On 1/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, MisterrSingh said:

Sometimes young and impressionable guys need an older, more experienced hand to nudge them away from potentially dangerous situations and people. Some of us who sadly don't have a guiding hand in our lives are fortunate -- if fortunate is the right word -- to fall, suffer immensely, but still emerge from our tribulations a little more wiser albeit figuratively bruised. Some, like the young Singh who was killed, don't get that second chance. 

If he was a rapist, he'd be the dangerous one.

But one thing I have thought is how keeping males and females apart like is normal in the more conservative elements of our society lends itself to creating males and females who are clueless about the darker potential of socio-sexual dynamics. That's why you get so many ending up neck deep in seriously foul circumstances without having the slightest inkling of it coming. 

I think it is easier to teach young boys these things when they have an older that they look up to and respect. Girls is another thing altogether. They often perceive restrictive advice from concerned friends as disloyalty and 'girl-code' dictates that friends are loyal and supportive to each other no matter what, even when a girl is stupid and partaking in some seriously risky dumb crap. 

If SIngh was so innocent and pure, what was he doing meeting a girl on his own at her student digs, when the alleged sexual assault took place? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think katha of charitarpakhiyan in gurdware would be great and then a explanation of what you can learn from each story and put it into context of today's time and culture.  That would be great

Completely agree fella, i sometimes wish i lived under a rock in blissful ignorance of all of this kind of stuff, but hey, not the case, we live in a messed up world, just trying not to get messed up

I'm really lost for words, you can't make this stuff up, that dude best watch his back.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If he was a rapist, he'd be the dangerous one.

But one thing I have thought is how keeping males and females apart like is normal in the more conservative elements of our society lends itself to creating males and females who are clueless about the darker potential of socio-sexual dynamics. That's why you get so many ending up neck deep in seriously foul circumstances without having the slightest inkling of it coming. 

I think it is easier to teach young boys these things when they have an older that they look up to and respect. Girls is another thing altogether. They often perceive restrictive advice from concerned friends as disloyalty and 'girl-code' dictates that friends are loyal and supportive to each other no matter what, even when a girl is stupid some seriously risky dumb crap. 

If SIngh was so innocent and pure, what was he doing meeting a girl on his own at her student digs, when the alleged sexual assault took place? 

There is something else I was tempted to mention, but I thought it would be mean spirited considering the young guy died. But seeing as you raised the subject...

There is an arrogance and an "I know it all" attitude that's rather pervasive among young, somewhat successful Sikhs involved in certain movements and initiatives. They have very little life experience beyond their sheltered and rather mellow lives. They're dismissive of their others' advice or words of caution, and seem to labour the impression that they're somehow immune to the genuine threats out there. Being young and fearless is one thing, but succumbing to foolishness is unwise. Throw wealth / disposable income into the equation, and it's not a case of "if" things will go pear shaped but "when." 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If I recall rightly, he sent a text saying 'I just raped my best friend' the day after the alleged incident. 

Can't say i remember, but like i've already mentioned, to go and get someone killed for an alleged incident is a bit extreme, that's some Bollywood level stuff.

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Did you not read that RASE report?

I've read in in passing, it's aimed more at the grooming of females from the Sikh community, the part you've posted say's as much, if he did do that to her he should have been locked up, simple as, but as i've already said, she didn't say a thing until she was arrested (as far as i can remember).

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

Can't say i remember, but like i've already mentioned, to go and get someone killed for an alleged incident is a bit extreme, that's some Bollywood level stuff.

I've read in in passing, it's aimed more at the grooming of females from the Sikh community, the part you've posted say's as much, if he did do that to her he should have been locked up, simple as, but as i've already said, she didn't say a thing until she was arrested (as far as i can remember).

I was just making the point that many Sikhs are reluctant to go to the police about sexual abuse because of decades of 'inertia' on their part. 

Let's just agree that this is real murky stuff. I don't think anyone comes out clean from it. 

It could be that she thought that the Singh whose doing time was just going to batter the alleged rapist, but that bloke lost the plot and went overboard? Who knows?

Got to say, that Mahil bird sure knows how to move on........

20 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

There is something else I was tempted to mention, but I thought it would be mean spirited considering the young guy died. But seeing as you raised the subject...

There is an arrogance and an "I know it all" attitude that's rather pervasive among young, somewhat successful Sikhs involved in certain movements and initiatives. They have very little life experience beyond their sheltered and rather mellow lives. They're dismissive of their others' advice or words of caution, and seem to labour the impression that they're somehow immune to the genuine threats out there. Being young and fearless is one thing, but succumbing to foolishness is unwise. Throw wealth / disposable income into the equation, and it's not a case of "if" things will go pear shaped but "when." 

I don't know how being young and fearless comes into the equation but I do agree that the generally fawning response children from such wealthy families routinely get from the wider community can skew their perspective of the big bad world. 

I think the community is missing strong male sikh figures. People why can guide the younger lot.

Because of this lack of strong older male sikh figures there now is a clueless young generation who are folowng their feeling and emotions and not real reasoning. Younger people do not look at the wider picture.

How many prominent sikh figures are there in your town? 

There is no real talk in our community 

Talking about her, who remembers that slapper who was sleeping with her husband's best friend and then the both of them killed the husband while on holiday in India.  Her husband started keeping his hair and dhari and she didn't like it. 

31 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I was just making the point that many Sikhs are reluctant to go to the police about sexual abuse because of decades of 'inertia' on their part. 

Let's just agree that this is real murky stuff. I don't think anyone comes out clean from it. 

It could be that she thought that the Singh whose doing time was just going to batter the alleged rapist, but that bloke lost the plot and went overboard? Who knows?

Got to say, that Mahil bird sure knows how to move on........

Completely agree fella, i sometimes wish i lived under a rock in blissful ignorance of all of this kind of stuff, but hey, not the case, we live in a messed up world, just trying not to get messed up with it is the test.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I think the community is missing strong male sikh figures. People why can guide the younger lot.

Because of this lack of strong older male sikh figures there now is a clueless young generation who are folowng their feeling and emotions and not real reasoning. Younger people do not look at the wider picture.

How many prominent sikh figures are there in your town? 

There is no real talk in our community 

Yes there is this definitely. It's hard for some spirited boy to look up to and aspire to an older who (because of their notions of politeness and conservatism) is gentle, polite, quiet etc. and rests on the fact that they have properties and maybe an expensive German ride, more so when you clearly see olders in other communities who have these very things (and more) but still retain their masculine, aggressive essence. Masculine energy is so important - boys aspire to it, girls are attracted to it. Lose it and we have a generation of boys and girls looking elsewhere for strong models of behaviour. 

We need intelligent, socially-aware, rough and tough blokes. 

38 minutes ago, kcmidlands said:

Completely agree fella, i sometimes wish i lived under a rock in blissful ignorance of all of this kind of stuff, but hey, not the case, we live in a messed up world, just trying not to get messed up with it is the test.

I go back to this. Isn't this very thing a big part of charitrio pakyaan? 

I can't help but think we've been here before as a community and Guru ji sorted us out in this respect, but subsequent to the 'annexation' we lost a true touch with Dasam Granth and have fallen back into our previous ignorant lulloo stage again? 

I think katha of charitarpakhiyan in gurdware would be great and then a explanation of what you can learn from each story and put it into context of today's time and culture. 

That would be great for awareness, social dilemmas, taboo subjects etc 

Isn't that the whole point 

• Like 2
On 1/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, puzzled said:

I think katha of charitarpakhiyan in gurdware would be great and then a explanation of what you can learn from each story and put it into context of today's time and culture. 

That would be great for awareness, social dilemmas, taboo subjects etc 

Isn't that the whole point 

No the katha would only work if the sangat has a good understanding of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.   Too many people will be pulled by the graphic writing into kaam and miss the message.  Look at the missionaries.   They hear a story and all of a sudden they are running to the bathroom blushing.  Maybe certain stories that are not so graphic can be used but not all.  Even in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji their is a bit of graphic writing and the missionaries start blushing.  

UPDATE

Her husband has quit the idea of becoming mayor after all the controversy.

Apparently he has previously defended his wife by saying she has made a positive contribution to society  lol 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6593123/Labour-councillor-defends-soon-mayoress-wife-lured-besotted-millionaire-death.html#article-6593123