• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hayfever : eating RAW local honey will help desensitize system ,                      can take  Nelson's Pollena  homeopathic  mix  or  Allium Cepa 30c  /Nat Mur 30c Aches and pains : with r

Ajawein. If you've got minor stomach/digestion pains - this seems to help big time.    Black cardamon and salt tea. Really good for clearing congestion and helping with sore throats.  

home cough strups: raw honey , fresh ginger juice and lemon juice                                     raw honey and ground black pepper heartburn : drink two tablespoons of apple cider vineg

On 7/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I've heard sticking an aspirin tablet under the stroke victims tongue also has a similar effect. Obviously it thins the blood, and makes it easier for some blood to travel through any narrowing of arteries. 

I'm just wondering if the afeem works along similar lines? Does it also thin the blood?  

aspirin is similar in action but it is not as good as arnica in homeopathic potency as that also has effects in reestablishing blood flow to blocked parts as a priority, whereever they are , it also helps with the shock factor to the mind.

afeem just makes muscles relax and vasodilation which is more mechanically increasing diameter of blood vessels but may not help in case of cereberal bleeds , I don't understand how a muscle relaxant would help in loss of muscle tone of say bell's palsy type I could if it was maybe an epilectic fit/convulsions but honestly it seems a hit and miss thing

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

afeem just makes muscles relax and vasodilation which is more mechanically increasing diameter of blood vessels but may not help in case of cereberal bleeds , I don't understand how a muscle relaxant would help in loss of muscle tone of say bell's palsy type I could if it was maybe an epilectic fit/convulsions but honestly it seems a hit and miss thing

I think sukha may also do that without the addiction risk of afeem. Sukha also seems to regulate neuron misfiring, hence it's usefulness with various epileptic conditions and other neuron based conditions like MS.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Going a little off-topic, @jkvlondon - what do you use for teeth-cleaning?

I use normal toothpaste but have for a long time thought it cannot be very safe with all the chemicals in it

I am still searching for a good solution here in uk, the available neem toothpastes are chock full of foaming agents which also happen to be skin/mucous membrane irritants , I remember hearing that in India companies add OTT amounts of foaming agents in soaps and toothpaste because people associate foaming with cleaning action . was considering getting a neem tree planting it in a pot as I have a south facing garden and the patio is always full sun (plus will help protect fruit trees from insects)
Am currently using happier  brand of toothpaste comes in metal tube with plastic lid which can be totally recycled , has none of the nasties , doesn't foam , natural mint oil flavour , vegan , has papaya extract for sensitive teeth and son says it is as good as sensodyne (he has sensiive teeth since breaking front tooth in fall)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I am still searching for a good solution here in uk, the available neem toothpastes are chock full of foaming agents which also happen to be skin/mucous membrane irritants , I remember hearing that in India companies add OTT amounts of foaming agents in soaps and toothpaste because people associate foaming with cleaning action . was considering getting a neem tree planting it in a pot as I have a south facing garden and the patio is always full sun (plus will help protect fruit trees from insects)
Am currently using happier  brand of toothpaste comes in metal tube with plastic lid which can be totally recycled , has none of the nasties , doesn't foam , natural mint oil flavour , vegan , has papaya extract for sensitive teeth and son says it is as good as sensodyne (he has sensiive teeth since breaking front tooth in fall)

Nice. I've been using coconut oil with a heavy dose of peppermint in it. I was wanting to try that salt and pepper thing from the other thread. Or maybe use a little baking soda, but the peppermint and oil alone seem to be working really well. Then I just swish with the oil and swallow it. Which I appreciate I can do without concern. 

I got some neem toothpicks dipped in oil that are nice to use too. 

That toothpaste you found sounds really good. 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Nice. I've been using coconut oil with a heavy dose of peppermint in it. I was wanting to try that salt and pepper thing from the other thread. Or maybe use a little baking soda, but the peppermint and oil alone seem to be working really well. Then I just swish with the oil and swallow it. Which I appreciate I can do without concern. 

I got some neem toothpicks dipped in oil that are nice to use too. 

oil pulling is okay but it coats the mouth too much  ... baking soda can be too harsh on enamel especially if you brush with a heavy hand  same with charcoal pastes , the link for the company selling Happier paste  is https://happierbeauty.com/
It is expensive but since it cuts down on buying two three different types of plastic tubed pastes  it works out great - a little goes a long way

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

painfulI got some neem toothpicks dipped in oil that are nice to use too. 

salt on a wet toothbrush or finger was the goto in our house if we ran out of paste or forgot our brushes when travelling .

remember if you have tooth pain or mouth ulcer that kills  crush a long/clove on your bad tooth  and swish the juice around your mouth(ulcer)

• Like 1
21 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

salt on a wet toothbrush or finger was the goto in our house if we ran out of paste or forgot our brushes when travelling .

remember if you have tooth pain or mouth ulcer that kills  crush a long/clove on your bad tooth  and swish the juice around your mouth(ulcer)

Ok, but how do you clean teeth on daily basis ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I remember they used these twigs quite a lot in India. I don't know what they were though?

They are neem twigs. You can still buy them today.