Why do Sikh Youth emulate black culture?

Jassu

Has no one noticed this? Or am I hallucinating? Sikh youth usually try to emulate black culture while Hindus try to emulate white culture. I've totally noticed this and I feel a bit sad because cultures like that go nowhere. East Asian people try to emulate white culture, or at least respect it. Meanwhile, no offence, but generally communities with a lot of issues and low aspirations emulate black culture. All of our children are listening to horrendous rap songs and thugging it out on the streets (or at least attempting to). It is similar to how Arabs in European countries emulate black culture (notably, France) as well as Latinos in the US and whatnot...  it doesn't help that our own Punjabi media promotes gandh.

I know I'm going to be attacked but idc anymore, this is a significant issue imo. I've already been attacked enough lol

1 hour ago, Jassu said:

Has no one noticed this? Or am I hallucinating? Sikh youth usually try to emulate black culture while Hindus try to emulate white culture. I've totally noticed this and I feel a bit sad because cultures like that go nowhere. East Asian people try to emulate white culture, or at least respect it. Meanwhile, no offence, but generally communities with a lot of issues and low aspirations emulate black culture. All of our children are listening to horrendous rap songs and thugging it out on the streets (or at least attempting to). It is similar to how Arabs in European countries emulate black culture (notably, France) as well as Latinos in the US and whatnot...  it doesn't help that our own Punjabi media promotes gandh.

I know I'm going to be attacked but idc anymore, this is a significant issue imo. I've already been attacked enough lol

Psst..you forgot to say your Bani. You're welcome. *nod*

23 hours ago, Jassu said:

Why do so many Canadian Sikhs try to speak with "blaccents"? - POLITICS | LIFESTYLE - SIKH SANGAT

21 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

We Punjabis are a minority community with a strong dislike to the majority in our world. It’s similar to blacks being minorities. The Hindus and East Asians are both majority cultures. 

I don't think it's that simple. I think these are cultures which more stand up for themselves, physically - that's a good part of it at least. A lot of Gujarati and Sri Lankans in the UK behave similarly. 

3 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I think these are cultures which more stand up for themselves, physically - that's a good part of it at least.

I agree. Plus this strange matter of 'style'. You know I've seen women swooning over Irish accents and demeanour, Jamaican accents, French accents, Italiano accents......I don't think anyone has ever pulled a women because of their Indian accent though?