you're getting there ...it's good you got one word down ...now lets try to get to two words....

so with the defination of faithfully...we'd have...adhering firmly and devotedly to the BELIEF in amrit....

still doesn't mean you have to have taken it....

a lot of people i know firmly believe in amrit..but are not at a point in their lives yet...

YOU do not get to decide who believes and who doesn't...

i'm sorry..but YOU are NOT akal takt...

so get off your high horse , calm down, and do some simran...

and let akal takt do it's job....they don't need YOU to MISREAD their hukams and confuse the sangat....even though you do a great job of it.

hahahahaha

who are you to criticize someones English when they are right and you are wrong.

adhering firmly and devotedly to the BELIEF in amrit.

Yo cant use the same word ur defing in your sentence.

how can you believe in adhering firmly to amrit without taking it? WOuldnt that make you a hypocrite?????? How can you say you are devoted to amrit, if you havent taken it yet?

anyways, im not here to argue about English. Listen to katha on this topic Gursikhijeevan.com has a video on this topic. A non-amritdhari cannot do kirtan in sangat, pr

achaar in sangat, paath in sangat or chaur seva. This is a black and white topic

Back in purataan times, if you do not know, no one was even a SIkh until they took amrit. How can you be a sikh without following rehit??????

Isnt there a tuk in dasam bani that goes something like this "rehit binah ma sikh kuhavai" ????

How many people do you know that arent amritdhari that follow full rehit. I personally dont know any.

So does this not mean a Sikh mus be amritdhari????????

I think so

now that we got that cleared up, lets think about why a non SIkh cannot do kirtan, prachaar, paath or chaur seva in sangat.

How much sense does it make for a person that does not follow the teaching of the gurus to preach about Sikhi, talk about Sikhi or sing about Sikhi in sangat?? Would that not be hypocritical of the person doing kirtan or katha, if they are not a sikh themselves? How can I tell u to follow rehit when I dont follow it myself???

And they cant do chaur seva because a non Sikh cannot be trusted with the welfare of our Guru, compared to how a SIkh can be trusted with the welfare of Guru Ji.

Contrary to popular belief, Guru Ji is not a book, it should be given utmost respect. How can someone that is not a Sikh, thus does not follow the teaching of the gurus be intrusted to take care and protect our guru?

And to anyone that says, wouldnt this stop people just getting into Sikhi from becoming SIkhs.....Chaur seva is not the only type of seva, anyone can do langar di seva or anyone can help clean the gurdwara.

And lets not forget the best seva to do is simran and paath. Its ludicris to think someone would be turned away from SIkhi just because they cant do chaur seva

Bhula Chuka Maaf

brampton ddt....

first of all the only word i was defining was faithfully and linking it to belief..i wasn't defining belief....so take it easy there cowboy...

and in purataan tiimes...NOT all sikhs were amritdhari....have you heard of the sampradas?....sevapanthis, nirmalas, udasis?....are you gonna deny their existance?....

did you kow that bhai khanaiya ji wasn't amritdhari?....if you dont believe it...read ten masters...prof. puran singh wrote it...

JSS, the reason why you don't hear the word 'Singh' attached to Bhai Kanheiya Ji's name is because he was desciple of Guru Tegh Bahadar Ji so he 'must have' taken Charna amrit from Guru Sahib, and I haven't come across any other Sikhs who had to take Khande Baate Ki pahul again once the charna amrit initiation was put to an end by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Perhaps this is the explanation :wub:

go read bhai gurdass ji's varran. vaar number 3

where i says a true sikh is one who surrenders himself before his guru........now answer my questionm, how do you surrender yourself before the guru in the modernday.............................. I WONDERRE

could it be..........................YES IT MUST BE......................by taking amrit.

again..you're taking one thing and trying to link it to another thing....

surrendering yourself doesn't necessarily mean...taking amrit.....

are you saying bhai kanaiya ji wasn't a true sikh???

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Actually, Sikh was a term coined well in Guru Nanak Dev Jee's time... when "Amritdharis" didn't exist. A Sikh is one who is a learner... still in that learning process. An Amritdhari has taken amrit and has sworn to follow... there IS a difference.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well earlier I didn't saw any issue with monai doing chaur sahib di seva until I heard the sakhi that a sikh sevadaar who used to do chaur seva for guru gobind singh sahib ji was not allowed to do any more when he plucked one white hair from his beard. Now I prefer that a gursikh atleast not kurheiti(may not be amritdhari but sabat surat with dastaar) shall do the seva of guru sahib.

In our gurudwara sahib atleast I try to make this happen but one can't make a generic rule as the rule has to come from Akal Takhat Sahib.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!