Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

horses are extremely spiritual animals

5 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

The beef Muslims and Jews have with the Trinity itself is firstly it goes against any previous teaching of God being one and one only and secondly there is no evidence to support the concept of the Trinity from the New Testament and plenty of evidence against the fact from that very same book.

Previous? Whats previous here? According to muslim beliefs? U are talking about Sikhi, in a Sikh forum and giving an example of islamic prophets and teachings of god

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

I'll ask again since you went on a mad one waffling. Try to comprehend the question and then read it a thousand times, think about it, dwell on it, ask your husband his thoughts on it and then give an answer, ready go...

What gives Sikh history eye witness accounts any more weight than other religious eye witness accounts?

Gurus werent god, but they had the power of god. Plus they choose to die. If they dint want to die, they could have chosen not to die, but they accepted what god wanted. Banda Singh Bahadur had such powers that he can make a person fly. But when he was captured, he could have used those powers, but instead choose to live by gods will. 

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

How many of you on this forum lack reading comprehension? I'm speaking ONLY of the Abrahamic faiths here, not Sikhi.

Make a thread on whether any of the Guru's were God or not, from my interactions some of you think they were God and others think not.

But from the Jewish tradition have you ever heard of the followers of David, Moses or Abraham drinking the blood or urine of Jewish prophets? Only the early Muslims did this.  You have to admit Muslims like the Christians before them deviated from the Judaic tradition that you claim a link you. All this is available in the Hadiths. Maybe you should study your own religion before trying to disprove others. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Clearly you haven't watched any of the refutation videos I have provided in my posts as oppostion to your Guru Wood's claims and you continue to spout the same crap like a broken record just like your Guru Wood. I knew Hinduvtas looked up to Wood as a Devta but didn't know Sikhs looked up to him as a Guru, embarrassing. You've shown yourself to be a complete waste of time, live in your ignorance lad, be careful not to embarrass yourself in public using your Guru Wood's arguments.

How many hours a day do you spend on here mate? Do you have nothing better to do. This is a SIKH forum, not some paki sh1t.

Stop arguing and shut up as you have been defeated on several other threads. You keep coming to new threads and talk sh1t.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

So just some casual racism hey and that from a female Sikh. Hindus also think they defeat people in arguments with their cow God rhetoric, you're all welcome to dream. Irony is you can't defeat anyone in an argument because Sikhi does not possess any argument for it's truth, it's all about feelings and tingling sensations. Come to think of it Hinduism also doesn't have an argument for it's truth, another similarity to add to the list between Hinduism and Sikhi, which apparently has no connection to Hinduism.

Sikhi is a dharmic faith with much shared traditions and culture with all the other dharmic streams of thought, some more and some not so much. For myriad of current political and social reasons you might hear sikhs state things otherwise, but it's factually incorrect. Most of us understand and acknowledge this. It's not something we're ashamed of, apart from the fringe groups  that re-interpret sikhi as being devoid of all links to sanatan/"hindu" mat. You really have to remove the islamic lens to get a better view. It gets frustrating for some members because we don't hold the same confrontational attitude you bring to this Sikh forum. This is not a place of great apologetics debates. It's a place where a few active members pass on advice and share thoughts with the younger learners who come and go. What this means is that you will get a mixture of replies according to the various understandings of the few members of this forum. Perhaps you should read more researched material (which is scarce in English, to be honest) if that’s to your liking. Most of our traditional and modernist scholarship is limited to Punjabi. It will take longer for us to fully reach English scholarship levels of the bigger religions.

Just some observations and suggestions after having read your various arguments in various threads. Perhaps this forum just isn’t what you require.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

@MuslimNeighbour, a couple of things.

Firstly,  when I asked you a direct question, on whether or not an omnipotent God could enter creation if he so wishes, you brushed it to the side saying you don't care. Well, this is an important question, because the answer will potentially undermine your whole understanding of God. If you say he cannot, then simply put, you do not believe God is omnipotent. If you do, however, agree, then you have to postulate that God can manifest as a human, whether it's Guru Nanak Maharaj, the Avtars, Jesus etc. But your unwillingness to answer a direct question indicates deception. Please show some intellectual integrity and answer the question. We believe an omnipotent God can manifest as a human in his creation, because he's OMNIPOTENT. What's your opinion?

Secondly, on the point of Jesus not claiming to be God. Of course he did. Have you even read the bible? If you did, you'd know that Jesus did claim to be God on many occasions. This is in fact such an obvious thing. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

So just some casual racism hey and that from a female Sikh. Hindus also think they defeat people in arguments with their cow God rhetoric, you're all welcome to dream. Irony is you can't defeat anyone in an argument because Sikhi does not possess any argument for it's truth, it's all about feelings and tingling sensations. Come to think of it Hinduism also doesn't have an argument for it's truth, another similarity to add to the list between Hinduism and Sikhi, which apparently has no connection to Hinduism.

And Islam does, does it? Please do enlighten us on this special truth which only Islam claims to have?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

All religions have some similarities. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Koi said:

Firstly,  when I asked you a direct question, on whether or not an omnipotent God could enter creation if he so wishes, you brushed it to the side saying you don't care. Well, this is an important question, because the answer will potentially undermine your whole understanding of God. If you say he cannot, then simply put, you do not believe God is omnipotent. If you do, however, agree, then you have to postulate that God can manifest as a human, whether it's Guru Nanak Maharaj, the Avtars, Jesus etc. But your unwillingness to answer a direct question indicates deception. Please show some intellectual integrity and answer the question. We believe an omnipotent God can manifest as a human in his creation, because he's OMNIPOTENT. What's your opinion?

Secondly, on the point of Jesus not claiming to be God. Of course he did. Have you even read the bible? If you did, you'd know that Jesus did claim to be God on many occasions. This is in fact such an obvious thing. 

intellectual integrity implies that there is some intellect there, I fear he is incapable of processing a single thing  beyond his premeditated script ; which we are not running along  with that's why he slips the questions then claims some sort of 'victory' . pathetic really

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Muslimneighbour  a few points of similaritiy between Islam and Hinduism

1. reliance on scriptures not written at all by founders

2. staunch support of stone worship  , kissed a meteor lately  or thrown stones at a pillar ?

3. claiming to be monotheistic but rely on pantheistic entites

4. bloodline of priests which promotes exclusivity

5. hidden but supported racism

6. they are the chosen ones

7. they have the only truth

8 both believe in heaven hell

you sure you are not a hindu ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

How many of you on this forum lack reading comprehension? I'm speaking ONLY of the Abrahamic faiths here, not Sikhi.

So why are u talking with the sikhs if u wanna discuss abrahamic beliefs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Make a thread on whether any of the Guru's were God or not, from my interactions some of you think they were God and others think not.

Im not the spokesman for everyone but gurus aint gods. And u can make it and ask us about it. 

27 minutes ago, Tamansingh123 said:
Im not the spokesman for everyone but gurus aint gods. And u can make it and ask us about it. 

Gur parmeshar eko jaan

God has 3 forms - parkash, shabad, bhram giani (10 gurus come in this category)

Talking about human forms of god is impossible because Bhram giani ki gat bhram giani jaane. You need to be at that level to understand it. Maybe the best thing to say is they were one with God. 

Anyone ever done sangat of a bhram giani? The amount of nimrta they have is crazy - that’s the most significant thing about them, they are the dust of everyone’s feet. Even a small boy they would call him Bhai Sahib Ji. 

Yes our Gurus never referred to themselves as God because they came to attach us with shabad

Our main goal is to attach with shabad Guru - this is how we will be liberated 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koi said:

Hi all I'm new to the forum.

Just thought I'd try to answer this. I'm a Muslim but not an expert on the faith. But I will try to answer this question.

If we define what a human is the I think that you will all agree that a human is a mortal being, a human can be hurt and for example we have alot of weakness like we need to eat and drink to survive.

If we then say God came to the world as a human e.g. like Jesus - well how can God then be called God? Because as a human you can die, you need to eat to survive, you need to drink and do all other human activities such as sleep. If God was to become human - this is out of the question for God to want/need to take a form of life that's beneath him. It's not one of Gods characteristics that he has all these dependencies that us humans have. He's is all mighty and self sustaining. If that makes sence.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, CuriousMuslim said:

Hi all I'm new to the forum.

Just thought I'd try to answer this. I'm a Muslim but not an expert on the faith. But I will try to answer this question.

If we define what a human is the I think that you will all agree that a human is a mortal being, a human can be hurt and for example we have alot of weakness like we need to eat and drink to survive.

If we then say God came to the world as a human e.g. like Jesus - well how can God then be called God? Because as a human you can die, you need to eat to survive, you need to drink and do all other human activities such as sleep. If God was to become human - this is out of the question for God to want/need to take a form of life that's beneath him. It's not one of Gods characteristics that he has all these dependencies that us humans have. He's is all mighty and self sustaining. If that makes sence.

Welcome to the forum. 

Firstly, I like your manners. Even if we disagree on things, the mutual respect and manners should always be there.

Why is it out of the question for God to want or need to take any form? These are parameters that you are attempting to enforce on to God in an attempt to get Him to fit in your mental construct. The moment you say that according to your logic God cannot do xyz, that whole reasoning falls apart because you are trying to limit God to your understanding and attempting to dictate what He should or should not do.

Hence why I tried to make the question as simple as possible. If an almighty omnipotent God chooses to take human form, He can do so, because he has the power and will to do so. For Sikhs, it's really that simple. Hope that makes sense.

With regards to my second point about Jesus claiming to be God, I'll wait for the other guy to respond, or you can give it go if you like👍🏾

• Like 1