Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kidsama

Stop giving stupid reasons on Why we don't cut Hair.

Recommended Posts

When someone asks why Sikhs don't cut their hair, most people on the internet and in real life try to be oversmart and end up giving stupid reasons.

Like "hair is a gift from god and we honor that" or "it makes us stand out"  or "we maintain the form that god gave us" . Even if these answers are partially true, these are not the reason we keep our hair. So why do we keep our hair? Because the Guru said so. Simple as that. [ Sikh - student (of the Guru) ]

So when someone asks you, Why do you not cut your hair? Answer, because My Guru said so. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidsama said:

When someone asks why Sikhs don't cut their hair, most people on the internet and in real life try to be oversmart and end up giving stupid reasons.

Like "hair is a gift from god and we honor that" or "it makes us stand out"  or "we maintain the form that god gave us" . Even if these bs answers are partially true, these are not the reason we keep our hair. So why do we keep our hair? Because the Guru said so. Simple as that. [ Sikh - student (of the Guru) ]

So when someone asks you, Why do you not cut your hair? Answer, because My Guru said so. 

 

And if we cut our hair are we no longer Sikh? Are people with Kesh and dhari better then someone like a buddist monk who shaves his head? Or anyone that shaves his head for that matter. 

Also reminds of of this annoying kid. Who wore a parka. He used to go around saying to people. 'Are you a true Sikh'?

When he himself engaged in all kinds of bad behaviours but thought he was saint because he wore the turban. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

And if we cut our hair are we no longer Sikh? Are people with Kesh and dhari better then someone like a buddist monk who shaves his head? Or anyone that shaves his head for that matter. 

Also reminds of of this annoying kid. Who wore a parka. He used to go around saying to people. 'Are you a true Sikh'?

When he himself engaged in all kinds of bad behaviours but thought he was saint because he wore the turban. 

according to Guru ji yes we become patit i.e. non-sikh

listening to , then living in Guru's hukham is the first message of Japji Sahib after Mool Mantar.

the Patka is not a dastar it is just one step from rumal on jooda as it has no lads no sikh wore patkey before the eighties, and no rumal before the seventies. It is pure backsliding of parents

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From tankhanama bhai nand lal ji

ਬਚਨ ਹੈ ਸ੍ਰ੍ਰ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਕਿ ਜੋ ਕੋਈ ਸਿਖ ਦਾ ਬੇਟਾ ਹੋਏੇ ਔੌਰ ਮੋਨਾ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਵੈ

Bachan hai srrrī gurū jī kā ki jō kōī sikh dā bēṭā hōē aaur mōnā hōi jāvai

This is the directive of Guru, that if the son of a Sikh shaves the head,

ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ : ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਪੰ. ੧੪੮

ਤਸਿ ਕੀ ਜੜ੍ਹ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸ ਕੀ, ਔੌਰ ਜੋ ਮੋਨਾ ਸਿਖ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਵੈ ਤਸਿ ਕੀ ਜੜ੍ਹ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹਰੀ ॥

Tasi kī jaṛhhh sa kī, aaur jō mōnā sikh hōi jāvai tasi kī jaṛhhh harī ॥

His posterity will be ruined, and if a shaven one becomes Sikh, his descendants will flourish.

ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ : ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਪੰ. ੧੪੯

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰ੍ਰ੍ਰੀ ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਸੰਪੂਰਨੰ ॥

Iti srī tankhaāh nāmā sampūrnan ॥

This concludes the Code of punishment

ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ : ਤਨਖ਼ਾਹ ਨਾਮਾ ਪੰ. ੧੫੦

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kidsama said:

When someone asks why Sikhs don't cut their hair, most people on the internet and in real life try to be oversmart and end up giving stupid reasons.

Like "hair is a gift from god and we honor that" or "it makes us stand out"  or "we maintain the form that god gave us" . Even if these bs answers are partially true, these are not the reason we keep our hair. So why do we keep our hair? Because the Guru said so. Simple as that. [ Sikh - student (of the Guru) ]

So when someone asks you, Why do you not cut your hair? Answer, because My Guru said so. 

 

I agree    some sikhs also try to find scientific justifications   which I find really silly          

Keeping hair and dhari is a hukham   simple as 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

And if we cut our hair are we no longer Sikh? Are people with Kesh and dhari better then someone like a buddist monk who shaves his head? Or anyone that shaves his head for that matter. 

Also reminds of of this annoying kid. Who wore a parka. He used to go around saying to people. 'Are you a true Sikh'?

When he himself engaged in all kinds of bad behaviours but thought he was saint because he wore the turban. 

lmao. Why do insecure people like you always bring the topic to themselves? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I agree    some sikhs also try to find scientific justifications   which I find really silly          

Keeping hair and dhari is a hukham   simple as 

well said, it's a hukam simple as. 

But to be fair, there are probably spiritual reasons for letting hair grow to it's full length, even probably physical benefits.. but as sikhs we should just follow Guru's Hukam.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kidsama said:

well said, it's a hukam simple as. 

But to be fair, there are probably spiritual reasons for letting hair grow to it's full length, even probably physical benefits.. but as sikhs we should just follow Guru's Hukam.  

simple answer : My Waheguru makes no mistakes so there's nothing to correct...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥
The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

devte and rishis etc grew their hair out. The vedas were written by the rishis who received them through meditation. 

Buddhists shave it because for them it represents  attachment to the world. 

In some indian religions hair is associated with beauty and attachment so they shave them off    which symbolizes them leaving the materialistic world behind.  It's the reason why north indian women traditionally cover their heads when doing pooja or going mandir  because for them hair represents beauty (ego)  so they cover it.

Different schools of thought in india have had various beliefs when it comes to hair.

In judaism Samsons mother was told not to ever cut his hair. 

We have been given the hukham to keep it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, puzzled said:

devte and rishis etc grew their hair out. The vedas were written by the rishis who received them through meditation. 

Buddhists shave it because for them it represents  attachment to the world. 

In some indian religions hair is associated with beauty and attachment so they shave them off    which symbolizes them leaving the materialistic world behind.  It's the reason why north indian women traditionally cover their heads when doing pooja or going mandir  because for them hair represents beauty (ego)  so they cover it.

Different schools of thought in india have had various beliefs when it comes to hair.

In judaism Samsons mother was told not to ever cut his hair. 

We have been given the hukham to keep it. 

I heard that those buddhists that follow Nanak lama keep their kesh ... goes to show what Guru ji said about kesh  keeping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, kidsama said:

When someone asks why Sikhs don't cut their hair, most people on the internet and in real life try to be oversmart and end up giving stupid reasons.

Like "hair is a gift from god and we honor that" or "it makes us stand out"  or "we maintain the form that god gave us" . Even if these answers are partially true, these are not the reason we keep our hair. So why do we keep our hair? Because the Guru said so. Simple as that. [ Sikh - student (of the Guru) ]

So when someone asks you, Why do you not cut your hair? Answer, because My Guru said so. 

 

You think saying "My Guru said so" is a better answer than accepting God's will etc..?  So, what if you told some gora that, and he said "ya, but do you know why your Guru asked you to keep your hair?"... Then what answer would you give? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Akal Warrior said:

You think saying "My Guru said so" is a better answer than accepting God's will etc..?  So, what if you told some gora that, and he said "ya, but do you know why your Guru asked you to keep your hair?"... Then what answer would you give? 

why do you need to justify to a Gora? This is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks for saying this. 

Because of this attitude, people add their own reasons "like accepting God's will" etc. But Guru Ji never said this. Guru Ji simply gave Hukam, and as Sikh we follow.

Trust me if you are worried about how this answer of might come off, it's a lot more impressive  than giving a reason like "we live in Gods image" . And because that is a made up answer there could easily be many objections to that. 

The real question and topic of this post is, Why do you feel the need to Justify Guru's Hukam of keeping hair by adding your own made up reasons. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kidsama said:

why do you need to justify to a Gora? This is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks for saying this. 

Because of this attitude, people add their own reasons "like accepting God's will" etc. But Guru Ji never said this. Guru Ji simply gave Hukam, and as Sikh we follow.

Trust me if you are worried about how this answer of might come off, it's a lot more impressive  than giving a reason like "we live in Gods image" . And because that is a made up answer there could easily be many objections to that. 

The real question and topic of this post is, Why do you feel the need to Justify Guru's Hukam of keeping hair by adding your own made up reasons. 

For me it's more why do you have to be all controversial and rude with your new troll account?  

Nobody asked for your input on these topics. You need to do you Kid and if you got something to add here be respectful. Or be dismissed like the troll you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

For me it's more why do you have to be all controversial and rude with your new troll account?  

Nobody asked for your input on these topics. You need to do you Kid and if you got something to add here be respectful. Or be dismissed like the troll you are. 

triggered by my meat post and now you came here. You "lol" at the Dasam Granth and call me disrespectful. I am done talking with you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Guest Nihang Singh
      Khalsa ji, first of all u wont see a ghost as they will never come near a sikh.Think do deers come to lions,No. Lions always hunt deers.Lion are sikhs as we are sons of shri guru gobind singh ji. If a ghost comes to u , take ur kirban and say wageguru ji ki fateh.
    • yh osho was head of a cult and other weird stuff but he makes a good point in this video, gandhi basically played the poor man to convince majority of indians to follow him.  gandhis image was well crafted by his team.   
    • Did you see anyone in your family looking like this?  That must be a trip!
    • There is a reason why saas are tough on their naus.  We tend to pity daughter in laws but most of us men miss on so much subcommunication between women. We tend to overlook some of the intra female dynamics.  Most of our families are built on this dynamics.
    • After years of neglect, Pakistan plans restoration of Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s father’s samadhi After decades of unwillingness to protect the Sikh heritage, the Gujranwala district administration has planned restoration and preservation of Maha Singh’s tomb. Written by Divya Goyal | Ludhiana | Updated: January 16, 2020 3:47:05 pm     In Gujranwala of Pakistan’s Punjab province, known for its pehelwans (wrestlers) and kebabs, lying tucked under decades of ignorance and neglect are the heritage treasures related to the roots of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Hari Singh Nalwa, the commander-in-chief of Sikh Khalsa Fauj–the warrior king’s army. While Lahore, where he lived and has his samadh (tomb) went on to become synonymous to Sher-e-Punjab (Lion of Punjab), as he is known, it is Gujranwala where lies Ranjit Singh’s roots – his ancestral haveli (also his birthplace), his father Maha Singh’s tomb, Sherewalan Bagh Baradari and the ancestral haveli of Nalwa. After decades of unwillingness to protect the Sikh heritage, the Gujranwala district administration has planned restoration and preservation of Maha Singh’s tomb, located in the premises of Sherenwala Bagh but is now a crumbling structure with encroachments.  “The Baradari still has beautiful intricate peacocks etc carved in its interiors. A madrasa functions from the ancestral haveli of Nalwa,” said Haider Khan, who traces his lineage to royal family of Bahadurgarh, now in Jhajjar of Haryana. (Express) Sohail Ashraf, deputy commissioner, Gujranwala has written to the Chief Secretary, Punjab asking for funds for site’s restoration and opening it for tourism.   Maha Singh (alias Mahan Singh), the ruler of Sukherchakia misl in Punjab, was too a mighty Sikh warrior and credited for conquering the sprawling Rohtas Fort. Speaking to The Indian Express over phone, Haider Khan, assistant commissioner of Nowshera Virkan said, “We recently got all encroachments removed from the tomb of Maha Singh. Now a proposal has been sent for site’s restoration and conservation. The tomb was illegally occupied and some people had converted it into a godown for storing paint drums, chemicals etc which have been removed now.”  The tomb of Maha Singh, father of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, in Gujranwala of Pakistan is in a deplorable state. The structure is now encroached from all sides. (Express photo) “Along with Maha Singh’s tomb, there is a beautiful Baradari (a structure having twelve gates) also from Ranjit Singh’s period and it was all a part of Sherenwalla Bagh. The Baradari still has beautiful intricate peacocks etc carved in its interiors. A madrasa functions from the ancestral haveli of Nalwa,” added Haider Khan, who traces his lineage to royal family of Bahadurgarh, now in Jhajjar of Haryana. A preliminary observation note prepared by DC Gujranwala and assistant commissioner Nowshera Vikran, reads: “The Sheranwala Bagh has a ‘Barra Darri’ (12 sides open structure) in the middle of the garden. The garden was linked to the Samadhi of Maha Singh, which has been illegally encroached upon by land grabbing mafia. A government school has also been built on the land of already deteriorating samadhi thus posing threat to the structure and to the pupils of the school. To add insult to the injury, some land grabbers have been using this place as a godown for stocking oil barrels and chemicals related to paints. Inside of samadhi there are beautiful paintings engraved on the walls. Due to misuse by the land grabbers, those have been damaged and now require restoration. The Deputy Commissioner Gujranwala stressed that all these sites have an immense potential for Religious Tourism / Sikh Religious/ Cultural Tourism and can yield a lot of revenue for government. Forgoing in view, it has been decided that all these structures may be taken up for immediate restoration / rehabilitation by Lahore Walled City Authority (LWCA) and a committee comprising member of LWCA, Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETBP), district administration may be notified for the said purpose and funds and expertise may also be requested from government of Punjab”.  Roots of trees shooting from walls of tomb of Maha Singh. (Express photo) After the field visits of six heritage sites in Gujranwala, a fresh “Note for Information and Approval for Chief Secretary Punjab” was also written by the DC on December 21, 2019. “Smadhi Maha Singh Ji (father of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh Ji) – This structure was in deplorable condition. This beautiful massive structure has been encroached upon by a government girls’ school and many residential buildings. There was water well also situated next to the Smadhi, which was built by Maharaja, the well was used for watering the garden. Now the school administration has closed the well. The passage to Smadhi from Sheran Walla Bagh has been closed after the building of the school. Now the passage to Smadhi is from the main bazaar. The condition of the Smadhi was not good. The floor was filled with the paint chemicals, used oil boxes, empty cartons and oil drums etc. Paint was splashed on the walls. The roof is covered with trees, bush and shrubs etc and the roots of these have made their way into the ceiling and walls. The load of trees have caused the roof to bend downwards, it is feared that the roof of the varanda may cave in, if restoration work is not initiated in time. Upon seeing this situation, I have ordered immediate removal of all encroachers and materials from the premises of Smadhi Maha Singh,” a portion of the note reads.  Damaged interiors of the tomb have been turned into a godown illegally. (Express photo) About the Baradari and Sheranwala Bagh, the note further adds, “The Sheran Walla Bagh was constructed and developed by Maharaja Ranjeet Singh. In the garden, there is a 12-darri (12-sided open structure) with painted walls of Sikh era and presence of peacock painting is on every wall. Unfortunately, the garden has shrunk to a few Kanals as illegal encroachments have been done by various quarters of the society. Over the years this place has become hub of drug addicts and gamblers. The “Akharas” i.e. wrestling arenas have disappeared due to encroachments”. The note concludes by urging the chief secretary to grant funds for restoration works of heritage sites. “If a small amount of budget is allocated for the preservation and rehabilitation of the historical structures, we can not only save our heritage but can also earn a lot of foreign exchange from Sikh community living abroad,” it reads. “We have got all encroachments removed from Maha Singh’s samadhi. Now, once chief secretary gives his approval and funds are allocated, restoration work will start,” said Haider Khan. The five other heritage sites in Gujranwala proposed for restoration include: Jain Mandir, Mandir Atma Ram ji (Samadhi Charat Singh), Sheran Wala Bagh, Haveli and birthplace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Mandir Bahampr-e-walla.   For all the latest Pakistan News, download Indian Express App  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use