Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KhalistanYouth

Modern-day singhs being weak.

Recommended Posts

Modern-day sikhs/singhs aren't warriors, which is a shame.

Most of the actual sikhs in Canada especially are soft as they come,  they don't exercise, know how to fight, or stand their ground, instead they're pushovers, and I'm talking about the Sikhs who were born and raised in Canada they're either fat or really skinny with no muscle allowing them to become targets of bullying and crime, not only that they also lack confidence which is something every singh needs, as they should be brave and stand up for others.

We need to start making sikh youth work out from a early age and get them on a diet, make them work out and take fighting classes, it's not even just the youth, some adults are also lacking muscle and strength.

How are you expected to defend your faith and the people around you, if you aren't built to do so?

They carry kirpans but can't even use them properly lol. 

It's kinda ironic considering how the non-sikh punjabi people (the fakes) are the ones with the "lion courage"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 5:54 AM, KhalistanYouth said:

Modern-day sikhs/singhs aren't warriors, which is a shame.

Most of the actual sikhs in Canada especially are soft as they come,  they don't exercise, know how to fight, or stand their ground, instead they're pushovers, and I'm talking about the Sikhs who were born and raised in Canada they're either fat or really skinny with no muscle allowing them to become targets of bullying and crime, not only that they also lack confidence which is something every singh needs, as they should be brave and stand up for others.

We need to start making sikh youth work out from a early age and get them on a diet, make them work out and take fighting classes, it's not even just the youth, some adults are also lacking muscle and strength.

How are you expected to defend your faith and the people around you, if you aren't built to do so?

They carry kirpans but can't even use them properly lol. 

It's kinda ironic considering how the non-sikh punjabi people (the fakes) are the ones with the "lion courage"

Dear "So worried Brother", Today's fight with others is more Intellectual than physical Fight.

How do u even prepare for fight when you dont know the rules..... Brother.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree khalistanyouth.

Sikh kids are brought up soft, they are academics first and foremost. It’s important as Sikhs are supposed to be warrior saints, yet I’ve grown up hearing of Sikh boys being bullied especially by Muslims who are typically aggressive.

The most effective self defence marshal art to get your children to learn is boxing in my opinion. I would encourage all Sikh parents to send their children boxing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Testosterone. It needs to be upped.

Don't fall for the 'toxic masculinity' lie being pushed by society's engineers. They're currently in the process of emasculating the male body, soul, and mind; makes a takeover relatively straightforward when the males of the world -- who should traditionally band together and provide stern opposition -- are kvetching and succumbing to their neurosis on the sidelines.

Train your mind, too, else you'll be a strong-bodied individual without the necessary mental abilities to discern when you're being taken for a fool. You'll just be a blunt instrument; muscle for hire without the mental prowess to resort to a Plan B, C, or D when the situation calls for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 6:25 AM, Amit12 said:

Dear "So worried Brother", Today's fight with others is more Intellectual than physical Fight.

How do u even prepare for fight when you dont know the rules..... Brother.....

Read DG, it covers both the physical and intellectual aspects you talk about (as well as spiritual). One without the others is useless. Maybe you don't know the rules or are rewriting them because you don't want to make physical effort? 

 

But you point about poor intellectual faculties IS important - without it, we could have a bunch of physically strong pendus running around being tricked into fighting others battles oblivious to their own people's needs. Like we've had for the last one and a half century. 

Edited by dallysingh101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 1:25 AM, Amit12 said:

Dear "So worried Brother", Today's fight with others is more Intellectual than physical Fight.

How do u even prepare for fight when you dont know the rules..... Brother.....

Intellectual battles> Do you mean diplomacy? Or in court?

Or are you talking about witty come backs, and replies?

I hardly call those "battles" as no blood is shed.

The only time these "intellectual battles" matter is if you're a lawyer, or if you're into politics.

If someone tried to rob you, I doubt  having a "intellectual battle" would save you.

Kids are told stories of sikh warrior saints, but they do nothing to be like them, key word WARRIOR SAINT.

A combination of your "intellectual battles" and actual battles, yes violence is the last resort of course that's obvious so therefore Self-defense is a important aspect in order for us to keep  being warrior-saints and to preserve our history knowledge and faith with protection. 

You should not only be healthy in the mind and spirit, but in the body as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IshR said:

I agree khalistanyouth.

Sikh kids are brought up soft, they are academics first and foremost. It’s important as Sikhs are supposed to be warrior saints, yet I’ve grown up hearing of Sikh boys being bullied especially by Muslims who are typically aggressive.

The most effective self defence marshal art to get your children to learn is boxing in my opinion. I would encourage all Sikh parents to send their children boxing. 

 

Yes, all the sikh kids I know are either weak or fat, some of them get picked on, others are just isolated and are introverts lacking social skills, better parenting is needed, and a emphasis of self-defense and physical health  is needed to combine being a saint but as well as a warrior, nowadays a kirpan is just a decoration a fashion accessory.

We must instill confidence, bravery, and a great work out-regime/diet (and of course martial art classes)

And of course academic pursuits.

People see sikhs as hippies nowadays.

ALSO some sikhs get BULLIED to the point where they give up on their faith and religion and end up cutting their kesh because they don't know how to FIGHT BACK.

Edited by KhalistanYouth
Added another point>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Testosterone. It needs to be upped.

Don't fall for the 'toxic masculinity' lie being pushed by society's engineers. They're currently in the process of emasculating the male body, soul, and mind; makes a takeover relatively straightforward when the males of the world -- who should traditionally band together and provide stern opposition -- are kvetching and succumbing to their neurosis on the sidelines.

Train your mind, too, else you'll be a strong-bodied individual without the necessary mental abilities to discern when you're being taken for a fool. You'll just be a blunt instrument; muscle for hire without the mental prowess to resort to a Plan B, C, or D when the situation calls for it.

Can you recommend a good, simple book to read more about this - one I can get from a library or amazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Can you recommend a good, simple book to read more about this - one I can get from a library or amazon

No book, sadly. Just the accumulated fruits of my experiences and observations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how many times this topic keeps cropping again and again and again.

You wimps know what you need to do, just do it, stop making BS excuses.

Go to the gym and improve your fitness, lift weights.

Take up boxing and martial arts, learn to defend yourself.

It's not that hard, it is simple, just get off your ****

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I don't know how many times this topic keeps cropping again and again and again.

You wimps know what you need to do, just do it, stop making BS excuses.

Go to the gym and improve your fitness, lift weights.

Take up boxing and martial arts, learn to defend yourself.

It's not that hard, it is simple, just get off your ****

We look around in the hope others will join us in a brave breakaway from the norm. Stepping outside accepted conventions is a daunting task for most people; it's tougher for a community such as ours that's still conditioned to conform in many ways.

What I've learnt is that only those who have nothing to lose are brave enough to take that step into the unknown. The guy with a comfortable life who's pulling in 5 or 6 figures; has spacial living conditions, and a decent support system has no reason to upset the status quo that's provided him with the comforts he and his dependents have weaned themselves into believing they cannot survive without. That guy isn't going to lead the call for change. In fact, he'll try his utmost to temper the dissent because he realises it has the potential to upset his apple cart in the future.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

We look around in the hope others will join us in a brave breakaway from the norm. Stepping outside accepted conventions is a daunting task for most people; it's tougher for a community such as ours that's still conditioned to conform in many ways.

What I've learnt is that only those who have nothing to lose are brave enough to take that step into the unknown. The guy with a comfortable life who's pulling in 5 or 6 figures; has spacial living conditions, and a decent support system has no reason to upset the status quo that's provided him with the comforts he and his dependents have weaned themselves into believing they cannot survive without. That guy isn't going to lead the call for change. In fact, he'll try his utmost to temper the dissent because he realises it has the potential to upset his apple cart in the future.

That is one part of it for sure. 

Some of our people are too comfortable.

Our forefathers did not get where they were without stepping out of that comfort zone.

We as a community over intellectualise too much (particularly on this forum) It creates analysis by paralysis. 

That is one thing that the pendu unparh types have over us and that is take chances and not fear failure. 

It could be due to them having nothing to lose, it could be due to their hunger and desire. 

However, us intellectual comfortable types may need some discomfort if we want to maintain and appreciate the lives we have created for ourselves. 

You see this white collar boxing thing taking off with these guys that earn 6 figures. There is something clearly lacking in us.

We need to get it back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toughness is a psychological thing. Nothing to do with physique. 

Look at some black people.

Even a skinny short black dude will act tough and be feared. 

You see with blacks and some other marginalised youths/communities 

Many come from ghettos. No money or job. In and out of prison. They will fight anyone and everyone as they have nothing to lose in life. 

You want some law abiding hardworking Sikh to become like a ghetto thug. involved in crime and knifings and stabbing to be feared?

Sikhs need to use their intellect rather then their fists. 

 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You see this white collar boxing thing taking off with these guys that earn 6 figures. There is something clearly lacking in us.

We need to get it back.

Another unpopular opinion: these people (not white-collar boxers; generally, people with an inkling for the rough and tumble / slightly riskier side of existence) aren't emotionally blackmailed into conformity by religious or spiritual beliefs that lean too heavily to the side of inaction, pacifism, karmic balance ("what goes around, comes around" therefore we thumb the nose at the divine order of letting things take their course by taking matters into our own hands), etc. There's absolutely an aspect of these ideas that are true, but we seem to hide behind these truths because the alternative, equally valid opposite end of the spectrum, seems to be something we've been conditioned to believe that only "bad", unintelligent, unsophisticated people do. That was never the case in our heyday. Domestication, per se, has de-fanged us. We've lost that edge. We need to regain it, quickly.

Edited by MisterrSingh
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Yeah, and certain fudhus alienating and abusing Mazbhis in the pends, to the point of them converting to other faiths or trying to start their own ones really helps.......
    • This is a medical issue and not one for you to be turning to Sikhi I'm afraid. You ask for a 100 views and you'll get a 100 views from "amritdharis" who don't have the issue. Go to your doctor and take his/her advice. 
    • ।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।  Look at world history. There has not been 10 such figures like our Gurus coming one by one, with the same message, living the message and fighting for the truth. I think Vaheguru ji made 10 (11 if you count Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj or 12 for Guru Khalsa Panth too) so that we don't we don't doubt Maharaj's authority. So that we know that this is a miracle in and of itself that 10 Great beings came all doing amazing things and wasn't just some random events. the atheist may ask why couldn't Vaheguru ji just have made us know instantly from one Guru that they are messenger of the truth and teach only the truth. Well the answer here is that those who saw even one of our Gurus for seconds were transformed. By just hearing about Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib ji's Shaheedi we're amazed and that's just 1 of the Gurus. ਮੈਮੂਰਖਕੀਕੇਤਕਬਾਤਹੈਕੋਟਿਪਰਾਧੀਤਰਿਆਰੇ॥ I am just a fool, but millions of sinners just like me have been saved. ਗੁਰੁਨਾਨਕੁਜਿਨਸੁਣਿਆਪੇਖਿਆਸੇਫਿਰਿਗਰਭਾਸਿਨਪਰਿਆਰੇ॥੪॥੨॥੧੩॥ Those who have heard, and seen Guru Nanak, do not descend into the womb of reincarnation again. ||4||2||13|| And Also this is a game if love and not math or code with 0s and 1s. Sikhi is journey and getting the love for it needs you to actually go out of your way and find out how great the Gurus are yourself. The fact that 10 came, one by one enables us to have the prem for all the virtues displayed by the Guru even though they are unending.  just my mat on the matter, feel free to add more. ।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹਿ।
    • Cities have in general been hindu majority  Even b4 partition 
    • We need to concentrate on rural areas. The cities are infested with Hindus.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use