Are jatts the most useless people on the planet?

californiasardar1

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Certain posters have illusions of grandeur from watching this type of garbage....lol!!!

Maula Jat (1979) - IMDb

Sultan Rahi who starred in all these kind of Pakistani Punjabi tribal films where he played a variety of Jats, Gujjars, Baloch was actually an Araieen which was a Muslim low caste who were mainly gardeners. These films actually started the trend in Punjab of Jat films which have never stopped. 

5 hours ago, proactive said:

This is quite interesting. While the Gurus taught us that our background was of less importance than what our actions and beliefs are, they never taught that we should actively hate our background. If people like Daily want to eradicate caste based discrimination then they need to understand what is caste and what is clan. It is easy for non-Jats to relegate their background and forget or even hate their own background because that background was always steeped in caste. The vast majority of non-Jats' ancestors suffered from caste based discrimination (apart from those Sikhs from the Khatri background) so they naturally want to forget their background and it is easy for them to do so.

But for Jats, it's different, our background is a part of our everyday life especially in rural Punjab. In any Punjabi village the Jats are all be related to each other because they are all descendants of a common ancestor or family group that founded the village many hundreds of years ago.  This is what is called patti in the village, a village could have two or three pattis. The next few villages around any particular village will also have been branches of the same family group. So if you live in the village your ancestral line is all around you and because your ancestors were never oppressed by the caste society and because they never wanted to be a part of the Manuvadi system then there is no great need to look down on your ancestors. Apart from a few villages who were founded by the same family group, you will also have a place which could be many miles away called your Jathera which is the original place from where your known ancestor came from.

The Gills will have their own Jathera, the Dhillons will have their own etc. Each Jat clan will have their own Jathera. So just as in many societies the knowledge of who your ancestors were is important and is passed down through the generations this is also what is passed down in each Punjab village. I doubt Daily could look back to more than 3-4 generations of his family, but because of the structure of the Jat village, I could possibly go back 10-15 generations quite easily. My own village, a village of Dhillon Jats was founded over 400 years ago, we know that the founding family of this village came from a village about 5 kms away to found this village. So as well as knowing that all the Jats in the village who are Dhillons are all descendants of a common ancestor of mine, I know that in the village 5 kms away we can find the descendants of our common ancestor's ancestors! So this shows how ingrained the clan and family descent is in Jats. What other person could go back to their village and know that 50-60% of a village of some 3000 people are all related to him and then the surrounding villages of similar numbers are also related to him?  And then if you want to even go back further, your very clan name links you to relatives who might live hundreds of miles away but who also have the same clan name. Dhillons are found in our Punjab,  West Punjab, Haryana, Western UP and some parts of Rajasthan and Madhya Pardesh. All these Dhillon are the descendants of either one common ancestor or a family group going back over a thousand if not more years. 

All the above which might be boring for non-Jats but which forms a large part of what the tribal identity of a Jat is. You can either negate all this and want Jats to disregard their clan identity because you believe that it is a caste and just the fact that he has an interest in his clan is tantamount to him being a casteist or you can understand what the attachment of a Jat is to his clan and accept that as long as his clan or tribe does not discriminate against any of Sikh then this does not make his a casteist. 

On a last point, I very much doubt that Daily who seem to be an expert on Jats known even 10% of what I wrote above, so in many way we can put his rants into that context. 

Very good knowledge in the above reply.

To rest of the sangat, try not to hold any type of prejudice, stereotyping and even discrimination among us. We are extremely small fraction of the world population and we need to UNITE regardless of your own biased opinions passed down family generations or one or two bad personal experiences. World is bigger than what our mind think. We are all same !! 

Thread closed.

• The topic was locked