Some home truths for Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid

proactive

1 minute ago, dallysingh101 said:

It isn't just so-called 'low castes', hordes of juts are converting. When people play down systemic discrimination within the panth (and in essence let it fester and grow) we just end up creating an even more dysfunctional, disunited society. This stuff has serious, deep, long term consequences that don't do us any favours.   

That is literally what I'm saying . People are not converting just because of casteism but money plays a big role in it. They are converting for money as can be seen from conversions of jutts. But alot of people hide that they are converting for benefits.

3 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

That is why I gave the example of turkey. Our case is similar to theirs kind of. So it's not Islam but the fact that most of these people grow up in pro islam countries with barely any non muslims so they are not influenced by other ideologies and become strong in their religion.

I find the opposite true. They end up in mixed cultures, where other more kuttarh sullay live (in small minorities) and get influenced by them. 

Plus, also on a street level, they do a lot black economy things together (like distributing drugs) so they have shared objectives.  

Just now, dallysingh101 said:

I find the opposite true. They end up in mixed cultures, where other more kuttarh sullay live (in small minorities) and get influenced by them. 

Plus, also on a street level, they do a lot black economy things together (like distributing drugs) so they have shared objectives.  

When minorities immigrate to new countries, they cling to past culture and tradition and religion and those small new communities they find because it’s all they have. 

2 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

That is literally what I'm saying . People are not converting just because of casteism but money plays a big role in it. They are converting for money as can be seen from conversions of jutts. But alot of people hide that they are converting for benefits.

Well there is a big difference between someone from a mazhbhi background whose family have been on the receiving end of oppression for generations leaving to some opportunistic jut whose never faced these things leaving for economic/social benefits.  

Just now, Jassu said:

When minorities immigrate to new countries, they cling to past culture and tradition and religion and those small new communities they find because it’s all they have. 

Also, in the modern world where secularism has become globally pervasive in many places (especially like india), within a few generations these diasporans find that the people from the 'mother land' are totally unlike their own recent forefathers from the very same place. Whilst they try and cling on to some identity, many from the mother land have moved into another direction and have become something else. It's like a being stuck in a timewarp - but one where many of the older norms are better than the modern norms of the community.