Punjabi Singers

smartsingh24

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Us sikhs are frustrated that sikh symbols were used in the behzi play, what about Jazzy b that fool wears gold khanda when he is singing and dancing. Also wearing a gold khanda just defeats the object of wearing a khanda.

What are Sikhs actually getting up too these days man. But.. this is what you expect in kaljug.

Do you think things will get any better, what does the sangat think about it?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's disrespecting it. He's actually a pretty religious guy who doesn't hide his Sikhi love.

I think we should be happy to see some singer who is pro-Sikhi. Some of the other ones will say they beieve in "insaaniat" and not any particular religion.

i have to kinda agree with mahavir ji

i mean Jazzy B does show pyaar for Sikhi in his recordings even if his appearance does not show it.

But i do hate it when ppl go round flashing big khandas round their necks - bottle of sharaab in one hand and girls prancing around them like they in a brothel or suming. Perfect example of such an <banned word filter activated> is Mika - brother of another <banned word filter activated>, Daler Mehndi. Daler Mehndi wears a dastaar but i aint ever seen him show ne interest in Sikhi apart from having kids dancing round in a video with kirpaanaa which was another farce.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i jus gotta say one thing ..is he the only one doing that?? i dont think so and noe1 has ever said that making a khanda out of gold is a wrong thing... gold is pure and plus he also respects sikhi alot in his records and ive known that gguy for years he just moved to england and wen he went to the akhal takht sahib for his recording he showed alot of love for sikhi and made way more respect inside me....thas all i gtta say...fateh

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__//\\__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Speaking of singers, what's your guys' opinion on Gurdas Mann. I've noticed alot of BS in his behaviour.

-he came to Vancouver for a concert and did the customary 'religious' song first. He said something about Sikhs with turbans being hypocrites( something along those lines, not directly saying it).

-I heard one of his older songs once in which he says "dhoti tey pothi shado, eh gala baad dia" which means "let go of your pants and scriptures, these are less important [than love] "

-I was watching Deshpardes last week and they featured one more of his 'religious' songs. First of all, he started by saying something like "jai maa". Then he started with these sufi lyrics and he mingled it with some Gurbani (which he recited incorrectly and with head uncovered).

-some of you guys might have heard the song in which he says "jehra desh da kahiyey, oohda burah nahi chahi da " which means "don't wish ill of that country from which you eat". I'm pretty sure he was aiming that at Sikhs who criticize India.

-he's got a sick patriotic tinge to his lyrics which seems to be aimed at those that criticize India or who are Khalistanis.

Maybe I sound a bit paranoid, but I feel this guy has an agenda and doesn't wish well for religious Sikhs.

Anybody else notice this?

Any thoughts?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ive also noticed about that gurdaas man guy

i was watching des pardes, hoping to catch some keertan:), and he comes on tv

and he was talkin next stuff

like was point in wearing khanga, dastaar, and love for all mankind is the biggest religion and the best

and ive seent he move of his song, somthing bout desis, and he does try to attack khalistanis, looks like, by praising india and saying never attack the land who fed u

well it also killed, how many sikhs again?

i lost count after 10 000not to mention, attack harimander sahib

oo, but that was to get soo caled terrorists who stood up for the little man, and asked for only some basic sikh rights

but there must have been sikhs terriosit in the countless number of other gurughrs too eh??

i mean , that 90 year old granth, who used a walking stick, is a reall threat to the indian nation eh?

gurdas mans messed

trust men

hes a much of a sikh as india ghandi was

he dontl like khalistanis

but, well see in his neew movie

and paul 84, gold khanda are against sikhi

first of all

wearing a gold khanda is stupid, sikhs cant wear jewleery, guru je threw all his gold in a river and asked for pure iron, which is the best

gold for guru je, to make guru je look good is great

not for us

bhula chuka maf

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, vaheguru je ke fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!