Jump to content

What if Sikhism was one of the religions that spread by sword ? Would it have a few countries for itself by now ?


Recommended Posts

Not moral , nor something I encourage, but it makes for serious consideration . why islam and christianity both spread by sword are far more successful in their geo-political-demographic expansions and why sikhs are a shriveled lot today without a demographic/political ascendance 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, Khalsa will rise when the time comes. 

Islam and Christianity might boast numbers but their quality is not high. 

Why does Sikhism need to be spread by sword? We only take weapons when it is right/just. If we spread by the sword, we would have a lot of poor quality adherents. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
32 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Why does Sikhism need to be spread by sword?

I never said we should !! I think i already made it clear in the post

32 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

If we spread by the sword, we would have a lot of poor quality adherents. 

don't you think we already have ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 7:44 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Not moral , nor something I encourage, but it makes for serious consideration . why islam and christianity both spread by sword are far more successful in their geo-political-demographic expansions and why sikhs are a shriveled lot today without a demographic/political ascendance 

funny how you are looking at empty shells and seeing living faith when everyone knows those who play the numbers by the sword game only have cowards and the faithless as followers . Sikhi is better as it is , freedom of conscience and choice not forced on anyone. Those who come to sikhi do it with heart and eyes open ...
Frankly lately Ajeet you have been preoccupied lately with cussing down sikhi in threads for some mythical lack, if you like your buddies from the other faiths there's nothing to stop you from joining them ...

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 10:37 AM, Premi5 said:

Don't worry, Khalsa will rise when the time comes. 

Islam and Christianity might boast numbers but their quality is not high. 

Why does Sikhism need to be spread by sword? We only take weapons when it is right/just. If we spread by the sword, we would have a lot of poor quality adherents. 

100%

look at maharaja ranjit singh era, his generals were bought out by the brits. They were not true khalsa. 

When the true khalsa rises, they will rule the entire world, khalsa raj. 

It has never been in the khalsa nature to fight for empire. I have been reading sikh history and it’s clear from it, that the khalsa take to the sword for defence of innocents and to uphold justice. Guru Hargobind Ji really did crush the Mughals like Babba Buddha Ji crushed an onion, but he never sought to establish kingdom. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree somewhat with the premise of this topic although not in the logic of it. What would've been more beneficial for our growth was the faith emerging in 969 instead of 1469. We missed the boat in many ways and unfortunately got caught up in a lot of historical and social nonsense that meant we were punching above our weight AND playing catch-up for centuries. Looking at the situation from a regional SE-Asian perspective isn't the total picture; need to glance further West to understand how their development (the Enlightenment, etc) impacted us, too. Sure, Sikhi emerged exactly when it was supposed to, but if we're conducting these mental exercises, then I'd argue it arrived a little later than it needed to for the sake of its future long-term prosperity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 8/31/2018 at 3:00 PM, MisterrSingh said:

I disagree somewhat with the premise of this topic although not in the logic of it. What would've been more beneficial for our growth was the faith emerging in 969 instead of 1469. We missed the boat in many ways and unfortunately got caught up in a lot of historical and social nonsense that meant we were punching above our weight AND playing catch-up for centuries. Looking at the situation from a regional SE-Asian perspective isn't the total picture; need to glance further West to understand how their development (the Enlightenment, etc) impacted us, too. Sure, Sikhi emerged exactly when it was supposed to, but if we're conducting these mental exercises, then I'd argue it arrived a little later than it needed to for the sake of its future long-term prosperity.

I see what you're thinking. I have thought about this sometimes. But short , sweet and factual answer to this is : "It was just destined to happen this way" . For a minute think of yourself as the creator of a game with millions of characters in it. Each character lives just for 10 minutes or so but the game runs for years ! The character is insignificant really , isn't it ? The character doesn't know what will happen 1 month from now (in the game) . But the creator of the game and the one operating it knows how exactly things and situations will develop and he can even alter it . Now that creator / operator is god. 

Guru Nanak dev ji himself perhaps have had lived hundreds of times before being born in 1469. Perhaps his birth in 1469 would have been birth of a baby, a blank slate as such , from a novice's point of view. But he was in fact collecting all the wisdom in all his previous birth. Must have been through the ups and downs of life, yielded to temptations like us ordinary mortals do , and after trial and error and god's will , he managed to collect all of that gyaan and being born in 1469 was not a blank state but rather someone who had brought a lot with him to now share with the world. Now ofcourse I have also heard Guru Nanak in some n'th previous life was the oil-press employee of King Janak's court, but I will not go in that direction.

You say if we were started in 10th century . Well don't you think our temples would have been plundered and destroyed the same way it happened with hindus then ? if we were born in 2nd century , don't you think Ashoka would have tortured us as he tortured those buddhist monks . If we were born in 3rd century , wouldn't we have seen our centres of learning destroyed and our learnt men killed and plundered and ultimately forced to exile as it happen with the buddhists under the brahamnical rulers. 

Truth is no time has ever been that nice ! not even ancient india 

 

edit :

As ridiculous as this may sound , I believe islam was more of a test of fire for sikhism if you look at the bigger picture. They were the ones who were previous to us (in global chronology scenario) . And sikhism had to go through this test of fire for it to emerge unscathed as being evidence of its truth . It seems whenever you assert something, universe/god will always find schemes to test it.

In a similar vein, its not that radhasoamis, nirankaris, namdharis, etc won't be tested , they will be . However its anyone's guess what will happen lol . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Is that this Baba Nand Singh ji? 
    • Just thought I would translate some of the highlighted parts from these snapshots.   -Sikhi is diminishing and very few practicing sikhs will remain in the future -There will come a time when over four new ideologies will emerge on a daily basis. Sikhs will jump from one ideology to the next. Be it Bhasauria, Radha-Soami, Kuka, Communist (as examples). -People will be easily lured away from their religion -Master Tara Singh is misleading the Sikhs, just like Gandhi. Also, we don’t call him Mahatama as he has no such quality. The people that are blindly following Gandhi and hoping for indepednece will lament one day and feel the British Raj was comparatively better. -These Topi waley will not let you [sikhs] cause any commotion (meaning they will suppress you) -Naam is becoming rare. Hold on to it for your survival. It will flourish one day in the future -Don’t align with any political party -With time, a great man will come who will, with his shakti (power) make these [Indian rulers] bow down. After this a long-lasting rule will start [of the Sikhs]. Gurmukhi letters will be supreme. The counting of 13 will commence [ I believe this refers to a benevolent social structure]. The Parkarma at Harmandir Sahib will be expanded 2 or 3 times its; current width [ hinting at a surge in new Sikhs]. Even the lighting lamp posts will be adorned in gold.
    • does anyone know about the prophecy about china and russia invading india?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use