Sign in to follow this  
dharamyudh

A Modern Day Singh Sabha Movement?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh                                                                                                                            

This is a discussion thread I've been meaning to make for a while now. Now is a time where I believe such a movement is necessary for the Sikh panth. For those whom may not know, the Singh Sabha movement  (Punjabi: “Society of the Singhs”) Was a 19th-century movement within Sikhi that began as a defense against the proselytizing activities of Christians and Hindus. Its chief aims were the revival of the teachings of the Sikh Gurus (spiritual leaders), the production of religious literature in Punjabi, and a campaign against illiteracy.  It seems we have found ourselves in a similar situation. We all have seen the news. Everyday it seems like something new happens. Conflict after conflict, internal fighting, piss poor leadership, lack of parchar/education among the youth, caste discrimination, I mean the list could go on and on. 

Should there be a modern day Singh Sabha movement? How would a modern day Singh Sabha movement even look like? What would the main goals be? How would those goals be achieved?

• Like 1

I believe it should consist of people who are truly passionate about Sikhi. Emphasis should be placed upon taking our gurdwaras back and abolishing the committee system and the SGPC. Opting back for the Panj Pyare form of leadership. Setting up various teams of gursikhs to be sent all across Panjab/India to spread Sikhi and to educate. Bring back regular Sarbat Khalsa meets in our to plan. Of course, follow in the same suit for the West. However, set up more programs to educate the youth. Turn the gurdwara into what it once was. Teach raag, teach martial arts/fitness.

We practically gotta fix what our elders have done. They had to work under the British system and look how it turned out. Rather than reform... We really gotta work backwards. Returning to what we once were.

• Like 1

If there was to be one, then it will need to fix the committee system of SGPC, its pretty messed up

It will also need to set boundries and seperate us from these liberal new age so called sikhs who think they can do what ever they want

It will also need to help stop these RSS idiots from doing there thing

1 hour ago, dharamyudh said:

I believe it should consist of people who are truly passionate about Sikhi.

Yes, it should

We can't have the so called money hungry sikh leaders we have today to be in charge

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

Should there be a modern day Singh Sabha movement? How would a modern day Singh Sabha movement even look like? What would the main goals be? How would those goals be achieved?

In India, they'll label you 'Khalistani' and and kill you. Diaspora, majority are into Punjabi culture and than Sikhi...

We should spread Sikhi to Africa, Eastern European, Russia...however we need financial investments. We should also invest making films about the Sikh Misl era etc..but against need alot finances to able to that...like in the billions 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

We should spread Sikhi to Africa, Eastern European, Russia...however we need financial investments. We should also invest making films about the Sikh Misl era etc..but against need alot finances to able to that...like in the billions 

Wow... 😧 Am I actually reading this?

If Sikhi to you is a ‘religion’ which needs spreading you are very lost.

That said, I do appreciate I’m replying to someone who’s interest appears political not spiritual. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Singh375 said:

Wow... 😧 Am I actually reading this?

If Sikhi to you is a ‘religion’ which needs spreading you are very lost.

That said, I do appreciate I’m replying to someone who’s interest appears political not spiritual. 

Teach about Sikhi...like Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji set out to do...so the world knows about Sikhi  and we'll be able to have our Khalsa Raj..

My bad wording  apologies Ji...Sikhi is the truth its not a religion i know ...

Point is we dont have much voice in India, we know whats happening but here in West we need to start ppl telling about Sikhi the Khalsa Raj not a watered down version of 'Sikhi' or 'Hippy 3ho' version...more than we are just about 'free food' and langar 

Bhul Chuk Maff  🙏

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:34 AM, dharamyudh said:

Now is a time where I believe such a movement is necessary for the Sikh panth.

Veer Ji, today’s Sikhs can’t even sit together in one gurdwara without starting a fight. This idea of movements, or Khalistan is never going to work. If Khalistan was made a few years later it would be divided into sections because everyone will be power crazy and want to be in control. 

My honest advice, because all I want is the best for you, is to focus on building your jeevan. Make your nitnem stronger, increase your naam abiyaas.

I don’t really get involved with this type of threads, but I’ll share one thing. Khalsa raj already exists. True Khalsa is someone who’s soul becomes pure white doing simran. These people exist today and are like rajas (kings), because souls from the whole creation are constantly lining up to do their darshan, their hukam works in the entire creation. For now they live gupat. 

The reason ‘we’ aren’t getting raj yet is we are not worthy. Many Sikhs today look beautiful from the outside but are empty within. When you do simran you can see right through people.

There was a young boy who took Amrit, he’d attend gurdwara every evening wearing chola, dumalla with shastar and chakar, big kirpan over top and even bigger kirpan in his hand. One evening it was raining so I dropped him home, only a 10min journey but he had so many questions about simran. I went home thinking about arranging a time with him to sit down and discuss simran, but a strong feeling inside me kept saying no. So I kept watching him quietly. 5 years later he cut his hair, trimmed his beard, now posts videos on Instagram every night of getting drunk with ‘the boys’.

I think it’s fair to say we could all benefit by increasing our time spent on simran 🙏🏼

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Singh375 said:

Veer Ji, today’s Sikhs can’t even sit together in one gurdwara without starting a fight. This idea of movements, or Khalistan is never going to work. If Khalistan was made a few years later it would be divided into sections because everyone will be power crazy and want to be in control. 

My honest advice, because all I want is the best for you, is to focus on building your jeevan. Make your nitnem stronger, increase your naam abiyaas.

I don’t really get involved with this type of threads, but I’ll share one thing. Khalsa raj already exists. True Khalsa is someone who’s soul becomes pure white doing simran. These people exist today and are like rajas (kings), because souls from the whole creation are constantly lining up to do their darshan, their hukam works in the entire creation. For now they live gupat. What we all refer to as Khalsa raj is a snap point, where God decides enough paap has happened and on mass people will die and go to hell. Only those worthy of being called Khalsa will be spared and they will step forth to manage the world. In their administration of the world no one will suffer.

The reason ‘we’ aren’t getting raj yet is we are not worthy. Many Sikhs today look beautiful from the outside but are empty within. When you do simran you can see right through people.

There was a young boy who took Amrit, he’d attend gurdwara every evening wearing chola, dumalla with shastar and chakar, big kirpan over top and even bigger kirpan in his hand. One evening it was raining so I dropped him home, only a 10min journey but he had so many questions about simran. I went home thinking about arranging a time with him to sit down and discuss simran, but a strong feeling inside me kept saying no. So I kept watching him quietly. 5 years later he cut his hair, trimmed his beard, now posts videos on Instagram every night of getting drunk with ‘the boys’.

I think it’s fair to say we could all benefit by increasing our time spent on simran 🙏🏼

100 percent agree with this. Our people are crooked. We slander, discriminate, and fight among ourselves. My concern is really just taking back our gurdwaras and returning to our Gurus system with the Panj Pyare. It hurts seeing the state of the panth. The lack of parchar and knowledge about Sikhi. Everyone is money hungry. They keep on boasting on about Khalistan but fight over little things. 

• Like 2

Give it any name, but the main objective should be to bring us the awareness of the supreme importance of the teachings in the Bani, to make possible our union  with our origin, Waheguru Akal Purukh.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 8:34 AM, dharamyudh said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh                                                                                                                            

This is a discussion thread I've been meaning to make for a while now. Now is a time where I believe such a movement is necessary for the Sikh panth. For those whom may not know, the Singh Sabha movement  (Punjabi: “Society of the Singhs”) Was a 19th-century movement within Sikhi that began as a defense against the proselytizing activities of Christians and Hindus. Its chief aims were the revival of the teachings of the Sikh Gurus (spiritual leaders), the production of religious literature in Punjabi, and a campaign against illiteracy.  It seems we have found ourselves in a similar situation. We all have seen the news. Everyday it seems like something new happens. Conflict after conflict, internal fighting, piss poor leadership, lack of parchar/education among the youth, caste discrimination, I mean the list could go on and on. 

In a modern day Singh Sabha movement, would the Dal Khalsa retake Akal Takht after being removed by the previous Singh Sabha which is now represented by SGPC? Would Dal Khalsa (budha dal tarna dal) be given more control like they had pre-colonial times?

Would we reintroduce more Dasam Granth readings which were stopped by previous Singh Sabha?

On 8/8/2020 at 5:25 PM, Kau89r8 said:

We should also invest making films about the Sikh Misl era etc..but against need alot finances to able to that...like in the billions 

Search SGPCs budget. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

In a modern day Singh Sabha movement, would the Dal Khalsa retake Akal Takht after being removed by the previous Singh Sabha which is now represented by SGPC? Would Dal Khalsa (budha dal tarna dal) be given more control like they had pre-colonial times?

Would we reintroduce more Dasam Granth readings which were stopped by previous Singh Sabha?

Yeah. Basically, we gotta work backwards. The first Singh Sabha removed a lot of things. More of a revivalist movement. It could go under a whole different name. Leadership has to consist of those who are passionate about Sikh. The Khalsa should be the ones running the panth anyways. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tamansingh123 said:

Search SGPCs budget. 

a lot of it is spent on badal's chaa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, dharamyudh said:

Yeah. Basically, we gotta work backwards. The first Singh Sabha removed a lot of things. More of a revivalist movement. It could go under a whole different name. Leadership has to consist of those who are passionate about Sikh. The Khalsa should be the ones running the panth anyways. 

oh yes, and also I remember there was unification of Jathas under Nawab Kapur Singh, unification in Dal Khalsa and then split under Budha Dal and Tarna Dal. Do we need another reunification, maybe absorb some of the colonial era jathas into the dals?

If there was a sarbat Khalsa held by dal Khalsa to do this, if we are able to  get the Budha Dal leader to be respected again like Nawab Kapur Singh, Jassa Singh Ahluwalia and Akali Phoola Singh, then these jathe could be absorbed into Dal Khalsa and keep the anti-dasam views and corrupted maryadas in-check. Anyone unwilling to join  would be treated like maybe the Phulkian states, they were the ones who kept out of Dal Khalsa right? might have got the states wrong but I am sure there were some Singhs who didn't join Dal Khalsa during Misl era and Ranjit Singh kingdom era.

22 hours ago, Tamansingh123 said:

Search SGPCs budget. 

That is pretty crazy...but in reality its peanuts around $160 million...whereas check out the Christian Vatican, Muslim Jewish Hindus lobby therio in the BILLIONS....we need panthic Billionaires..

But the SGPC can still do alot even if they used a fraction of that in Punjab, help the shaheed families, pay for lawyers those stuck Sikhs Jail. the farmers an..end the Christian missionaries and list goes on...but they'll all corrupt ...even better if we had better leaders create a investment fund where we can multiply the money and use it for panthic causes..like Khalsa Investment etc

Either way, we should focus does in West become financially successful and creating a  lobby like rest have..money talks!

• Like 1