Feeling depressed

Guest Anonymous

I found out my blood test results and i have a slight vitamin D deficiency, everything else was fine! i thought that since i stopped eating meat that the results won't be good because thats what everyone says but everything was fine 

i have to take vitamin D supplements though but the lady at the counter said just sit in the sun lol!

Guest bibek budh

To the OP lot of these mental illnesses have reversible organic causes, a lot of which your doctors either don't know or won't tell you about: 

Please check your blood for heavy metals, electrolyte disturbances, hormone dysfunction (e.g. thyroid,adrenals), anaemia, vitamin deficiencies.

Stop all processed foods, sugars, salts and tap water- they contain many neurotoxic chemicals that can cause your symptoms. 

Avoid fluoridated products like toothpastes.

Stop using wifi.

If you have any stressors in your life these need to be tackled too.

After doing the above see how you feel. Whatever you do, do not accept any medications like anti-depressants from your doctor! They have wide ranging negative effects on the body and mind including suicidal ideation and will only mask your symptoms by disturbing neurotransmitter levels in your brain, they will not get rid of anything or tackle the cause, you will end up worse than you are currently.

24 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I found out my blood test results and i have a slight vitamin D deficiency, everything else was fine! i thought that since i stopped eating meat that the results won't be good because thats what everyone says but everything was fine 

i have to take vitamin D supplements though but the lady at the counter said just sit in the sun lol!

Quite common with our people having vitamin d deficiency. 

You can probably get away with sunshine during summer months but they are needed during the dark winter months. 

Holland and Barrett do some great vitamin supplements. 

17 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Quite common with our people having vitamin d deficiency. 

You can probably get away with sunshine during summer months but they are needed during the dark winter months. 

Holland and Barrett do some great vitamin supplements. 

Which vitamins do you recommend? I.e. which ones, apart from the obvious Vitamin D would you say most of us need to take?

2 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Which vitamins do you recommend? I.e. which ones, apart from the obvious Vitamin D would you say most of us need to take?

D3, not just the regular D. Ensure it's the 25ug variety. Anything lower than that for a non-meat eater is a waste of time and money. Also, Iron capsules, but don't go overboard. Listen to your body. Don't plough endlessly through these vitamins for years, because taking them when the body doesn't require them causes as much problems as not consuming them when they are needed. You should've been soaking up the rays for the past 2 months in the UK. That's the real good stuff. Drink lots of water and get a regular sweat on. Everything should accordingly tick on quite nicely.

Guest GuestSingh
12 minutes ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

I got depression and i recently cut my wrists with a knife just a little sctratch as i got angry during a argument at home with the family. 

It felt good doing it. 

Bro, don't know if you've approached/received help from anyone yet but have you tried contacting Sikh helpline?

Remember watching a case of a girl who eventually became addicted to this during childhood but was able to stop and change her life with their intervention.

https://www.sikhhelpline.com/

It's anonymous and you don't need to give your name.

Might help just to call and talk to someone who can help/advise you....

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, Guest Haridas said:

not trying to be funny, but have you had your vitamin d level checked?

AGREED! My thoughts also ran on food on first instinct. Now I can google this but wha types of food would you recommend t get D up n running in the systems?