Why Panjabis learn Bhangra in the west

5aaban

10 hours ago, Premi5 said:

@Kaurr @5aaban

how much do your country people know about Sikhs? 

How many do you estimate know who are Sikhs?

How does this knowledge of Sikhs differ between different age groups and ethnicities in Australia?

Look, your average white Australian doesn't know, and probably doesn't care either. They've probably never been introduced to Sikhs, cause majority of us live in outer suburbs, while the ones that live in our areas might know that we exist and could know a bit but that's not that many people. 

We have the occasional that know a decent amount, but it's not that common.

23 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

ya you are right...? I'd been following her on ig so i was really surprised Muslims embracing their Punjabi culture

Wedding video...dad seems nowhere to be seen but you can see the Singh brother giving her away to islamic wedding 

Earlier this week saw another ig influence name Punjabi half white reverted to islam her dad being Sikh despite ...

image.png.e2490dd1d58f62326fb08060546c69cc.pngimage.png.dfa1a861c5bac997a85a11443f2e6d25.png

One love..unity guys ?

@proactive @GurjantGnostic

Narcicists are allowed to change disguises. One sixth of the population is not desirable. It's not grooming and we've lost nothing but a bad example. Did the sun just come out from behind that cloud and the world just get brighter?  Mmm the warmth and sense of being lighter. 

What's the saying? Build a golden bridge for your enemy to flee upon?

What's more important is the quality of Vidya and Parchar available, and adhering to Gurmat and restructuring the representation in the Gurudwaras, so as to draw in new Sikhs, who aren't looking for fuel, control, character traits or residual benefits. Sikhs who are not ostentatious, and shallow and worthless in a pinch. 

Sikhi should be austere, humble, Seva oriented, charitable, simple enough that almost no fakes would be drawn to it. And if we see to our family health, and protect our children in a generation or few we can deactivate the narcicisst genes in the existing population. 

Get our Gizmos back from the gremlins. 

It takes both the gene and a lack of control environment to activate the narcicissm. Now half of that the world does to you, but it is also proof that our households themselves have been infected. 

Be careful over indulging in media, hollywood, bollywood, memes, social media, news, hanging with people that do. Regulate what music you listen to, be aware that with Gurbani you are accepting and when it's anything else rejecting largely while identifying the few truths in it. It should be like enduring the cold. Shadab is our comfort and joy. Or music without lyrics. Rap for the record I consider in root to be related to the Dhamri struggle and is truly the sounds of Thugi. But listen to dead prez not all this kalyug poison they injected into the genre. It's only the surviving, thriving, justice sentiments of rap hip hop to identify with.  Our version would not include the same crimes. Listen to Ragge. Or electronic music. Be careful what images and messages the music you listen to is portraying. We of all people should know the power of music and information put together. 

Whatever you're trying to do, do it with Sikhs, and people who's genuine empathy and discipline you can verify. 

And avoid being ostentatious or caught up in consumerism and be careful of people who do. Like. Me personally. I could only have so much and know people are going without. I'm not balanced, but somewhere between selfless and selfish is a balance we should see in most people. 

I was raised on compassionate capitalism. I'm all good with people having receieved the fruits of their labor and genius, and keeping a portion of it. But I think we all know it's clear when somebody isn't really in it to win it, not charitable except for show and not donating their wisdom at least to the Paanth, and doing who knows what behind cloaed doors, applying a facade to fake through the Gurudwara time to time. Raising their kids to be white secretly. Possibly <banned word filter activated> up the entire organization with their narcicistic power plays. You know. Business as usual. 

We have to be narc and pedo proof as people and a group. Detect them, and change how leaders are placed and choose non narcs. They don't get to run or campaign. They get chosen.