When did you learn about the caste system?

Redoptics

6 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Any particular place in Punjab? Or just in general?

All over really but more in Hindu dominated areas of Punjab. jats are the rickshaw and auto drivers. While the Hindu brahmins employ them as low paid laborers. 

Its a shame really Sikhs have become low down in their own homeland and Hindus from Punjab and outside have come in and take over. 

1 minute ago, Big_Tera said:

All over really but more in Hindu dominated areas of Punjab. jats are the rickshaw and auto drivers. While the Hindu brahmins employ them as low paid laborers. 

Its a shame really Sikhs have become low down in their own homeland. 

Sounds like things have changed, since I went  4 years back, is this the reason for people wanting Khalistan then ?

4 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Its a shame really Sikhs have become low down in their own homeland. 

LMAO   jatts do kethi/farming 

Rickshaw drivers are mainly dalits or Bihari UP migrants 

Just now, puzzled said:

Rickshaw drivers are mainly dalits or Bihari Up migrants 

I got to say bro (and I'm not saying you are doing this), but many juts seem to lie about poverty in their community. Are there no poor juts? Because only a few years ago there was an apparent epidemic of poor farmers killing themselves. Then we have the ongoing issue of water being diverted to other states. Does this not affect juts financially? 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Lol you do realize that many jatts and aroras/bhamans have food family relations in the pind and they invite each other to family events.

My nani passed away but the aroras from her paternal village still invite us to their weddings and other events. 

We had that too with a tarkhaan family tho. Somehow a tarkhaan did something for my greatgrandfather and he and the tarkhaan became pagg-vat brothers (kind of like adoptive brother, you switch paggs) and they still visit our house, here in the US too. (But maybe cuz our grandma called them over to US)

Its kinda weird because we r so different. We r pendu and proud of it. While theyre all dressed up and polite. 

7 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Rickshaw drivers are mainly dalits or Bihari UP migrants 

Okay not rickshaw riders but auto and taxi drivers and other low paid manual laborers.  Soon they will become rickshaw drivers as Hindus are to smart and savvy. They are Punjabi born aswell as outsiders moving in. 

Thev have taken over the farms and land of jat people. Who only can do bhangra in self defence. 

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I got to say bro (and I'm not saying you are doing this), but many juts seem to lie about poverty in their community. Are there no poor juts? Because only a few years ago there was an apparent epidemic of poor farmers killing themselves. Then we have the ongoing issue of water being diverted to other states. Does this not affect juts financially? 

There are many poor jatts! Many have just 2 or 3 fields.   Many jatts are in a very bad state.  In fact many jatts are financially struggling. Why do you think there are so many illegal immigrant jatt munde in the UK.

Some jatt houses are on the verge of collapse because they so poor. In my dad's pind we have some jatt family friends who are struggling so my dad helps them out when we go India. One jatt family didn't have a boiler so were having baths in freezing cold water, so my dad buyed a boiler system for them.

It's actualy very sad to see the state of some of these people, you need to strong when you listen to their stories, it's sad 

I don't understand why some people pick on jatts, farmer's are going through a very hard time in India