Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kalyug times

Why Do All Marriages Between Sikh Women And Non-Sikh Men End In Divorce?

37 posts in this topic

My question to this writer is why do Amritdhari Distar Wala Families to some precent end up in divorce? Before you asking the silly question of yours.

This disease of Divorce can happen to anyone.

I agree with the original poster I have not come across one successful long term marriage between a Indian sikh woman and non sikh man. And when I talk of long term I mean over 15-20years.

I recently joined a social network site where everyone is allowed on and the majority of the non-pracitising sikh women I've talked to on there were married to non-sikh atheist/christian white guys and now divorced. One girl who got pregnant by a muslim guy and now wanted to find a sikh guy but none are willing to even date her knowing she was with a muslim let alone having his kids. Another got pregnant out of wedlock with a jamacian guy who used to beat her up and rape also after grooming her with sweet talk,etc. Another Sikh woman married to an white irish man divorced after 2 years because he used to beat her domestic abuse common after getting drunk. Another sikh woman I talked to married her atheist white uni boyfriend and he cheated on her with several white women and now he living with a white girlfriend expecting a baby while she is on dating websites frustrated with guys treating her as a sex object and with contempt cos of her past.

Now these women werent naive they knew neither their religion or community would be happy but they were arrogant they fought against waheguru's wishes for them for being blessed as a Sikh and now paying the price.

Not all Sikh marriages work out there is no guarantee that a sikh man and sikh woman would work out for the long term either but if you have the same faith and same outlooks in life there is a greater chance it will work because its more than attraction more than sex its something spiritual and deeper. Also if you fear karma and Waheguru's actions for disobeying him then you will not cross the lines..... a Sikh can marry any sikh of any racial or ethnic group as long as they the opposite sex and a believer like yourself thats the mandetory bit.

I remember seeing photo's of a american black sikh guy and american punjabi sikh woman married and I had no feelings of resentment or thinking another sikh woman is destroying her life and giving negative demographics to sikhi because they were both Sikhs. Similiary I came across a punjabi sikh guy married to white wife who embraced sikhi and I had no feelings against him either because they a sikh couple who raising their kids in a sikh household. In many cases those who embrace Sikhi uphold the faith better than those born into it yet have modern liberal selfish atheist views.

Edited by superkaur
1 person likes this

We all stereotype, without even realizing most of the time.

Us punjabi sikhs can be quite backward as ''karndeep" pointed out above.

The problem is that very easily we mix sikhi with punjabi culture,,.. when in fact they are two different things.

Marriage in sikhi is about SIKH & SIKH...it has nothing to do with what colour or background you from.

Marriage as per culture is about punjabi sikh & punjabi sikh and then family and caste also come into play..

The topic in question is about non-sikh marrying a sikh... which in fact is nothing to do with sikhi and is not even a marriage as per sikhi.

A sikh marriage is completely different to other faiths.It is not about 2 people getting married with God being the witness.....it is about God marrying or merging two souls with himself....

1 person likes this

Brother Lucky,

we should also remember, that even for the merging two souls in Him, the only needful ceremony to be carried out, is His Simran, His love, His bakshish.... no worldly marriage will enable us to merge in Him, not even that one between sikhs.

Worldy marriage takes place, because there is some karmic settlement, adjustment between them to be cleared out, either by paying or getting ....

But the marriage of the bride soul with Purukh Wahiguru, is the birthright of all souls, there is no such karmic adjustment, it is just a natural bond of love and grace....

In reality, this game of love, is started by Wahiguru Himself, by pulling the soul towards Himself..... thus the soul is helpless, it can not resist the pull of the Beloved

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

I am a white atheist man in a relationship with a Sikh lady. She is the most amazing person I have ever met. I do not try to lead her astray, I try to help her to become a better person as she does me. I actually remind her when she has not said her prayers and I tell her that she needs to visit the temple more often. I love her with all my heart, the only problem with our relationship is people like this gentleman and their opinions. I am a secret to the majority of her family and friends. Those that know about us like me and know that I am good for my girlfriend. I lead my life in an honest and honourable manner. I spend half of my year working in India and regularly help charities there. I feel like I am being punished because I was not born in a certain place and I do not believe that God would take this as acceptable behaviour.

I am a white atheist man in a relationship with a Sikh lady. She is the most amazing person I have ever met. I do not try to lead her astray, I try to help her to become a better person as she does me. I actually remind her when she has not said her prayers and I tell her that she needs to visit the temple more often. I love her with all my heart, the only problem with our relationship is people like this gentleman and their opinions. I am a secret to the majority of her family and friends. Those that know about us like me and know that I am good for my girlfriend. I lead my life in an honest and honourable manner. I spend half of my year working in India and regularly help charities there. I feel like I am being punished because I was not born in a certain place and I do not believe that God would take this as acceptable behaviour.

Hey buddy! What you and your gf have does sound beautiful. I genuinely wish you guys all the best!

The problem here is that your gf happens to be punjabi. Now as punjabis we're not very accepting of you foreign folk taking our ladies!! Lol. Even if you decided to become a sikh (you'd obviously never be punjabi), you'd find that many of us would still have a problem with you. Basically, theres no winning with punjabis. So erm... good luck!

Regarding Sikhi however, pre-marital relations are not permitted. Nor are interfaith marriages!! So I hope you wont be one of those joeys clad in indian dress wanting to partake in a bogus anand karaj (sikh wedding) with your gf. Wrong on so many levels mate! Stick to a civil ceremony if you get that far ;)

All that being said though, dont let any of that come between you guys. Whether you believe in god or not, at the end of the day, you're free to make whatever decision you wish to make. Just remember you're not free from the consequence of that decision. A paradox indeed...

1 person likes this

All I dream about is a seemingly nonexistent Punjabi woman who would fall in love with me, and I with her, and she would teach me the Punjabi language and I would teach her Norwegian and English, and as non Sikhs we would explore the Guru Granth Sahib and become Khalsas together during Amrit on Baisakhi and get married and live the Sikh lifestyle together in love forever. In the meantime, I'm just an absurd Norwegian-American fool with a dream of something impossibly wonderful.

All I dream about is a seemingly nonexistent Punjabi woman who would fall in love with me, and I with her, and she would teach me the Punjabi language and I would teach her Norwegian and English, and as non Sikhs we would explore the Guru Granth Sahib and become Khalsas together during Amrit on Baisakhi and get married and live the Sikh lifestyle together in love forever. In the meantime, I'm just an absurd Norwegian-American fool with a dream of something impossibly wonderful.

You don't need a woman to bring you to Sikhi; only Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji can bring Sikhi to you. If I had any power to save anyone as simply a follower of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, I wouldn't do it just for same dating-ritual. Every Gursikh will try their very best to assist you, without some ulterior motives.
2 people like this

I have a question How come someone like me a Amritdhari Distar wala married to an Amritdhari Distar Wali Singhni have been divorced for the last 6 years after 17 years of marriage. It had nothing to do with cheating and stuff. If marriage is going to break it does not matter if you are a Sikh, Hindu, Christian, Atheist. You are just not meant to be with a person for life.

I have a question How come someone like me a Amritdhari Distar wala married to an Amritdhari Distar Wali Singhni have been divorced for the last 6 years after 17 years of marriage. It had nothing to do with cheating and stuff. If marriage is going to break it does not matter if you are a Sikh, Hindu, Christian, Atheist. You are just not meant to be with a person for life.

I would answer your question if you are willing to rephrase the question.

Yes i do believe that its true most of punjabi girl marriages to non punjabis end up in divorce, as not even punjabi girls but the whole punjabi community is very selfish & cunning so the same way thier girls...many of you will ask how can i say that? ans is that because my family had faced the same issue thrice... and now the foruth one is me....punjabi girls are cheaters...not even one or two but the all of them same ----

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0