Jump to content

Desi Dawaiye (medicine)


SikhSeeker
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

to stop nonstop diarrhoea : small dish of natural yoghurt with one teaspoon instant coffee mixed in (any brand)

 

I've never had this, but whilst we are recording traditional practices, back home, they sometimes give a tiny amount of afeem (opium) to people with bad diarrhea. 

The person (from the UK) who I spoke to who had this, said it didn't buzz him at all. This is also supported by purported constipation of regular addicts of the substance.

Also, upon a stroke, the patient is given a tiny piece of opium under their tongue, this helps avoid the one sided paralysis associated with that condition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I've never had this, but whilst we are recording traditional practices, back home, they sometimes give a tiny amount of afeem (opium) to people with bad diarrhea. 

The person (from the UK) who I spoke to who had this, said it didn't buzz him at all. This is also supported by purported constipation of regular addicts of the substance.

Also, upon a stroke, the patient is given a tiny piece of opium under their tongue, this helps avoid the one sided paralysis associated with that condition. 

what I will say about a suspected stroke victim is give them Arnica 30c and send them straight to emercy room/accident and emergency , it will help dissolve the clot and remove the chance of damage to the person reestablishing blood pressure at correct levels

you are more likely to have instant coffee than opium in the house

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

what I will say about a suspected stroke victim is give them Arnica 30c and send them straight to emercy room/accident and emergency , it will help dissolve the clot and remove the chance of damage to the person reestablishing blood pressure at correct levels

you are more likely to have instant coffee than opium in the house

 

 

I've heard sticking an aspirin tablet under the stroke victims tongue also has a similar effect. Obviously it thins the blood, and makes it easier for some blood to travel through any narrowing of arteries. 

I'm just wondering if the afeem works along similar lines? Does it also thin the blood?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I've heard sticking an aspirin tablet under the stroke victims tongue also has a similar effect. Obviously it thins the blood, and makes it easier for some blood to travel through any narrowing of arteries. 

I'm just wondering if the afeem works along similar lines? Does it also thin the blood?  

aspirin is similar in action but it is not as good as arnica in homeopathic potency as that also has effects in reestablishing blood flow to blocked parts as a priority, whereever they are , it also helps with the shock factor to the mind.

afeem just makes muscles relax and vasodilation which is more mechanically increasing diameter of blood vessels but may not help in case of cereberal bleeds , I don't understand how a muscle relaxant would help in loss of muscle tone of say bell's palsy type I could if it was maybe an epilectic fit/convulsions but honestly it seems a hit and miss thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

afeem just makes muscles relax and vasodilation which is more mechanically increasing diameter of blood vessels but may not help in case of cereberal bleeds , I don't understand how a muscle relaxant would help in loss of muscle tone of say bell's palsy type I could if it was maybe an epilectic fit/convulsions but honestly it seems a hit and miss thing

I think sukha may also do that without the addiction risk of afeem. Sukha also seems to regulate neuron misfiring, hence it's usefulness with various epileptic conditions and other neuron based conditions like MS.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63072113 Russia's Vladimir Putin will hold a signing ceremony on Friday to annex four more areas of Ukraine after self-styled referendums condemned by Ukraine and the West as a sham. Russian-backed officials had earlier claimed the five-day exercise secured almost total popular support. So-called votes were held in Luhansk and Donetsk in the east, and in Zaporizhzhia and Kherson in the south. The Russian president will make a major speech at the Kremlin. A stage has already been set up in Moscow's Red Square, with billboards proclaiming the four regions as part of Russia and a concert planned for the evening.  The event echoes Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014, which also followed a discredited referendum and was heralded by a Kremlin signing followed by a presidential victory speech in parliament. That initial annexation has never been recognised by the vast majority of the international community, and nor will this.  Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the "pseudo-referendums" were worthless and did not change reality. "The territorial integrity of Ukraine will be restored. And our reaction to recognition of the results by Russia will be very harsh."  No independent monitoring of the Russian process took place and election officials were pictured going from door to door escorted by armed soldiers. "Tomorrow at 15:00 (12:00 GMT) in the St George Hall of the Grand Kremlin Palace a signing ceremony will be held on incorporating the new territories into Russia," said spokesman Dmitry Peskov. Separate agreements will be signed with the two Russian-backed separatist leaders from the east and the two Russian-appointed officials from the south. As with Crimea, Russia's two houses of parliament will formally ratify the annexation treaties next week. The Russian president is expected to address to the upper house of parliament on 4 October, three days before his 70th birthday.  The US has said it will impose sanctions on Russia because of the staged referendums, while EU member states are considering an eighth round of measures, including sanctions on anyone involved in the votes.
    • ਨਾਮਧਾਰੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਦਲੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ  ਨਿਹੰਗ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੇ ਜੱਥੇਦਾਰ ਸਰਦਾਰ ਮੇਜਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨਾਲ ਨੇ ਸਹਿਮਤ । VID-20220929-WA0000.mp4
    • You really are full of nonsense. The reason the Gujaratis came to Britain after being expelled from Africa was because they had British citizenship, no other reason. Many of them had to live in detention camps when they arrived! They did not uplift the image of Indians by selling saris and owning corner shops, something that Punjabis were doing where they were a majority anyway. 
    • Because Naamdharis are absolute masters at kirtan. Simple. On the topic of Akal Takht, it doesn't really hold the same authority as it did in the past. Just look at the people running it and you'll get what I mean. Most the panth, outside of stuff like Tankhaya, don't care about anything they have to say. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use