Should Sikhism Be Liberalised

sikh_a_disciple

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Sikhism introduced some of the most modern thoughts to society. The majority of what Western society is doing is pretty backward...they say do whatever you want as long as it feels good. That was an early Indian philosophy thousands of years ago. Many philosophies came after that.

It is not Sikhism which has to change, but the WORLD which has to catch up with Sikhism (and the Sikhs)! Anyways, what is so great about these "times" anyways that you wish to become more in tune with it?

I can't remember the lady's name, but a nobel laureate once commented on Maharaaj Dhan Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee. She was amazed... She spoke of the "sacred scriptures" and the modern word of our Guru's. Astoundingly shocked at how maharaaj was written way before our time, but reached out and transcends across time to be valid still today.

How the Sacred Word speaks beyond a time, age, religion, a people.

PAaji... once again people talk about breaking down the barriers of Sikhism to accomodate the world.. when the world should be breaking down its barriers to accomodate Truth. Sikhi. Guru Granth Saahib Jee Maharaaj.

Just my rambling. Forgive me for my many mistakes.

man-made things change with the times, akaal Purakh's creation is akaal, eternal, and sikhi is God's creation.

also what would a person do with a kirpan when he doesn't have God in his heart? The first 9 Gurus spread Shabad Guru and decorated the sikhs with shabad Guru and then as we say in Ardas, agiyag payee Akaal Ki tabhe chalaiyoh panth, when God's hukam came the khalsa panth was created. First sant then sipahi.

The gurus didn't do things in reaction to anything, they acted according to the hukam of waaheguru thus they were satgurus.

You dumb poll just shows how brainwashed you really. you have the typical indian sikh belief that the gurus were some indian reformists who acted according to the times.

peace.

Please read the following comments made by this RSS agent or whoever he is on another forum:

Some of my Sikh Brothers want Khalistan.

Suppose they get it. What next?

What will happen in your Khalistan?

Who will like to Live in your Khalistan?

Will the People who are well settled outside Punjab & in foriegn Countries like USA,Canada,UK,Australia etc.come to live in your Khalistan?

We are acting like Kids who wants to have a certain toy.

The Child Cries,he fights, he shows his anger & unhappiness to get the toy.

But when he gets the Toy he plays for a while & when he is fed of the toy,

he looks up for something else.

This is the reality of Khalistan.

We will only bring disgrace & shame to our Gurus.

Cause our Gurus always wanted us to Stay together with each & every community & religion.

That is the Reason why our Guru Granth Sahebji has the teachings of the Saints from all types of Religions.

Hope I could have changed the thinking of atleast one Khalistani.

Dont be a Khalistani be a Sikh.

That is the order of your Gurus.

Gursikh of Universe

(please email this message to every Sikh u know)

http://www.jattworld.com/exoops/modules/ne...id=2409&forum=1

There seems to be a number of similar comments being made by people posting behind so called Sikh identities. This particular guy has been posting under two names over on the other forum:

Hi sikh_a_disciple,

I am not anti or pro Khalistan cos I am Non-Political when it comes to anything relating to Third World stupid country i.e. India. However, the reason I am posting this is that looking at ur IP address, you are also posting with another id called - "Diljeet_stud".

Again, I am not on some religious/political propaganda, but Are u on that Damn Hindutva Agenda? How come I dont see a single post of yours condemning 1984 Sikh Holocaust or 2002 Muslim Holocaust in Gujarat?

What is ur opinion on the Killing and burning alive of Christian Missionary Graham Staines and his two Children by Hindus? Do you condemn that?

well he sort of revealed what a sikh he is when he signed off as the gursikh of the universe, man he thinks a lot of himself or else well he is a hindu

:) @

well now that u been revealed why not be urself in the posts?

ninja.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

well he sort of revealed what a sikh he is when he signed off as the gursikh of the universe, man he thinks a lot of himself or else well he is a hindu

:) @

well now that u been revealed why not be urself in the posts?

ninja.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

121385[/snapback]

users using diffrent user names on different sites? wacko.gif

Is he hindu or sikh?

Dear Gursikhs,

I know you'll hate me for this but I am just showing you the True Picture.

I dont say we give permission for anything against the Gurus.

But We have to change with changing times.

Guru have done things at the appropriate times.

Why Guru Nanakji Start Sikhism & not made Khalsa Force?

Guru Gobind Singhji Started Khalsa because that was the need of that time.

Now infact majority of the Soldiers in the Defence Forces Trim Beards.

Why have we started wearing Pants & Shirts?

Why dont we wear Kacherras & Jabbas to our Offices?

Majority of the Sikh youth dont want to keep long Beards.

If they are not given such liberty they will revolt & become Clean Shaven.

Trimming of Beard should be taken lightly.

Majority of Sikh girls are marrying Clean Shaven Guys. They wont mind even if they are not Punjabis but they dont want to move along with Guys with Long Beards.

We become angry when we see a Sikh with his Beard Trimmed, but have our leaders missed out any occassion in praising the Hard work of Dharmendra & his Sons, Sunny Deol & Bobby Deol?

Oh Dharmendra Sadde Punjab da Puttar.

Why this Discrimination? Because he has become Rich & Famous.

Bloody Diplomats.

Majority of the Leaders with Full beards are not doing any good for Sikhism. Their only aim is to fool the innocent so that they make loads & loads of money.

Sorry to dissapoint you'll once again.

But I will not stop telling the Truth.

Gursikh of Universe

120991[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

SURE....GO RIGHT AHEAD AND CHANGE WHAT OUR GURU JIS GAVE US AS A BLESSING. AND GO RIGHT AHEAD AND BELIEVE IN WHATEVER YOU WANT!

..........NOT!!!!

ummm......no offence ji, but umm.......i think that this post you just put up is umm...'trash'...(ok that sounds soooo mean...but im not a mean person; or at least i think im not :) )

anywhoooo.....

QUOTE:But I will not stop telling the Truth.

umm.....what truth exactly ji????

where is 'truth' in your post ji???

i cant believe you actually asked this stuff. ohmy.gif :doh:

but have our leaders missed out any occassion in praising the Hard work of Dharmendra & his Sons, Sunny Deol & Bobby Deol?

HEY! if you want to be like them...then go rigth ahead ji.....but dont cry once you get to the 'day of judement'

when you get there, God is going to ask you why you did what you did...and whats your reply going to be?: "Because I wanted to be like Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol, instead of being what our Guru ji's wants me to be."....good luck with that ji!!!!!!

oh...and theres nothing wrong with us wearing pants ji!! :doh: @ thats kind of weird for anyone to mention. :doh:

i know girls and guys where i live who wear cholay every single place they go. and i live in CANADA! rolleyes.gif if you think its wrong to wear pants, then wear cholay! simple as that.

i hope you didnt feel too offended ji.

even though you kind of asked for it in a way. :doh:

just one more thing....ARE YOU LIKE....A HINDU, OR HALF HINDU OR SOEMTHING?

AS A SIKH, YOU SHOULDNT BE ASKING SUCH ST*PID QUESTIONS AND MAKING SUCH ST*PID COMMENTS!!!! :doh:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.