Koran, For Research Or Keeping In Home

Khalsa Girl, Gurmukhi isnt a Scriputre, it is a language/Script. some people use the words Gurmukhi and Punjabi interchangeably and i think AussieSikh may have done the same.

I think , He means he brought a koran which was translated into Punjabi.

118997[/snapback]

thanx for educating me Khalsa ji. i always make mistakes ji. respect.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

"Forgive me but do you not call Akaal as 'Kirpadhaar' does he pick and choose on whom the grace should fall, if so then he must dislike and like his creations. Is this not duality? which further means he is not content or at peace and is an emotional entity."

Gurbani also states that the Grace for salvation is bestowed to only those that the Almighty befits. There IS discrimination from the Almighty...if you have a problem, take it up with the Almighty. Sorry, it is the way it is...

Pheena Ji, you are such a troublemaker... tongue.gif

does God love evil people and hate good righteous people?

should God treat evil people the way he would treat good righteous people?

God loves those who follow him and his special chosen saints who are to show us the right correct true way of following him and obeying him and worshipping him

how could God love those who do not do these things, and sometimes even go further and even reject his very existence

even when we die and are to be judged, God will only accept the good ones, and if he likes will forgive the bad ones, but for sure there are some that he just wont forgive

thats why there is the idea of coming back into this world 84 thousand lack joon, and then getting a golden chance at life as a human because life without God is hell, but when you are in his presence , that is the highest delight

just off topic though...is this(84 thousand lack creatures ) really true or was it just taken from hinduism

and arent there more than 84 thousand lack creatures in this planet

guru is gurbani and is waheguru!

waheguru gur shabadh hai

118987[/snapback]

So then the Word is God? meaning he consists of 4 letters and few vowels? Or is he beyond the Word and the Word points towards him.

118990[/snapback]

Your mistaken i didnt mean only letters, but the word IS waheguru. But it has been written in words for us to read and i cannot not see that in sri guru granth sahib, i can only see the wirrten gurbani. Only fortunate ones can see the true light in the guru granth sahib. If you think about it guru granth sahib isnt only letters and vowels, it has raags in it which is the music and feeling. These are the few things which are inside guru ji, we tend to think of it just as a holy book, just imagine what other wonders there are that we cannot yet see! As i said only the highly spirtual and naam devotees can see the true guru in guru granth sahib.

Also i dont understand what you mean by "beyond" we already know waheguru has no limits. Waheguru has many forms: naam, satguru. If someone could explain roop and saroop...

does God love evil people and hate good righteous people?

should God treat evil people the way he would treat good righteous people?

God loves those who follow him and his special chosen saints who are to show us the right correct true way of following him and obeying him and worshipping him

how could God love those who do not do these things, and sometimes even go further and even reject his very existence

even when we die and are to be judged, God will only accept the good ones, and if he likes will forgive the bad ones, but for sure there are some that he just wont forgive

thats why there is the idea of coming back into this world 84 thousand lack joon, and then getting a golden chance at life as a human because life without God is hell, but when you are in his presence , that is the highest delight

just off topic though...is this(84 thousand lack creatures ) really true or was it just taken from hinduism

and arent there more than 84 thousand lack creatures in this planet

119027[/snapback]

8.4 million lakh joon is cleary stated in guru granth sahib. There are a few things from hindhuism which are true, but hinduism mostly doesnt have anything to do with sikhism. Some people are fooled by this because of guru nanak sahib being born into a hindhu family.

Sat Sri Akal:

"Forgive me but do you not call Akaal as 'Kirpadhaar' does he pick and choose on whom the grace should fall, if so then he must dislike and like his creations. Is this not duality? which further means he is not content or at peace and is an emotional entity."

Gurbani also states that the Grace for salvation is bestowed to only those that the Almighty befits.  There IS discrimination from the Almighty...if you have a problem, take it up with the Almighty.  Sorry, it is the way it is...

Pheena Ji, you are such a troublemaker... tongue.gif

beloved veer ji, the problem is not with him, rather the problem is with me and my futile attempts to understand his Grace. I have been taught that Gods Grace falls upon ALL, that he is not impartial towards his creation, he love them equally. My heart is wanting to blame us (the umbrella of ego which we stand under) rather than God for not showering his grace upon us. But then again im gona leave this open for myself to further understand his Grace....perhaps i will come across another article which will explain your point of him showing discrimination more clearly for me to be able to comprehend. :wub: God Speed veer ji.

guru is gurbani and is waheguru!

waheguru gur shabadh hai

118987[/snapback]

So then the Word is God? meaning he consists of 4 letters and few vowels? Or is he beyond the Word and the Word points towards him.

118990[/snapback]

Your mistaken i didnt mean only letters, but the word IS waheguru. But it has been written in words for us to read and i cannot not see that in sri guru granth sahib, i can only see the wirrten gurbani. Only fortunate ones can see the true light in the guru granth sahib. If you think about it guru granth sahib isnt only letters and vowels, it has raags in it which is the music and feeling. These are the few things which are inside guru ji, we tend to think of it just as a holy book, just imagine what other wonders there are that we cannot yet see! As i said only the highly spirtual and naam devotees can see the true guru in guru granth sahib.

Also i dont understand what you mean by "beyond" we already know waheguru has no limits. Waheguru has many forms: naam, satguru. If someone could explain roop and saroop...

119124[/snapback]

nice explanation, what i meant by beyond is that he is beyond the 4 letter word that we recite.

"8.4 million lakh joon is cleary stated in guru granth sahib. There are a few things from hindhuism which are true, but hinduism mostly doesnt have anything to do with sikhism. Some people are fooled by this because of guru nanak sahib being born into a hindhu family"

maybe its stated in the guru granth sahib, but many hindus and muslims wrote in this, and they had their different belief systems that they were coming with, so how to resolve this...are we supposed to believe in everything in the guru granth sahib, or only that which was written by the gurus? because if we are supposed to believe in everything, that would mean we believe in both for example churasee lack joon (84 thousand lack creatures from the hindu saints who had their hymns included) as well as hell and paradise from the muslim saints who had their hymns included...and these two notions as understood in their respective perspectives are inherently contradictory...so...what to do?

and you said that

"There are a few things from hindhuism which are true"

so that means there must be a few things in hinduism which is false

so someone practicing those false things, is practicing falsehood, which is the total direct opposite of truth, and The Truth is Vaheguru....

so how is it possible that that person is on the right path to meeting his Lord, and how could his Lord be happy with him???

i hope someon answers these questions because i'm really confused

thanks

hi sangat

iz it right to keep koran in your home when guru granth sahib ji is not in your home. Even if the keper says its for general knowlege and thas it. doesnt research need to be jus in library etc and not in home especially if one is amritdhari.

loking forward to reply's

117221[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong with keeping the Koran in your home in the absence of the Guru Granth Sahib.

ajeetu veerji ..

all of sri guru granth sahib ji is the word of guru nanak dev ji .. and jot of guru nanak dev ji that was past through the next 4 gurus and also our 9th guru. These 6 gurus plus some bhagats before guru nanak dev jis times bani was included in guru granth sahib ji which i forgot who during guru gobind singh ji added the final pieces of guru tegh bahadur ji and completed our final guru .. sri guru granth sahib ji ..

nothing has been 'added' by hindus to guru sahib that we refer to/read today and goto for answers.. guru granth sahib ji is coomplete and there is no one who is like guru sahib ..

yes there are controversies with the other granths, but NEVER sri guru granth sahib ji .. it has everything and anything we need to know about life.. and about chaurai lakh jhoon .. it is written in bani .. and it is true ..

bhul chuk maph