Marrying someone with the same last name as nanikay

Guest Singh

6 hours ago, Amit12 said:

NOBODY wanted to answered cuz yeh fellas seems to be living in 1800s. Broooo this aint matter anymore.

and when did castes came into sikhi ? man you are in a philosophical forum..... 

Ya then go ahead and marry your own sister then if it ain't matter its not about caste its about not having mentally challenged kids or kids with medical anomalies we all sikhs have caste kshatri or khalsai caste (khalsa meri jaat ar paat ) and then we have misls and misls are not castes. But surnames have been recognised since gurusahibs times its how ppl recognize each other surnames can be egotistically used to define caste which most ppl do but these are 2 different things dont brainwashed by missionary parchar you will find n no of historical references of Singhs who did seva of the panth ex sardar jassa singh ahluwalia sardar jassa singh ramgarhia sardar sham singh attari bhangi misl sardars sardar rattan singh ji bhangu sardar hari singh nalwa and during gurusahibs times bhai nandlal goya and many more even guru gobind singh gives and account of their kul but it doesnt mean its castism do you mean to say all these were indulged in castism? Like the brother below says you don't want to do sutta vutta as it might lead to incest and may be a medical anomalie child why would you want to do that ?

On 11/27/2018 at 5:01 AM, Guest Sorrow said:

No you should not marry a girl from your mother's side because it would be likemarrying a cousin sister. In Punjabi it is called "vutta satta" - meaning when your mother married your father it was a acceptable rista but if you now marry a girl from your mum's side it will be almost like an "exchange." It is difficult to explain but if I was you I would not marry anyone with the same surname as my mum's maiden or dad's (own) surname. 

To avoid incest (ultimate problem) dobt marry anyone that has the same surname as your mum's maiden and your own surname.

Thanks brother and thank you all for great advise

It really depends on what your cultural  background is.. if it Jat then you are supposed to avoid both you mother's and your grandmother and grandfather's surname. However it all depends on how far your villages are to each other in Punjab. The way villages were founded in the old days were that a son would separate from his family and move a few miles away to found his own village. He would take some 'laagis' or workers from the so-called lower castes with him and over time his sons would marry girls from other villages far away and his daughters would marry boys in far off villages and move there. After a few hundred years there would be hundreds of the original founder's descendants  populating the original village. Some of these descendants would then found other villages some distance away and thus you would get clusters of villages with the same surname. The same would be case with the laagis because the descendants of the laagis would also move into the new founded villages. So this is the reason why persons of the same surname shouldn't be marrying. However if say your village is in Ludhiana and you want to marry a girl of the same surname whose village is in Patiala then I don't see that as a problem. You probably are related but over many hundreds of years ago and because over the last few hundred years there has been no mixing of genes then you probably share less genes than most people marrying someone of a different surname.  You are worried about genetic issues then you can get a test done which will show if you both share genes due to close kinship which might lead to genetic problems for your kids. 

On 11/30/2018 at 10:20 PM, Guest Asingh said:

Ya then go ahead and marry your own sister then if it ain't matter its not about caste its about not having mentally challenged kids or kids with medical anomalies.

lol, really ? Where did i say marry your sisters/cousins ?

and  How does marrying someone with same Surname as nankey make your kids mentally challenged ? XD

On 11/30/2018 at 1:50 AM, Amit12 said:

NOBODY wanted to answered cuz yeh fellas seems to be living in 1800s. Broooo this aint matter anymore.

If it's not the 1800s anymore, why do you even bother with a Guru from the 1700s? Or a Granth originally written in 1604?

The moral virtues are eternal.

Go ahead and marry your sister. You know full well what they call someone who does that in Punjabi. A bhen****. It's a disgusting, vile, despicable act done by despicable people.

But you go ahead and do it because it's not the 1800s anymore.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:50 AM, Amit12 said:

The question was about gots (clans), not castes. Gots are to be found in every "caste".

It doesn't matter if you're Khatri, Jatt, Ramdasia, Mazbi, etc., you can't marry your sister.

This should be so simple, stop thinking with your p*n*is.

On 11/25/2018 at 10:31 PM, Guest Guest said:

The reason elders did this was because of genetic variation in the off spring, personally living outside of india these things don't matter, a Singh marries a Kaur simple as that. 

Oh, yeah, because outside of India, the laws of genetics are suspended.

Great thinking, Sherlock.

You do know that in England, the percentage of Pakistanis with genetic defects far outpaces their small percentage of the population, don't you?

"Singh marries a Kaur"

Yeah, so your name's Singh, I suppose. Your sister's name is Kaur.

Simple as that.

23 minutes ago, Amit12 said:

lol, really ? Where did i say marry your sisters/cousins ?

You said it when you said "this aint matter anymore."

The female members of your clan (got) are all your sisters.

If it doesn't matter and you say you can marry someone with the same last name (got), then you're saying your can marry your sister.

That's disgusting.

Get a clue.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:44 PM, Guest Singh said:

So I’ve been introduced to someone that has the same last name as my moms maiden name.  I’ve always thought that this was frowned upon but everybody around me feels it’s not a big deal.  Any thoughts? 

Look, man, it depends on whether you want to live with ankh (pride).

We're a proud people. 

We don't marry our sisters, for crying out loud.

The people around you who feel it's not a big deal are losers.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:50 AM, Amit12 said:

it's not about caste , it's about inbreeding and health of the future sikhs , or do you want us to be like the hindus and muslims who marry into their own goth and have handicapped kids more than the average ?

It is the gian of genetics handed down from our gurus time , same way Guru Sahiban said if you smoke it will dry your family root up meaning no more of your bloodline and that has only just been realised by science that smoking affects the fertility not of yourself but your children and grandchildren etc.