Jump to content

Desi Dawaiye (medicine)


SikhSeeker
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Going a little off-topic, @jkvlondon - what do you use for teeth-cleaning?

I use normal toothpaste but have for a long time thought it cannot be very safe with all the chemicals in it

I am still searching for a good solution here in uk, the available neem toothpastes are chock full of foaming agents which also happen to be skin/mucous membrane irritants , I remember hearing that in India companies add OTT amounts of foaming agents in soaps and toothpaste because people associate foaming with cleaning action . was considering getting a neem tree planting it in a pot as I have a south facing garden and the patio is always full sun (plus will help protect fruit trees from insects)
Am currently using happier  brand of toothpaste comes in metal tube with plastic lid which can be totally recycled , has none of the nasties , doesn't foam , natural mint oil flavour , vegan , has papaya extract for sensitive teeth and son says it is as good as sensodyne (he has sensiive teeth since breaking front tooth in fall)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I am still searching for a good solution here in uk, the available neem toothpastes are chock full of foaming agents which also happen to be skin/mucous membrane irritants , I remember hearing that in India companies add OTT amounts of foaming agents in soaps and toothpaste because people associate foaming with cleaning action . was considering getting a neem tree planting it in a pot as I have a south facing garden and the patio is always full sun (plus will help protect fruit trees from insects)
Am currently using happier  brand of toothpaste comes in metal tube with plastic lid which can be totally recycled , has none of the nasties , doesn't foam , natural mint oil flavour , vegan , has papaya extract for sensitive teeth and son says it is as good as sensodyne (he has sensiive teeth since breaking front tooth in fall)

Nice. I've been using coconut oil with a heavy dose of peppermint in it. I was wanting to try that salt and pepper thing from the other thread. Or maybe use a little baking soda, but the peppermint and oil alone seem to be working really well. Then I just swish with the oil and swallow it. Which I appreciate I can do without concern. 

I got some neem toothpicks dipped in oil that are nice to use too. 

That toothpaste you found sounds really good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Nice. I've been using coconut oil with a heavy dose of peppermint in it. I was wanting to try that salt and pepper thing from the other thread. Or maybe use a little baking soda, but the peppermint and oil alone seem to be working really well. Then I just swish with the oil and swallow it. Which I appreciate I can do without concern. 

I got some neem toothpicks dipped in oil that are nice to use too. 

That toothpaste you found sounds really good. 

oil pulling is okay but it coats the mouth too much  ... baking soda can be too harsh on enamel especially if you brush with a heavy hand  same with charcoal pastes , the link for the company selling Happier paste  is https://happierbeauty.com/
It is expensive but since it cuts down on buying two three different types of plastic tubed pastes  it works out great - a little goes a long way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Nice. I've been using coconut oil with a heavy dose of peppermint in it. I was wanting to try that salt and pepper thing from the other thread. Or maybe use a little baking soda, but the peppermint and oil alone seem to be working really well. Then I just swish with the oil and swallow it. Which I appreciate I can do without concern. 

 painfulI got some neem toothpicks dipped in oil that are nice to use too. 

That toothpaste you found sounds really good. 

salt on a wet toothbrush or finger was the goto in our house if we ran out of paste or forgot our brushes when travelling .

remember if you have tooth pain or mouth ulcer that kills  crush a long/clove on your bad tooth  and swish the juice around your mouth(ulcer)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

salt on a wet toothbrush or finger was the goto in our house if we ran out of paste or forgot our brushes when travelling .

remember if you have tooth pain or mouth ulcer that kills  crush a long/clove on your bad tooth  and swish the juice around your mouth(ulcer)

Ok, but how do you clean teeth on daily basis ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63072113 Russia's Vladimir Putin will hold a signing ceremony on Friday to annex four more areas of Ukraine after self-styled referendums condemned by Ukraine and the West as a sham. Russian-backed officials had earlier claimed the five-day exercise secured almost total popular support. So-called votes were held in Luhansk and Donetsk in the east, and in Zaporizhzhia and Kherson in the south. The Russian president will make a major speech at the Kremlin. A stage has already been set up in Moscow's Red Square, with billboards proclaiming the four regions as part of Russia and a concert planned for the evening.  The event echoes Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014, which also followed a discredited referendum and was heralded by a Kremlin signing followed by a presidential victory speech in parliament. That initial annexation has never been recognised by the vast majority of the international community, and nor will this.  Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the "pseudo-referendums" were worthless and did not change reality. "The territorial integrity of Ukraine will be restored. And our reaction to recognition of the results by Russia will be very harsh."  No independent monitoring of the Russian process took place and election officials were pictured going from door to door escorted by armed soldiers. "Tomorrow at 15:00 (12:00 GMT) in the St George Hall of the Grand Kremlin Palace a signing ceremony will be held on incorporating the new territories into Russia," said spokesman Dmitry Peskov. Separate agreements will be signed with the two Russian-backed separatist leaders from the east and the two Russian-appointed officials from the south. As with Crimea, Russia's two houses of parliament will formally ratify the annexation treaties next week. The Russian president is expected to address to the upper house of parliament on 4 October, three days before his 70th birthday.  The US has said it will impose sanctions on Russia because of the staged referendums, while EU member states are considering an eighth round of measures, including sanctions on anyone involved in the votes.
    • ਨਾਮਧਾਰੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਦਲੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ  ਨਿਹੰਗ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੇ ਜੱਥੇਦਾਰ ਸਰਦਾਰ ਮੇਜਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਨਾਲ ਨੇ ਸਹਿਮਤ । VID-20220929-WA0000.mp4
    • You really are full of nonsense. The reason the Gujaratis came to Britain after being expelled from Africa was because they had British citizenship, no other reason. Many of them had to live in detention camps when they arrived! They did not uplift the image of Indians by selling saris and owning corner shops, something that Punjabis were doing where they were a majority anyway. 
    • Because Naamdharis are absolute masters at kirtan. Simple. On the topic of Akal Takht, it doesn't really hold the same authority as it did in the past. Just look at the people running it and you'll get what I mean. Most the panth, outside of stuff like Tankhaya, don't care about anything they have to say. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use