When did you learn about the caste system?

Redoptics

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

I got to say bro (and I'm not saying you are doing this), but many juts seem to lie about poverty in their community. Are there no poor juts? Because only a few years ago there was an apparent epidemic of poor farmers killing themselves. Then we have the ongoing issue of water being diverted to other states. Does this not affect juts financially? 

Its true, jatts do lie about their poverty. Finances r another status thing. So jatts will do lots of things to get out of it. Most poor jatts immigrate. If they can scrape a few paise then study visa, if not then illegally. Most ppl send their son once to dubai at least. 

Thats one reason, jatt immigration is so big. My nana immigrated to bombey cuz he was poor. And my dad family to US. Because in panjab, the land is divided equally among all sons instead of all going to the eldest son as in the UK, the land gets smaller every generation. 

Plus because the jatts were landowners, they were expected to throw lavish weddings for their daughters and to give lohris etc.

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

There are many poor jatts! Many have just 2 or 3 fields.   Many jatts are in a very bad state.  In fact many jatts are financially struggling. Why do you think there are so many illegal immigrant jatt munde in the UK.

Some jatt houses are on the verge of collapse because they so poor. In my dad's pind we have some jatt family friends who are struggling so my dad helps them out when we go India. One jatt family didn't have a boiler so were having baths in freezing cold water, so my dad buyed a boiler system for them.

It's actualy very sad to see the state of some of these people, you need to strong when you listen to their stories, it's sad 

I don't understand why some people pick on jatts, farmer's are going through a very hard time in India 

Are you serious bro? 

Who practically owns all the Gurdwaras and their funds in Panjab (via the SGPC) now? 

Who keeps consistently projecting an image of wealth and affluence and perceived superiority via films and songs. And even if nonjuts are jumping on this bandwagon (like singers) for a buck, they are essentially pandering to an existing demand. 

That's the dysfunctional/schizogenic nature of jut society today. On one hand they are claiming all sorts of wealth, status and success due to their perceived inherent greatness, and on the other  they are poverty stricken and suffering a diminishment of status because of natural societal change. Two completely opposing narratives. 

26 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

We had that too with a tarkhaan family tho. Somehow a tarkhaan did something for my greatgrandfather and he and the tarkhaan became pagg-vat brothers (kind of like adoptive brother, you switch paggs) and they still visit our house, here in the US too. (But maybe cuz our grandma called them over to US)

Its kinda weird because we r so different. We r pendu and proud of it. While theyre all dressed up and polite. 

Yeah the aroras there basically were neighbours to my nanis paternal house and have been friends for generations so even when my nani got married off they still continued inviting her to family events. 

My mum said in those dsys there were no cars so they all used to walk it to their nanke. They used to wrap roti up in a sack in case they get hungry while walking. Now when we go india When we travel in a car on the same route my mum says she has flashbacks of them walking 

My nani passed away but they still invite us 

Yeah tarkhans and jatts have good relationship in punjab. In my dad's pind my family have good relation with the tarkhan houses 

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Are you serious bro? 

Who practically owns all the Gurdwaras and their funds in Panjab (via the SGPC) now? 

Who keeps consistently projecting an image of wealth and affluence and perceived superiority via films and songs. And even if nonjuts are jumping on this bandwagon (like singers) for a buck, they are essentially pandering to an existing demand. 

That's the dysfunctional/schizogenic nature of jut society today. On one hand they are claiming all sorts of wealth, status and success due to their perceived inherent greatness, and on the other  they are poverty stricken and suffering a diminishment of status because of natural societal change. Two completely opposing narratives. 

Yeah but what are the majority of jatts getting out of these songs and SGPC? Nothing 

Those songs are a delusion which keep the uneducated entertained. 

A minority of jatts are wealthy the majority are not.

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

You think you need to be strong to hear that ish. Try listening to some young grooming/sexual abuse victim and see how tough that is. 

Many jatts are living in poverty, their sons are crack heads, they are under debt, they are making very little money, just look at the suicide rate among farmer's.  It's tough.  It's not easy looking at how helpless they are. Imagine your kids having to bath in freezing cold water in winter because you can't  afford a boiler. 

The drugs and alcohol has also taken it's toll on these people. 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah but what are the majority of jatts getting out of these songs and SGPC? Nothing 

Those songs are a delusion which keep the uneducated entertained. 

A minority of jatts are wealthy the majority are not.

I got to say:

So the majority of juts are that useless that they can't even influence the minority in their own society? 

And there are holes in what you are saying bro. Most juts vote the Badals in. The Akali Dal essentially relies on jut clannishness for electoral success. The Badals/SGPC have access to unimaginable wealth. Juts wouldn't be voting them in unless they get something out of it (even if it is a bottle of whiskey).  

26 minutes ago, puzzled said:

There are many poor jatts! Many have just 2 or 3 fields.   Many jatts are in a very bad state.  In fact many jatts are financially struggling. Why do you think there are so many illegal immigrant jatt munde in the UK.

Some jatt houses are on the verge of collapse because they so poor. In my dad's pind we have some jatt family friends who are struggling so my dad helps them out when we go India. One jatt family didn't have a boiler so were having baths in freezing cold water, so my dad buyed a boiler system for them.

It's actualy very sad to see the state of some of these people, you need to strong when you listen to their stories, it's sad 

I don't understand why some people pick on jatts, farmer's are going through a very hard time in India 

btw I dont hate jat 

Back in India my family on nanke side in south dehl live in an affluent area and they had a very nice jat family living next door to them. They were a nice family who we have known for over 40 years being the neighbors. 

Unfortunately they had to move from the lovely house next door to us about 5 years ago. It was due to a family dispute. they were 4 brothers and 1 or 2 of them wanted their share of the house. So they had to sell up and now live in some worse place. Its a shame really we really enjoyed them as neighbors. But it was all caused by their family dispute of who owns their house.still keep in touch with them and were invited us to their daughter wedding which is happening early next year.