Dead zameer (conscience)

TuhadaDaas

21 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think there are elements within our Sikhi which in one way is a strength, is also a vulnerability in terms of making us susceptible to the globalist manipulations.

One of these double edged qualities is our "open-ness"

Was this stuff ever originally in Sikhi like claimed now? No, I don't think so. There are umpteen references to Akali Nihungs being hostile to Europeans prior to colonisation, for instance. Even one recorded case of banning a European access to Harmandir Sahib. Even attacks on Europeans are recorded. The openness allowed for conversions, but that too in a guarded sense, that's why you have records of extra tests for muslim converts, that were designed to prove and facilitate a distance from the original belief. 

Another of these double edged qualities is our sense of "egalitarianess"

This is the foundation of Sikhi and Khalsacentric society. There is nothing wrong with this. The problem is that certain 'Sikhs' will espouse 'egalitarianism' for outsiders (who they really have an inferiority complex about, and really it's more about boot-licking than anything else), but fail to practice it with other Sikhs along Hinduistic lines. What does this cause? Internal movements that try and rectify this, and external movements (like in the form of legislation i.e. reservations) to create a fairer society and bash us on the head at the same time.  If certain ar5eholes didn't behave like they did within the panth in the first place, we wouldn't have to deal with this. But these people constantly make excuses for their bull5hit. 

Another one is our sense of "social justice" and standing up to the oppressor and to "protect the weak"

If we focused on doing this for the weak and oppressed in our own community first and foremost, we'd be getting things right. But again, inferiority complexes and cringe-worthy habits of needing constant external validation take it elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, Jassu said:

‘Converting women into Sikhi’

but nooo when I wrote that I’d like to marry my Dutch (bf) guy if he converted then everyone was like ‘yOu ShOuLdN’t CoNvErT pEoPlE’. literally the same thing I said. ‘Enthusiastically, voluntarily,’ yeah same way with him. I’m not holding a knife at his neck.

Oh well, at least you've admitted he is actually your boyfriend. 

9 hours ago, Jassu said:

You think I’m anti-Sikh just because I think that this video is completely irrelevant and will have/has no major effect on grooming

I think you're obfuscating. I think these videos play a part in making apneean behave like cheap, thirsty hoes. That's the first problem. It's a matter of identity.

The grooming thing is related, but not dependent on this. But what videos like this do is reinforce certain appalling stereotypes about apneean. 

Plus are you trying to say that media representations of the women of a community have no effect on the watcher's psyche? Especially given that it's clear that females are infinitely more susceptible to these things than hetero males - plus the image/narrative it creates in the mind of nonSikh male watchers.