WJKK, WJKF

As we all get ill, I thought it would be good to have a thread of desi medicines we can all share. I feel Western medicine as good as it is, in some cases doesn't want you to get 100% better but just enough for you needing to go back for me ( this discussion is probably left to separate thread).

So if we could write all the desi remedies we have learnt so we can share with the sangat, and also if the sangat does have issues they need a remedy for, this would be a good place to add!

To start off with 

Hayfever

I have been having couscous every morning a teaspoon with water for this. Seems to have work slowly but not sneezing as much.

Aches and pains

Haldi-milk. Sure everyone has heard of this before, and western world is catching up on this one too but great for aches and pains and many other things  

Please add more on the thread so we can share! 

WJKK WJKF

• Like 1
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hayfever : eating RAW local honey will help desensitize system ,                      can take  Nelson's Pollena  homeopathic  mix  or  Allium Cepa 30c  /Nat Mur 30c Aches and pains : with r

Ajawein. If you've got minor stomach/digestion pains - this seems to help big time.    Black cardamon and salt tea. Really good for clearing congestion and helping with sore throats.  

home cough strups: raw honey , fresh ginger juice and lemon juice                                     raw honey and ground black pepper heartburn : drink two tablespoons of apple cider vineg

If anyone suffers from constipation, then Gulkand can be very beneficial. Main ingredients of Gulkand are rose petals preserved in sugar.

many commerciallly mass produced Gulkand can contain too much sugar.

Divya pharmacy is of a better quality…

Gulkand is really good for anyone suffering from stomach acid too…👍

• Like 1

If anyone feels excessively cold in the winter months, or has wintery aches and pains, then Silajit can be very good.

It comes in two forms. A powder and a thick liquid. Only a minute amount put in to hot milk at night is required…👍

• Like 2

Dried powdered moringa leaves (Also called drumstick plant leaves) are essentially a natural multivitamin. Bring it into your diet (but don't have everyday to avoid an excess build up of nutrients). 

You can crush a handful into any curry you make. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Dried powdered moringa leaves (Also called drumstick plant leaves) are essentially a natural multivitamin. Bring it into your diet (but don't have everyday to avoid an excess build up of nutrients). 

You can crush a handful into any curry you make. 

Double like on moringa. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Double like on moringa. 

The nutrient profile on the dried leaves seem too good to be true. Also, it's interesting to note that drying the leaf seems to increase the concentration of many of the nutrients. 

I buy mine as a bunch of branches with fresh leaves, in a pack, from a local Sri Lankan supermarket, and then remove the leaves with my hands (a laborious and sometimes messy process!)  and put them in one of those net type bags (so air/moisture/heat can escape and penetrate), and hang them outside on the washing line for a few days when its not raining. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

to stop nonstop diarrhoea : small dish of natural yoghurt with one teaspoon instant coffee mixed in (any brand)

I've never had this, but whilst we are recording traditional practices, back home, they sometimes give a tiny amount of afeem (opium) to people with bad diarrhea. 

The person (from the UK) who I spoke to who had this, said it didn't buzz him at all. This is also supported by purported constipation of regular addicts of the substance.

Also, upon a stroke, the patient is given a tiny piece of opium under their tongue, this helps avoid the one sided paralysis associated with that condition. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've never had this, but whilst we are recording traditional practices, back home, they sometimes give a tiny amount of afeem (opium) to people with bad diarrhea. 

The person (from the UK) who I spoke to who had this, said it didn't buzz him at all. This is also supported by purported constipation of regular addicts of the substance.

Also, upon a stroke, the patient is given a tiny piece of opium under their tongue, this helps avoid the one sided paralysis associated with that condition. 

what I will say about a suspected stroke victim is give them Arnica 30c and send them straight to emercy room/accident and emergency , it will help dissolve the clot and remove the chance of damage to the person reestablishing blood pressure at correct levels

you are more likely to have instant coffee than opium in the house

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

what I will say about a suspected stroke victim is give them Arnica 30c and send them straight to emercy room/accident and emergency , it will help dissolve the clot and remove the chance of damage to the person reestablishing blood pressure at correct levels

you are more likely to have instant coffee than opium in the house

I've heard sticking an aspirin tablet under the stroke victims tongue also has a similar effect. Obviously it thins the blood, and makes it easier for some blood to travel through any narrowing of arteries. 

I'm just wondering if the afeem works along similar lines? Does it also thin the blood?  

• Like 1