Sign in to follow this  
kidsama

We are in Dwapaur Yug.. ?

I had thought that we were still in Kal Yug, but now I personally believe that we have well passed Kal Yug and are infact in Dwapaur Yug, for various reasons. I want to ask if Sikhi says anything on when Kal Yug will end, or if Sikhi is somehow against the fact that we are in Dwapaur Yug now. 

I think we are still in the early stages of kaljug, maharaj has written in nehkalank Avtar what will  happen in kaljug, some of it is happening now but more will come in the later years. 

Plus I’m sure Khalsa Raj will come in kalyug, I think it will last 14,000 years and be a mini satyug within kalyug. Then it’ll go back to kalyug again. Then Kalika will change the time back to satyug. 

Didn’t kaljug come to guru Nanak dev ji and explained it’s his raaj. I doubt kalyug is already over within 400 years. 

29 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Bani says we are in kalyug 

Definitely kalyug brother. Lol. I'd say I feel you, and totally agree on that, but I know you're quoting Bani and what we think is beside the point. 

1 hour ago, kidsama said:

I had thought that we were still in Kal Yug, but now I personally believe that we have well passed Kal Yug and are infact in Dwapaur Yug, for various reasons. I want to ask if Sikhi says anything on when Kal Yug will end, or if Sikhi is somehow against the fact that we are in Dwapaur Yug now. 

I am genuinely very curious though, and I can tell you must have thought on that, care to share what makes you see things that way?

44 minutes ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

I think we are still in the early stages of kaljug, maharaj has written in nehkalank Avtar what will  happen in kaljug, some of it is happening now but more will come in the later years. 

Plus I’m sure Khalsa Raj will come in kalyug, I think it will last 14,000 years and be a mini satyug within kalyug. Then it’ll go back to kalyug again. Then Kalika will change the time back to satyug. 

Didn’t kaljug come to guru Nanak dev ji and explained it’s his raaj. I doubt kalyug is already over within 400 years. 

Also very curious Veer Ji what sources you're drawing from?

19 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Definitely kalyug brother. Lol. I'd say I feel you, and totally agree on that, but I know you're quoting Bani and what we think is beside the point. 

I am genuinely very curious though, and I can tell you must have thought on that, care to share what makes you see things that way?

Also very curious Veer Ji what sources you're drawing from?

Karni Nama about Khalsa Raj 

gurprataap suraj Granth 

I remember it from a Katha I heard of Giani sheer Singh 

bhai Rama Singh Ji’s vision of Khalsa Raj in their book “manmukh to Gurmukh” is where most of the info is from. 

also just various kathas and speaking to singhs. 

sorry I can’t give exact sources just what I can remember from the top of my head 

1 minute ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Karni Nama about Khalsa Raj 

gurprataap suraj Granth 

I remember it from a Katha I heard of Giani sheer Singh 

bhai Rama Singh Ji’s vision of Khalsa Raj in their book “manmukh to Gurmukh” is where most of the info is from. 

also just various kathas and speaking to singhs. 

sorry I can’t give exact sources just what I can remember from the top of my head 

Shukria Veer Ji. What little Dasam Granth Ji Bani I've read has blown my mind, and instilled a great interest into that side of Sikhia. 

I sometimes have this strange thought. What if we are in the yugs are existing simultaneously?

Maybe the yugs are contextual? 

I’ve also heard that the 4 jugs are a mental thing. Satjug being the time when you are doing simran or bani with dhiyaan, then slowly getting into treta when coming to the end of your nitnem, dwapur is once you’ve finished your nitnem and now doing other things but you are still in a little way connecting to bani, kalyug is when you’re constantly ingrained in thoughts and attacked by 5 chor. 

Those that have ajapa jaap simran happening in their body 24/7 through immense jaap and gurprsaad are constantly in satyug. Which is how we can all be living in the same time frame, however mentally living in different jugs. 

bhul chuk maaf. 

ਚਾਰਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਕਰਿ ਥਾਪਨਾ ਸਤਿਜੁਗ ਤ੍ਰੇਤਾ ਦੁਆਪਰੁ ਸਾਜੇ।

Chaari Jugi Kari Daapanaa Satijugu Traytaa Duaapar Saajay |

The four Ages (yugs) were established and the first three were given names Satyug, Treta, Dvapar. Fourth one was Kaliyug.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੧

ਚਉਥਾ ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਥਾਪਿਆ ਚਾਰਿ ਵਰਨਿ ਚਾਰੋਂ ਕੇ ਰਾਜੇ।

Chauthaa Kalijugu Daapiaa Chaari Varani Chaaron Kay Raajay |

And four castes came to be known as the kings of four ages. Brahmin, kshatriya, vaishya and sudhra became predominate in each age.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੨

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਣ, ਛਤ੍ਰੀ, ਵੈਸ, ਸੂਦ੍ਰ, ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਏਕੋ ਵਰਨ ਬਿਰਾਜੇ।

Brahamani Chhatree Vaisi Soodri Jugu Jugu Ayko Varan Biraajay |

In Satiyug, Vishnu is said to have come to earth as Hansavaar and explained the problems pertaining to

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੩

ਸਤਿਜੁਗਿ ਹੰਸ ਅਉਤਾਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਸੋਹੰ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ਪਾਜੇ।

Satijugi Hansu Autaaru Dhari Sohan Brahamu N Doojaa Paajay |

metaphysics (The story is there in the eleventh canto of the Bhagvat Purana), and nothing but one soham-Brahm was discussed and pondered upon.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੪

ਏਕੋ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੀਐ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਬੇਮੁਹਤਾਜੇ।

Ayko Brahamu Vakhaaneeai Moh Maaiaa Tay Baymuhataajay |

Getting indifferent to maya, people would praise one Lord.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੫

ਕਰਨਿ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਬਨਿ ਵਿਖੈ ਵਖਤ ਗੁਜਾਰਨਿ ਪਿੰਨੀ ਸਾਗੇ।

Karani Tapasiaa Bani Vikhai Vakhatu Gujaarani Pinnee Saagay |

They would go to forests and pull on life by eating natural vegetations.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੬

ਲਖ ਵਰ੍ਹਿਆ ਦੀ ਆਰਜਾ ਕੋਠੇ ਕੋਟਿ ਨ ਮੰਦਿਰ ਸਾਜੇ।

lakh I Varhiaan Dee Aarajaa Kothhay Koti N Mandari Saajay |

Though they lived for lacs of years but they would construct the palaces, forts and grand mansions.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੭

ਇਕ ਬਿਨਸੈ ਇਕ ਅਸਥਿਰੁ ਗਾਜੇ ॥੫॥

Ik Binasai Ik Asadiru Gaajay ||5 ||

On the one hand the world was passing away and on the other the life current would go stably.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੫ ਪੰ. ੮

ਤ੍ਰੇਤੇ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ਰੂਪ ਧਰਿ ਸੂਰਜ ਬੰਸੀ ਵਡਿ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ।

Traytay Chhatree Roop Dhari Sooraj Bansee Vadi Avataaraa |

In Treta in the Sun-dynasty descended in the form of the kshatriya(Ram) a great incarnation.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੧

ਨਉ ਹਿਸੇ ਗਈ ਆਰਜਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ਪਸਾਰਾ।

Nau Hisay Gaee Aarajaa Maaiaa Mohu Ahankaaru Pasaaraa |

Now the nine portions of age lessened and illusion,attachment and ego inflated.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੨

ਦੁਆਪੁਰਿ ਜਾਦਵ ਵੇਸ ਕਰਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਅਉਧ ਘਟੈ ਆਚਾਰਾ।

Duaapuri Jaadav Vans Kari Jugi Jugi Audh Ghatai Aachaaraa |

In Dvapar, Yadav-dynasty came to the forefront i.e. the incarnation of Krsna became known to the people; but because of the lack of good conduct, Age by Age, the life span(of man) went on decreasing.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੩

ਰਿਗ ਬੇਦ ਮਹਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਕ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਪੂਰਬ ਮੁਖਿ ਸੁਭ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਚਾਰਾ।

Rig Bayd Mahi Braham Kriti Poorab Mukhi Subh Karam Bichaaraa |

In the Rgveda the conduct of the brahmin and the ideas about the actions done facing the East were discussed.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੫

ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਥਾਪੇ ਜੁਜਰੁ ਵੇਦਿ ਦੇਖਣ ਮੁਖਿ ਬਹੁ ਦਾਨ ਦਾਤਾਰਾ।

Khatree Daapay Jujaru Vaydi Daykhan Mukhi Bahu Daan Daataraa |

Kshatriyas became related to the Yajurveda and started pouring charities while facing the South.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੫

ਵੈਸੋਂ ਥਾਪਿਆ ਸਿਆਮ ਵੇਦੁ ਪਛਮ ਮੁਖਿ ਕਰਿ ਸੀਸੁ ਨਿਵਾਰਾ।

Vaison Daapiaa Siaam Vaydu Pachhamu Mukhi Kari Seesu Nivaaraa |

The vaishyas embraced the Samaveda and bowed to the West.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੬

ਰਿਗਿ ਨੀਲੰਬਰਿ ਜੁਜਰ ਪੀਤ ਸ੍ਵੇਤੰਬਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਸਿਆਮ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ।

Rigi Neelabari Jujar Peet Saytanbari Kari Siaam Sudhaaraa |

Blue dress for Rgveda, yellow for Yajurveda and for singing of the hymns of Samaveda wearing of the white dress became a tradition.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੭

ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਧਰਮ ਉਚਾਰਾ ॥੬॥

Trihu Jugee Trai Dharam Uchaaraa ||6 ||

Thus three duties of the three Ages were enunciated.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੬ ਪੰ. ੮

ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਚਉਥਾ ਥਾਪਿਆ ਸੂਦ੍ਰ ਬਿਰਤਿ ਜਗ ਮਹਿ ਵਰਤਾਈ।

Kalijugu Chauthaa Daapiaa Soodr Birati Jag Mahi Varataaee |

Kalijug became prevalent as the fourth age in which the low instincts gripped the whole world.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੧

ਕਰਮ ਸੁ ਰਿਗਿ ਜੁਜਰ ਸਿਆਮ ਕੇ ਕਰੇ ਜਗਤੁ ਰਿਦਿ ਬਹੁ ਸੁਕਚਾਈ।

Karam Su Rigi Jujar Siaam Kay Karay Jagatu Ridi Bahu Sukachaaee |

People became resultant in performing of the duties enjoined in the Rig, Yajur and Samaveda.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੨

ਮਾਹਿਆ ਮੋਹੀ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਕਲਿ ਕਲਿ ਵਾਲੀ ਸਭਿ ਭਰਮਾਈ।

Maaiaa Mohee Maydanee Kali Kalivaalee Sabhi Bharamaaee |

The entire earth got enticed by mammon and the antics of the Kalijug put everyone into delusion.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੩

ਉਠੀ ਗਿਲਾਨਿ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜਲੈ ਲੁਕਾਈ।

Uthhee Gilaani Jagatri Vichi Haumai Andari Jalai Lukaaee |

Hatred and degeneracy engrossed the people and ego burnt oneand all.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੪

ਕੋਇ ਨਾ ਕਿਸੈ ਪੂਜਦਾ ਊਚ ਨੀਚ ਸਭਿ ਗਤਿ ਬਿਸਰਾਈ।

Koi N Kisai Poojadaa Ooch Neech Sabhi Gati Bisaraaee |

Nobody now worships anyone and the sense of respect for the younger and elder has vanished into thin air.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੫

ਭਏ ਬਿਅਦਲੀ ਪਾਤਸਾਹ ਕਲਿ ਕਾਤੀ ਉਮਰਾਇ ਕਸਾਈ।

Bhaay Biadalee Paatsaah Kali Kaatee Umaraai Kasaaee |

In this cutter age the emporers are tyrants and their satraps butchers.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੬

ਰਹਿਆ ਤਪਾਵਸੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਚਉਥੇ ਜੁਗਿ ਜੋ ਦੇਇ ਸੁ ਪਾਈ।

Rahiaa Tapaavasu Trihu Jugee Chauday Jugi Jo Dayi Su Paaee |

The justice of three ageshas become extinct and now whosoever gives something (as bribe) gets (justice?).

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੭

ਕਰਮ ਭ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸਭਿ ਭਈ ਲੋਕਾਈ ॥੭॥

Karam Bhrisati Sabhi Bhaee |okaaee ||7 ||

The mankind has become wanting in dexterity of action.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੭ ਪੰ. ੮

6 hours ago, kidsama said:

kalyug is supposed to last 360,000 years  and we are only 5,500 years in so you work it out , Khalsa raj yet to come is supposed to be for 14,000 years uninteruppted however Khalsa who is rehitvaan and naam abhiyaasi lives in satyug state inside whilst the rest of the world languishes in kalyug's influence

ਕਲਜੁਗੁ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਆ ਪਗ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਖਿਸਕੀਆ ਪਗੁ ਚਉਥਾ ਟਿਕੈ ਟਿਕਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੧॥

Kalajug Har Keeaa Pag Thrai Khisakeeaa Pag Chouthhaa Ttikai Ttikaae Jeeo ||4||4||11||

The Lord ushered in the Dark Age, the Iron Age of Kali Yuga; three legs of religion were lost, and only the fourth leg remained intact. ||4||4||11||

ਆਸਾ (ਮਃ ੪) ਛੰਤ( ੧੧) ੪:੬ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੪੬ ਪੰ. ੪
Raag Asa Guru Ram Das

You can in a way say that the yugs are a internal battle as well.   Just how you can make your home into swarg or narak. Have meat, sharab, swear words in your house with no Sikhi or respect for the gurus then you have created narak in your house. 

I read somewhere how in each yug the "battle" narrowed down, like in satyug the battles used to be between the gods and demons, massive battles in the universe between them

and then in threta ram came down to earth and the battle was between two empires/kings   ram vs ravaan

and then in dwapar the battle was within the family and mahabharat took place between the kauravs and pandavs

and now in kalyug the battle in within us    a inner conflict between the vices and our soul/dharam 

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Not really bro, I didn't think too much, it's just a feeling, but I can list out some main points.

I heard that as KalYug progresses it supposes to get darker and darker ( worse and worse), but I feel we have passed the worst times already.  Like Mughal raj, where there was no value on human life, people would be picked up on a whim and fed to dogs and hounds of the royal. And slavery for example, all around the world for 100's of years. I feel like we are in the upward cycle now, things are getting better. I mean compare today to back then, what can be worse than that? Those were the darkest times. And that's when the Guru's came. 

I also heard that in Dawapur Yug, energy is supreme. In Kal Yug gross and matter is how the world works. Today everything is done by energy (electricity). And so I would believe that late 1800 is when Dwapur started..

Also aren't people becoming more conscious nowadays? Idk, I am not 100% on my beliefs, they are flexible. But to believe that times are getting worse and worse and will continue to for 100,000s of years is such a limiting thought. 

2 hours ago, kidsama said:

Not really bro, I didn't think too much, it's just a feeling, but I can list out some main points.

I heard that as KalYug progresses it supposes to get darker and darker ( worse and worse), but I feel we have passed the worst times already.  Like Mughal raj, where there was no value on human life, people would be picked up on a whim and fed to dogs and hounds of the royal. And slavery for example, all around the world for 100's of years. I feel like we are in the upward cycle now, things are getting better. I mean compare today to back then, what can be worse than that? Those were the darkest times. And that's when the Guru's came. 

I also heard that in Dawapur Yug, energy is supreme. In Kal Yug gross and matter is how the world works. Today everything is done by energy (electricity). And so I would believe that late 1800 is when Dwapur started..

Also aren't people becoming more conscious nowadays? Idk, I am not 100% on my beliefs, they are flexible. But to believe that times are getting worse and worse and will continue to for 100,000s of years is such a limiting thought. 

I appreciate your perspective. Thank you for sharing. 

When Guru Nanak dev ji came, it was aboit few hundred years passed of 5000. So according to it we are near about 5700 yrs of kalyug.

(source- sant ishar singh ji)

they used to say that now” 5000 saal ton upper and 6000 to kush ghat da time chal reha hai”

also, the kalyug came after the death of Raja Prikshit( grandson of Arjun) , Arjun and Krishna were of almost same age.

krishna died about 100 yrs before kalyug and their scriptures say that krishna died 5000 yrs ago from now. So if we consider this fact even then its about 5000 plus 100 means 5100 yrs of kalyug.