Sikh history of 18th century seems highly depressing and sikhs didn't even get a fair share :'(

On 7/1/2018 at 3:32 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

People can have langar without visiting darbar.. In fact traditionally taking langar in pangat with Sangat comes before entering darbar of guru sahib.. Not the other way round 

That does not sound good if that is the case.

What's the point of going to the gurdwara if you are not going to matha tek.

It is simply good manners to have a matha tek as well as langar. 

Do you think it is a good idea for people to cover their heads in gurdwara or do you think you can find some clause which states that you do not need to do that?

12 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

You're smart enough to do the digging yourself. I'm not spoon feeding you.

That’s a bit lame.. Usually proffering evidence to support a proposition.. I don't know of any evidence maybe you could point me in the right direction? Or was it just a throwaway comment without any basis? 

6 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

That does not sound good if that is the case.

What's the point of going to the gurdwara if you are not going to matha tek.

It is simply good manners to have a matha tek as well as langar. 

Do you think it is a good idea for people to cover their heads in gurdwara or do you think you can find some clause which states that you do not need to do that?

I know it sounds counterintuitive but from guru nanak times taking langar in pangat was a prerequisite to guru Darshan and one could do the first without the other.. Personally I wouldn't but that is the convention 

13 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

Langar and sarovar concept is for Sikh sangat visiting gurdwara. The person going to langar and not meeting guru sahib is not the motive. 

Yes I agree but langar as a institution is multi layered. Sitting in pangat with people of all backgrounds and doing sewa is a humbling act and if one doesn't partake in that and experience equality won't understand the message.. It was primarily aimed at higher caste Hindus and Muslim nobility who would not sit and eat with those believed to be lower than them.. 

47 minutes ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

That’s a bit lame.. Usually proffering evidence to support a proposition.. I don't know of any evidence maybe you could point me in the right direction? Or was it just a throwaway comment without any basis? 

So why are you so eager to cast doubt on my statement?