Are jatts the most useless people on the planet?

californiasardar1

3 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I think that most people just identify Jatt with all Punjabis. (I hear some people with Khatri names calling themselves Jatt).

This is what starts happening when our entire media is centred around Jattism. Every singer is singing about being a Jatt. There are large numbers of people in the west who are not even aware that other castes exist. lol.

Controversial opinion:

Do you guys really think that Jattism is the biggest problem our quom has? Like, seriously?
If anything, this strange glorification is making more and more people aware of Punjabi issues. Yh, true, a lot of these songs are just plain gandh and promote a decadent lifestyle but we have rare songs where our history is shown (even Moosewala made those type of songs). I really like Jass Bajwa and Shree Brar for example.

Are lower castes in Punjab converting to Christianity because of Jattism or are they converting bc our political bodies in general are disorganised? Why aren't Sikh organisations going around and doing parchar and making sure Christian missionaries don't use sneaky and dishonest tactics to convert Sikhs? Is this really because of Jatts? Where are the Nihangs? Where is all the money that Sikhs abroad send to Punjab really going to?

If anything I think our quom has been hijacked by a group of predatory leaders. We need to remove these clowns first. We also need to worry about our decreasing birth rate and lack of Sikhi awareness in the youth: yes, it's not just Jatts that are unaware it's literally people from all 'castes'. 

15 minutes ago, Jassu said:

This is what starts happening when our entire media is centred around Jattism. Every singer is singing about being a Jatt. There are large numbers of people in the west who are not even aware that other castes exist. lol.

And none of that is promoting Sikh values but is being seen as synonymous with Sikh. You add the Bhangra culture and the demogrpahics and @dallysingh101 is upset lol. And bollywood etc is eroding Sikhi, on a number of fronts. 

But yes we need to remember the countless Jat Sikhs that are of immense value and have Sharda. 

It's not easy to keep your house in order when it's being undermined on four sides. But a house divided does not stand so we must endure. 

5 minutes ago, Jassu said:

Controversial opinion:

Do you guys really think that Jattism is the biggest problem our quom has? Like, seriously?
If anything, this strange glorification is making more and more people aware of Punjabi issues. Yh, true, a lot of these songs are just plain gandh and promote a decadent lifestyle but we have rare songs where our history is shown (even Moosewala made those type of songs). I really like Jass Bajwa and Shree Brar for example.

Are lower castes in Punjab converting to Sikhi because of Jattism or are they converting bc our political bodies in general are disorganised? Why aren't Sikh organisations going around and doing parchar and making sure Christian missionaries don't use sneaky and dishonest tactics to convert Sikhs? Is this really because of Jatts? Where are the Nihangs? Where is all the money that Sikhs abroad send to Punjab really going to?

If anything I think our quom has been hijacked by a group of predatory leaders. We need to remove these clowns first. We also need to worry about our decreasing birth rate and lack of Sikhi awareness in the youth: yes, it's not just Jatts that are unaware it's literally people from all 'castes'. 

Sorry I meant *are lower castes converting to Christianity

4 minutes ago, Jassu said:

Controversial opinion:

Are lower castes in Punjab converting to Sikhi because of Jattism or are they converting bc our political bodies in general are disorganised? Why aren't Sikh organisations going around and doing parchar and making sure Christian missionaries don't use sneaky and dishonest tactics to convert Sikhs? Is this really because of Jatts? Where are the Nihangs? Where is all the money that Sikhs abroad send to Punjab really going to?

The heads of the snake are many. 

Our problems are multifaceted. 

All those things need change or Seva. 

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked