3 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

lot of angry comments after his interview on sikh channel , the coconut even refused to speak panjabi .

But the documentary was on BBC, why would he speak Punjabi?

1 minute ago, BhForce said:

But the documentary was on BBC, why would he speak Punjabi?

no he was interviewed about his programme showing tonight geddit?

10 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

lot of angry comments after his interview on sikh channel , the coconut even refused to speak panjabi . Not holding out any hopes for anything more than a self-congratulating piece which assasinates sikhi's cultural values

Sunny and Jagraj were both born and raised in India, I think Sunny was 12 when he came over to the UK.

He would be a pretend coconut.

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Sunny and Jagraj were both born and raised in India, I think Sunny was 12 when he came over to the UK.

He would be a pretend coconut.

nah you can be a coconut even if you are born and raised in the motherland it's an attitude thing  , don't you remember stJohn (sinjin) urf SUrjeeeeth!! from goodness gracious me ... I mean I have had coconut aunties and uncles   as well as work collegues (especially guju ones)  brown on the outside but pure balathi gorey on the inside .

2 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

nah you can be a coconut even if you are born and raised in the motherland it's an attitude thing  , don't you remember stJohn (sinjin) urf SUrjeeeeth!! from goodness gracious me ... I mean I have had coconut aunties and uncles   as well as work collegues (especially guju ones)  brown on the outside but pure balathi gorey on the inside .

My definition of coconut is bit different to yours. 

There is a term that is used for people like him in India. And he still has a bit of the accent that you don't lose after you live your formative years in the motherland. 

i just watched   its like he couldnt decide what he wanted the program to be about, he squeezed in everything     bhai jagraj singh, interfaith marriage, sikhs in britian etc       he was trying to make sikh youth look like radicals. 

cant believe that some sikh man actually wanted to organize nagar kirtan at a mosque!  <banned word filter activated>!!    im glad that the youth protested and made sure that it didnt happen     stupid dimwits like him shouldnt be allowed to organize anything  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

There is a term that is used for people like him in India. 

Well, why be coy? Share with us. 

9 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

And he still has a bit of the accent that you don't lose after you live your formative years in the motherland. 

How is his accent relevant? If Jagraj Singh spoke with an accent (whether of India or any other country), and Sunny made fun of it, would that be OK?

We're opposed to Sunny because of his despicable views, not because of things which aren't his fault.

How does this make us any better than him?

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

i just watched   its like he couldnt decide what he wanted the program to be about, he squeezed in everything     bhai jagraj singh, interfaith marriage, sikhs in britian etc       he was trying to make sikh youth look like radicals. 

The one thread tying all this together is his hatred for his cultural and religious background.

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

cant believe that some sikh man actually wanted to organize nagar kirtan at a mosque!  

Huh? By definition you can't have a nagar kirtan in a mosque because the kirtan is supposed to be in the nagar (town). Or does that mean he wanted to start the nagar kirtan from the mosque?

27 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Well, why be coy? Share with us. 

How is his accent relevant? If Jagraj Singh spoke with an accent (whether of India or any other country), and Sunny made fun of it, would that be OK?

We're opposed to Sunny because of his despicable views, not because of things which aren't his fault.

How does this make us any better than him?

Brown Sahib /McCaulyite. 

His background has everything to do with it because it makes it easier understand his viewpoint.

16 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Brown Sahib /McCaulyite. 

Hmm. Who was McCauly?

16 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

His background has everything to do with it because it makes it easier understand his viewpoint.

OK, so I think you're saying he feels ashamed for having an accent, and to make up for it he sucks up to the BBC establishment.

14 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Hmm. Who was McCauly?

OK, so I think you're saying he feels ashamed for having an accent, and to make up for it he sucks up to the BBC establishment.

You need to Google MacCauley in the Indian Education system. 

Chill yawl, you have to understand the world that SH wants to be a part of. It's about virtue signalling, telling other people how to think, right think, face value diversity but the same mindset, tick boxing, relativism etc. He's a chumcha , classic brown noser who wants to get in with those he admires. Is he a new type of human? No they have been around from day 1. Usually reflects a deep unhappiness and traumatic upbringing 

I think the documentary was good . It did not do justice to the interfaith marriage , just showed one view but did not actually explain what Anand Kharaj is and why Sikhs oppose interfaith marriage if the other party do not believe in maharaj jis values.  I think that part of the footage portrayed Sikhs as thugs. Bhai Jagraj Singh summed it up well , "where do we get our sikhi from" , how qualified are we to comment on sikhi. ( which made me think , how much Sikhi do I know and follow …….very little )

The Singhs who covered their faces , why ? They should have explained what Maharaj Ji is telling the sangat , rather than covering up faces , trying to hide something. Be proud and truthful so one can stand anywhere in the world without covering up because one is speaking and acting  truthfully.

From the documentary I think Sunny is realizing what Sikhi is and the message Jagraj Singh has been preaching . Which is a good thing .

The message about sikhi camps I think was true , where the sangat get more from Sikhi Camps than the Gurudawara in terms of spirituality, dialogue , information easy to understand etc.. This I think we need to learn upon and bring into the Gurudawaras more.

I think documentaries around Sikhi should be positive , encouraging and motivating because Sikhi is that and much more . Issues that effect the Sangat which relate to Sikhi such as Anand Kharaj , should show both views and not snippits and I guarantee you the Gurus message will come on top all the time.

The beautiful message of Sukhmani Kaur when Sunny was saying he doesn't feel anything relating to Sikhi , she replied its because you need to experience it and not just read it for knowledge.

36 minutes ago, DSG said:

I think the documentary was good . It did not do justice to the interfaith marriage , just showed one view but did not actually explain what Anand Kharaj is and why Sikhs oppose interfaith marriage if the other party do not believe in maharaj jis values.  I think that part of the footage portrayed Sikhs as thugs. Bhai Jagraj Singh summed it up well , "where do we get our sikhi from" , how qualified are we to comment on sikhi. ( which made me think , how much Sikhi do I know and follow …….very little )

The Singhs who covered their faces , why ? They should have explained what Maharaj Ji is telling the sangat , rather than covering up faces , trying to hide something. Be proud and truthful so one can stand anywhere in the world without covering up because one is speaking and acting  truthfully.

From the documentary I think Sunny is realizing what Sikhi is and the message Jagraj Singh has been preaching . Which is a good thing .

The message about sikhi camps I think was true , where the sangat get more from Sikhi Camps than the Gurudawara in terms of spirituality, dialogue , information easy to understand etc.. This I think we need to learn upon and bring into the Gurudawaras more.

I think documentaries around Sikhi should be positive , encouraging and motivating because Sikhi is that and much more . Issues that effect the Sangat which relate to Sikhi such as Anand Kharaj , should show both views and not snippits and I guarantee you the Gurus message will come on top all the time.

The beautiful message of Sukhmani Kaur when Sunny was saying he doesn't feel anything relating to Sikhi , she replied its because you need to experience it and not just read it for knowledge.

Having watched it I agree with most of what you've said, the whole interfaith marriage portion was in there because that's where the two brother's fell out (i do feel it was given way too much time though), i just wish they used someone who wasn't covering their face and was born and bred into Sikhi from the UK to get the point across.

It was nice getting insight from their mother and seeing how he went on the path he did but the last five minutes stood out when he spoke to his wife,  she echoed the message Jagraj preached.

4 hours ago, BhForce said:

The human psyche can be really strange and varies enormously, even across families. For some, it only takes a single or a few bad experiences to affect them for life. This is what I presume happened to SH. But, we have differing levels of mental strength, and I presume Bhai Jagraj Singh was blessed with a stronger psyche that didn't prevent him from experiencing the beauty of his heritage when he explored it as an intelligent adult. And if you've been given nadar, it can be a transformative experience.