Sikh history of 18th century seems highly depressing and sikhs didn't even get a fair share :'(

On 6/21/2018 at 6:51 PM, TejS said:

You misunderstood me. I feel cynical towards collective humanity because the struggles of our Sikh ancestors shows there is no such thing as compassion and love for people different in any way from you. Even our own Sikhs have betrayed us in the past for their personal benefits and short-sightedness. 

Yes, but maybe the real example is how Sikhs treated others.

2 hours ago, TejS said:

This is a good summation on Jewishness. 

The same can be applied for Sikhs, where moneh Sikhs and even Sikhs that aren't religious like Sunny Hundal, are trying to do something for Sikhi but are excluded from the "club" because of highly religious members. By doing this, we alienate them from an ancestral identity and lose their talents and solidarity. Sunny Hundal recently presented a pretty nice article on what Sikhs should be doing in Canada to fight the media attacks against Sikhs in politics, however most sidelined his advice as it was not coming from a Sikh himself. 

I think we should evolve ourselves to allow the Sikh identity be inherited and ancestral as well as religious. 

Not when our religious edicts dictate who is and who isn't an apostate. 

On 6/23/2018 at 10:36 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

The religious institutions we created out of our good will and the humanistic ideals of our gurus , langar for instance, are abused by the same people who're repulsive to the idea of sikhi becoming prominent. 

Langar as a institution was not created by 'us' but established by Guru sahib as a fundamental principle so it is non negotiable. It is not something created post Guru sahib. That is a fundamental misrepresentation! 

On 6/27/2018 at 10:29 PM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Langar as a institution was not created by 'us' but established by Guru sahib as a fundamental principle so it is non negotiable. It is not something created post Guru sahib. That is a fundamental misrepresentation! 

You kind of misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Perhaps I did not write it clearly.

Yes Guru ji create the institution of langar. Yes we the Sangat maintain this but our goodwill as laid out by gurus to reach out to all gets abused. 

Nobody is trying to under mine this fundamental principle but we should not be walked all over.

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You kind of misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Perhaps I did not write it clearly.

Yes Guru ji create the institution of langar. Yes we the Sangat maintain this but our goodwill as laid out by gurus to reach out to all gets abused. 

Nobody is trying to under mine this fundamental principle but we should not be walked all over.

Fair enough. How do you think it gets abused that's quite a strong accusation.. Do you have a example to clarify your point? ??