Sign in to follow this  
ADMIN

Takeover or Handover of SikhSangat forum

On 9/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, ADMIN said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

We think that it is now the time where SikhSangat should be passed down to the young generation who are capable of running it well. We are in thinking stage of passing it down by next year. The founders (2 of us) are now in late 30's and are busy with jobs, family and other social work. We are not like of our old generation type folks who wants to keep control of things forever. We are also willing to handover it to the capable Organization. Of course there will be some conditions such; takeover person/org must have proven good panthic record and 100% partial (ex. not exclusively belonging to one jathabandi etc..), not a missionary of course. 

Just an idea...

What are the views of forum members? No step to be taken without sangat's opinion.

Stay in Chardikala
S1ngh

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

Veerji maybe you could chose some people and then create a poll ,that ends on 31 dec 2020 for example, so that the sangat can vote and decide who they feel is worthy of the position.

Bhul Chuk Maf 😀🙏

1 hour ago, Shaheed4life said:

Veerji maybe you could chose some people and then create a poll ,that ends on 31 dec 2020 for example, so that the sangat can vote and decide who they feel is worthy of the position.

Wrong move. Anonymous internet polls skew reality. Most people will just troll or vote for themselves.

The admins should decide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Wrong move. Anonymous internet polls skew reality. Most people will just troll or vote for themselves.

The admins should decide.

Okay ya that makes sense. @ADMIN ignore my post above 😀🙏

• Like 3

wjkk wjkf sangat ji

There are many active members of this forum. one of us should come forward to do this sewa. instead of getting someone from outside. Admin and few long term members can decide this wisely. 

note:- I am not very good at computer or internet and stuff, otherwise I would have raise my hand for this Sewa.

I am thankful to the current Admin for doing this Sewa.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:02 PM, MisterrSingh said:

I won't derail the topic, but to answer the question, it's a human to desire to belong to something exclusive. Long-term, from a Sikh perspective, it weakens the overarching super-structure instead of strengthening it. How? Because it allows other non-benevolent factions to emerge (either organically through well-meaning albeit misguided personalities OR entities and groups with an insidious agenda designed to disrupt and fracture) who argue their legitimacy; that they are as justifiable in their existence as the earlier groups. With factions comes conflict. Job done.

I would be opening a can of worms here but then again isn't it the way of nature to create divergences and "forking" . Forking is a term I use from software development lol wherein one source code base is taken up by two different teams working on it parallely and after s time we end up with two different products , sometimes with different features added. This is again an extension of real life natural analogy in which members of  one species separated by some barrier, say a mountain ridge will end up evolving into 2 different species given enough time to pass. 

It's interesting to note the effects of same principle on religious communities. The one I feel resonates closest with Sikhs are the Jews (let's ignore usury for a moment lol) but jews are akin to Sikhs in the sense of chronic historical persecution, exodus and spread of their diaspora around the globe. It exile of Jews lasted for 2 thousand years and we see there are various sects : hasidic, Ashkenazi , haredi etc etc . 

Sikhs have only been migrating since atmost 100 yrs. I wonder how will it be with us in long term though I pray it isn't such a long exile for Sikhs. 

3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I would be opening a can of worms here but then again isn't it the way of nature to create divergences and "forking" . Forking is a term I use from software development lol wherein one source code base is taken up by two different teams working on it parallely and after s time we end up with two different products , sometimes with different features added. This is again an extension of real life natural analogy in which members of  one species separated by some barrier, say a mountain ridge will end up evolving into 2 different species given enough time to pass. 

It's interesting to note the effects of same principle on religious communities. The one I feel resonates closest with Sikhs are the Jews (let's ignore usury for a moment lol) but jews are akin to Sikhs in the sense of chronic historical persecution, exodus and spread of their diaspora around the globe. It exile of Jews lasted for 2 thousand years and we see there are various sects : hasidic, Ashkenazi , haredi etc etc . 

Sikhs have only been migrating since atmost 100 yrs. I wonder how will it be with us in long term though I pray it isn't such a long exile for Sikhs. 

We're nothing like them, bro. To compare us to them is an insult to us. Our religion's dharmic roots are unquestionably sublime. They, as many are coming to suspect, are silent worshippers of Lucifer (the fallen angel), and not the "God" humanity assumes is the Oneness that created everything. But I'm not going into that here.

3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Jews are not the same as Sikhs. 

The dynamics are different. 

On 9/23/2020 at 3:49 AM, ADMIN said:

Sure brother. You are off moderation.

Thank you Boss! May God keep you in Chardi Kala always and thank you very much for your patience, sir! I have certainly learnt my lesson. Cheers!!