Thoughts on Chis Gayle's new Punjabi themed song

Punjabiwolves

7 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

I'm not comfortable with the mixing of western elements with Panjabi music (e.g. hip-hop dancers in the background). The song title is just weird. 

I guess the real essence of Panjabi music is long gone, now it's just cars, exotic locations, skimpy clothing, hip-hop dancers, Gucci and the most obvious, fake views. Panjabi singers these days also have an obsession of collaborating with black artists/western rappers and normalise things like smoking in videos. 

1 hour ago, 5aaban said:

I guess the real essence of Panjabi music is long gone, now it's just cars, exotic locations, skimpy clothing, hip-hop dancers, Gucci and the most obvious fake views. Panjabi singers these days also have an obsession with collaborating with black artists/western rappers and normalise things like smoking in videos. 

Don't forget how this industry has done more than any other thing to make casteism worse in the panth.

I don't mind creative fusion and I appreciated some of Panjabi MCs earlier work. But where it's gone now.....

1 hour ago, proudkaur21 said:

How can we stop this menace? They make it because it sells and earns them money. Money is their god. They dont care about anything else.

Firstly it wont happen overnight. The problem itself has been growing since the late 80s. 

Ridiculing it as we are now is an important step. Within social interactions with apnay, this also need to be done (subtly!)

Personally I believe mothers have a massive influence on their kids (more so than fathers often). Females as mothers/aunties/older siblings need to school and indoctrinate as many younguns as they can in a tactful way. They have to be extremely careful not to come across as fuddy-duddys though, because this has a 'cobra effect'. (Look that up!) 

Women need to tell their men outright what they think of their casteism, and challenge it. They should avoid blokes of this ilk too if possible. 

This has to be subtly and not excessively if it will cause problems in your family.